bath time

By C
@ShyBear88 (17216)
Wow! Today my 5 year old nephew walked by me while were going out of the house and he smells like a grown man that has been in the sun. He's mother hasn't given him a bath at all all week. I hated when she does this. He's been playing all week with my 1.5 year old daughter running around the house and every time he does by the time it's his bed time his head is full of nothing but sweat. Now both of my little ones get two baths a week if not more. I always aim to give them baths every other night because they have sensitive skin. If they are really dirty or sweaty I give them a bath no matter what. I always make it part of there bed time. So they know when they do get a bath that right afterwards it's time to go to sleep. My youngest doesn't get it yet because he is only 8 weeks old. But come on how hard is it to give your child a bath when it's clear they need one and that they are all disgusting smelling. No wonder my mom is the one that makes him get baths since his own mommy won't do it. I've mention several times this week that he need a bath and I know his mom heard me but was ignore me since I was talking to him. He is autistic and he hates being dirty and loves bath time.
Paul has developed a real case of stinky feet and that is something that we are having to deal with right now. I have to say that it isn't one of my favorite things, but it is something that I am able to deal with. That said, I've always told the children that they need to have baths every other night. However, if they have been outside playing and they have been sweating a lot, then I will make them take a bath every night as needed.
@ShyBear88 (17216)
I do the same with my daughter. With the baby it's every other night or if need it I'll give him every night depending on if he has sweated or not. Mostly both get a bath every other night.
@deebomb (15323)
Hello dorannmwin. Kids get stinky feet because their feet sweet so much from wearing shoes.. There are any number of remedies for it. One is tea. boil several tea baks and let the tea become strong then have your son soak his feet in the tea for about 10 minutes. He may be low on zinc too. Here are a few web pages that have different remedies. http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2008/06/24/tea-for-stinky/ http://voices.yahoo.com/10-ways-cure-stinky-rotten-smelly-feet-592500.html http://www.livestrong.com/article/267517-how-to-use-tea-soaking-for-foot-odor/ http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2008/09/13/tea-soak-for-st/
@deebomb (15323)
Hello Shybear. I have suggestion for you concerning your nephew. Why not have him take a bath when he is visiting you. It sounds to me like his mom wouldn't care if he took one at your house. Kids can be bathed too often too. Taking a bath twice a day if soap is used it will remove the natural oil from their skin. I believe that bathing too often can reduce a person or child ability to develop a good healthy immune system. a good rinse nightly and soap being used every other day is best. That way the natural oils will not be removed from the body.
@ShyBear88 (17216)
He doesn't come to my house and I don't bring him to my house ever. We go over to my parents house where my brother and his wife live. It's not my job to give him baths either it is his own parents job like it is my job to give my own kids there baths. I do my own once every other day.
@deebomb (15323)
Hello ShyBear. I'm sorry if I offended you. But it seems to me that it is cthe responsibility of every adult to make sure all children are treated right and that means getting a child to take a bat when needed. When my own kids were 5 years old they took their own baths but sometimes needed to be told. Next time you are over there take him aside and suggest he go take a bath. Would you allow him to go hungry? It is the same thing.
@mzz663 (2775)
Maybe his mom has problems getting him out of the tub if he loves baths, maybe he splashes a lot? There might be a reason behind her not wanting to give him a bath. I am curious to know if you asked about giving him a bath if she would let you do that and keep an eye on your little ones while you do that.
@ShyBear88 (17216)
All young children splash a lot and if any mother used that as and excuses then they shouldn't have a child in there life if they don't want to deal with giving bathes and stuff. Both of my kids make messes when there in the bath. Yes it is annoying that there is normally water all over the floor and walls but I give them baths every other day like they should. One I wouldn't give my nephew a bath because yes he might listen to me but I have never given him a bath. I've helped give him baths and always my mom does it. My nephew hates it when his mom gives him baths. He needs the right people and she just doesn't understand a child with special needs. She does nothing with him unless it fits her needs not his needs at all. Also if I was to give him a bath I would never in a million year let this women watch my own two kids. My daughter hates her and runs the other way or cries when she see her. My son is the same way and babies are great judge of people. I nearly never let anyone give my kids baths but myself. The only time someone else has given my one of my two baths where when they where born, when I was in the hospital for preterm labor with my son, and when one of them is spending the night and it's a bath night. She is just lazy. Always has been since the moment I meet her.
@jenny1015 (13390)
Oh my! I couldn't imagine how the mother could stand with her child not having a bath for a week! A week! I give my kids a bath 2x a day. I wouldn't let a day pass without them taking a shower. Kids are active and would always be sweaty and dirty. If they are left with this all the time, then it is not impossible that his son will have fungal diseases or other skin ailments.
@ShyBear88 (17216)
Not all kids are active because you do have to remember there are kids with special needs that are not active because they can not be active like other little kids and everyone sweats differently and one person active is totally different then another. I don't give my little ones baths every day. Every other day yes and that is only because they are not dirty and bathing someone two times a day isn't good for there skin it takes out all of there oils that they do need so a little sweat isn't bad a lot yes it could clog a pore a child that is active where they are very sweaty they should have a bath or on a very hot day where you have been outside for a while then as well. Also some people are very senstive skin wise so they can't bath every day either.
@Rainegurl (2158)
My 2-year-old daughter takes a bath every morning and before going to sleep at night. She is really playful and curious, she surely gets dirty and sweaty. Plus, we live in a tropical country and not taking a bath everyday is simply unthinkable. Luckily, she likes taking a bath. I think it is important to make kids like the water. Have a nice day!
@ShyBear88 (17216)
Mine get ones every other day that is just because they don't get sweaty plus it's winter right now so there is no need to have one every other day but in the summer time if my oldest has been outside then yes she'll get one that day.
@lilybug (21148)
My son takes a shower every night before bed because he is 12 and getting to that age where he stinks by the time he gets home from school even if he is covered in deodorant before he leaves in the morning. My daughter is only 5, but she has some bad BO when she is running around and sweating. She ends up taking a bath a few nights a week in the winter time and more often in the summer time.
@ShyBear88 (17216)
I give my daughter and my son a bath every other night they are only 1.5 years old and 8 weeks. My nephew doesn't get that many at all. He might get one once a week and that is it.
@srjac0902 (1170)
In the regions where there is sever winter whether, it may be possible that the children do not take daily bath. Otherwise and even in winter season, the children must have daily bath, they must wash their feet and inner parts of the body daily, they must wash their socks daily. It is always healthy. The clean mind in the clean body
@ShyBear88 (17216)
Well this is the US that we live in so bath daily or almost every day is what is practice but she doesn't do this because well she isn't the best mom in the world and doesn't know how to be a mom either. Being clean is part of being healthy and good practice for adult hood as well.
To be honest i think kids need baths every day and most often before school in the morning. if my daughter had a bath at night she did not leave the house without one in the morning either. I don't know how anyone could go without bathing for any length of time it is not nice. Kids are always running around and touching everything in sight nad they are not worried about washing their hands like they should. My daughter loves water and would not let me take her anywhere without her showering first. sometimes I would just want to run to the store and back but no she had to have her shower. I loved that about her then and now. my mother raised us to believe in good hygiene. that is what I love about my man so much too. he just loves water.
@ShyBear88 (17216)
My daughter loves water too but I can't giver her and my son a bath every night they have sensitiveness skin but it's every other night unless it's been really hot outside. My son is more sensitive then his sister. Both of them just love the water as long as it's warm.