I am upset with adrain..

I am not mad enough to fight with him over this though. but he knew what I wanted before hand. he went to work yesterday and painted a railing he had built and he is left handed so he used his arm he just had an operation on. then today he called me and he was at work making deliveries of chopped wood for the fire places people have. I told him before this shoulder was done I wanted him in bed till it healed. he feels like he is not doing right by being home like a house husband so he calls it. I told him I am not happy about this and I want his arm in that sling. I know it is his shoulder and not mine. But I am the one who have to hear him whine about the pain he is in. I hope I am not being too hard on him..
@Tina30219 (23126)
• Onaway, Michigan
I would be upset with him also. When he comes whining to you that he hurts I sure would not listen to it he did it to himself. Does his work know he had surgery? If so can't they give him something to do that will not make him re hurt the shoulder. You are not being to hard on him over this.
I don't think his boss cares if adrain does not care about his own arm.
@Tina30219 (23126)
• Onaway, Michigan
Wow sounds like they both obviously don't care. They will if it gets re injured because then he will not be able to work.
hi gifts no I don't think you are being too hard on him but you just love him and dislike seeing him hurt a nd hearing him complain. I have been there too.some times our guys just want to be macho and its hard to know how far to go as I know that stressing a limb that has been operated on is not good to do wow d delivering wood with a bad arm oh my he is feeling like a house husband bu t you are right he should be letting it heal too.
That is what he said to me. house husbad lol. he is funny right.
@sid556 (31018)
He is a guy and a lot of guys are stubborn like that. I get it that you want what is best for him but there isn't much you can do. Glad you aren't going to fight with him over this....not worth it.
I am not going to say anything more because I might end up quitting and he will be the only one working.
@sid556 (31018)
oh gosh...don't do that. You would end up regretting it, I'm sure. And then you'd be 100% dependent upon him and I don't think you'd like that much at all.
@jenny1015 (13394)
It is not being hard on him. You love him and all you wish for is for him to feel better. I guess Adrian just doesn't want to feel useless.
Yes,he said he is not lazy and he can't just sit in the house.
I think that Adrian knows you will baby him if he hurts regardless. He is a macho type guy and can't lay at home but you don't have to baby him if his shoulder starts hurting. It won't heal right and he may always have pain there because of it. That is his choice and it is your choice whether you baby him or not.
Men can be that way. It's not just him. My uncle had surgery the other year he wasn't supposed to drive or do much of anything for a period of time. Well he got sick of being home and in under a week's time from having heart surgery he's off trotting around town like he never had surgery. My hubby only whines when he's sick. Any other pain it's a matter of waiting for him to confess he is in pain and then he'll do something about it.
I know how stubborn men can be (I have one just like you). I do not blame you for being upset (I think that you are more worried than upset) because it is important for Adrian to get better. randy has a foot condition called CHARCOT's Foot (the bones in his right foot are collapsing and the last few days his foot has been swollen). Since it is swollen he is supposed to stay off his foot as much as possible and on Saturday he was on his foot at home and cleaned the house. My brother lives with us and helped me with the cleaning so Randy could relax, but no randy ended up helping me out and refused to sit down and relax.
Oh boy he really does need to take it easy. I wouldnt want to see him reinjure the arm or have it not heal the way its supposed to because he isnt giving it the rest he needs to. Sounds likes hes really overdoing it on what he is done. I hope things go ok.
OK. You can't control him, but you can control yourself. The next time he whines about the pain, and yells at you, because he wants someone to take it out on, REFUSE HIM!! Tell him to leave your house, until he gets an attitude adjustment, and that you are not going to suffer, because he won't do what is best for him.