A way to solve Middle east crisis

@vandana7 (66876)
We all know that Palestine struggle has been going on for ages. Neither Israelis, nor Palestinians are happy with what they have achieved or not achieved so far. What more, ripples have been felt across the world in other nations as well. We have spent a large fortune in trying to defend ourselves. We've also lost lives of dear ones. Nobody is really immune to the effects of that war. Some nations have lost lives, while others have bled monetarily. Now, here is my suggestion. We all pool our monies...and buy a couple of islands that would be equal in square footage as the areas lost. We ask the PLO ..take it, we the world offer it as a leaf of peace. You need safe house to return, and so do we. Please do not waste monies on arms and other forms of battle as we need to now focus on getting enough food for everybody, and ensuring that global warming is reduced. Do you think it is a viable solution? Do you think PLO would accept it, and be transformed into peaceful organization?
@Naseem00 (1998)
• Pakistan
Hi Vandy, I remember the Iranian president suggesting a similar solution before almost a year to the Israelites that they should be settled somewhere in Europe. The problem is not that simple and I am afraid either party will not agree to abandon Jerusalem. Jerusalem is the land considered holy by all three, Jews, Christians and Muslims and that is the main reason for the conflict in the Middle East. Jews believe they are the people to whom God has promised this land so it belongs to them while Muslims were living there before the Jews were systematically settled there and obviously they want their sacred land back. So I do not think offering an alternative piece of land will be accepted by either side as a solution. A solution can only be achieved by sincere dialogue which can only be achieved if both sides feel the need for a peaceful solution.
A good analysis, and makes me wish I'd been less flippant in my own response. Lash
@romzee (938)
Two thumbs up !! Obviously you know the topic well... Cheers!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I agree with Naseem here. No one would leave the motherland that easily never to return back
@ElicBxn (60895)
They won't accept it. They say, "its our land that was stolen from us" and in many ways they are right The British didn't "own" the land, just because they were "ruling" it at the time and had no right to give it to anyone...
@urbandekay (18312)
Then who did own it? all the best, urban
@urbandekay (18312)
There was an area of land, including what was formerly Israel and Judea under control of the Ottoman Turks. This was liberated by the British with help form the Arabs. Note that at this time there were no Palestinians, to think it was their land. No part of this is to do with spreading Islam in Europe. The British did not renege on the arrangement, the agreement was to create 2 states and this the Arabs reneged on, insisting greedily that all the land must be theirs The British named the whole region Palestine for historical reasons, some of this land became parts of Jordon and Syria. The Arabs living in that region, many of whom where nomadic and many Arabs expelled from neighbouring states became what are now referred to as Palestinians all the best, urban
@ElicBxn (60895)
I'm not saying who's right and who's wrong, I'm just saying they aren't going to accept any other place... besides, it'd just displace someone else...
@urbandekay (18312)
A most excellent suggestion, I have suggested similar before, except that we purchase land within the neighbouring Arab countries. It is the only logical and the most just and most sustainable solution in my opinion all the best, urban
@urbandekay (18312)
I think you mean those people referred to as Palestinians not PLO. all the best, urban
@vandana7 (66876)
Yes.Palestinians.:) I am afraid, I didnt see your suggestion before..
@urbandekay (18312)
That's ok, I didn't sue the Iranian leader for plagiarism and I won't sue you - this time! all the best, urban
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Are you on about the Gaza Strip? I'm with the Palestinians on this one but as for a peaceful outcome; it's never going to happen, unfortunately. The only way it will stop is for other countries to stop arming them; the same goes for Syria as well. I just wish everyone could get along. Even (some) of the Scots want independence. They will have a chance to vote on it in a few months.
@vandana7 (66876)
I think it is difficult to stop arming...even if it were stopped, people would use ancient swords and such stuff for killing. So if they've decided..they will go that way. However, if Saudi Arabia sat down along with Pakistan, Hamas, PLO spokes persons, and of course Israelis, we could work out a solution. The talks could be held across the media. And we could find a way out..on BBC..with quite a few moderators from other shows..and like talk shows, people with experience in negotiation would sit offering suggestions, such talks could be held for days together till some common grounds could be discovered, and things would move up from there..it would be interesting if we could learn to resolve our differences using media instead of confining media to only offering sensational stuff.
@urbandekay (18312)
If you want a mediator for this, probably Turkey is a better choice than Pakistan all the best, urban
@Janey1966 (24126)
• Carlisle, England
Nice thought but it won't happen unfortunately.
@bhanusb (5709)
Hi vandana, Palestinians are uprooted from their own land. Israelis are rehabilitated in Palestine by America and its allies. The problems of both the nations are created by the West. Palestinians are fighting for their existence. If Palestinians get back their land only then P L O can accept peace and surrender their arms.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
hi vandana you definitely have a point here. as i mentioned on naseem's above, no one would give up their motherland that easily. So the stakes should be higher and the offer such that they might consider... I have always stood for shifting all these warring tribes (read clans or people) to a completely new planet... mars as of now seems to be inhabitable by the end of this 2050. So, let them all be transferred to that new planet, continue their wars and reach a solution if any... at least the rest of us who stay back on the planet earth would lead a safer and happier life :)
@vandana7 (66876)
We were not talking about giving up motherland. We are giving them motherland. A motherland that allows them some peace and safety. Their children to grow up peacefully. Jerusalem could be made universal capital sort of..with UN governing it..no restriction on moving in and out there. Well, no..I dont want anybody shifted..we dont know what diseases and microbes exist elsewhere..and we havent got a technique as yet by which we can instantly find a way around new organisms that can infect us. I am not for killing anybody. Instead, I am for talking sense to them, and giving next generation a hope to survive. And if ever there are aliens who descend on our earth, I am for us fighting them with all our collective forces. It includes fight against any robots, which to me seems a great deal more possible.
First you've got to find your island, and that is an insurmountable problem. Perhaps we could hive off a bit of north-west Australia lol, the climate would be familiar. Lash
@vandana7 (66876)
ha ha Lash. That wont be as difficult I think as getting one of them to move out. lol
@Micmac (9282)
Darling Vana, They would probably have diplomatic dialogue sitting at the negotiating table for decades about migrating to the island and then that could add fuel to the fire because maybe they think they are being kicked out of their homeland and then question why couldn't the Israelis move to an island. . They would be better off consulting the robots, Marsians and aliens who can transport them to another worldly dimension where they can throw rocks at asteroids and float around in spacesuits.
Hello my friend vandana7 Ji, Well, I think such situations are all over including our country , may be in different form. I fail to understand what world body formed in 1952 is doing . They should have moulded the whole world with International brotherhood, they would have bonded all of us like a family. Only if human ego is repalced with trespect for others can be achieved something positive. Tommorow is great festival as reminder to all of us to take such promise and burn all our evils. May God bless You and have a great time
• Maldives
What a funny suggestion...bahabaha If peace comes to the world how do we sell the weapons? A reconditioned cruise missile is worth 4 million dollars. And I have so many left overs and new weapons to be tested, to whom I shall use them on if peace comes to the world. And everyone knows we keep the world at ease by our piece of weapon And just a few nuclear missile on target would keep them in peace...
@anklesmash (1416)
Unfortunately I don't think it will work I can't imagine the PLO would accept that solution. They would see it as them being kicked of their land.Unfortunately I don't think there will be a genuinely workable two state solution for a while. As on both sides there are people who don't want to compromise and want victory rather than peace.Antisemitic Islamic extremists on one side an illegal settlement builders on the other.I wish someone could come up with a solution that everyone can agree to it's so sad people are still fighting and dying over it.
@subhojit10 (7382)
Thanks for posting this discussion. Yes glad to know about such a beautiful suggestion and i hope this works. We really need a full stop and an end to this ongoing war and should always strive for peace and harmony. Rather than spending money on arms and immunition we should spend it wisely and devise a thought so that we can control the war like situation and recover all the people who want to live an independent life like us. What say?