Do you ever just get tired of people asking you for money??

I have one little piece of job and I have to always have someone asking me for money. I am so tired of it and the messed up part is I always say yes. then someone asked me for money to buy something for someone the other day and I told them I have bills to pay. well,they did not have a happy sound in their voice after that. and said don't worry about it I will buy it with what ever money I have left. then of course I felt bad about saying no about the money and told adrain. he said don't worry about it he will buy it himself. so,I call the person and let them know he will be buying it when he gets paid and not even a thank you comes out only the sound uh-hum.. and I just said I will call you later. then I get a text for more money from someone else and I said no. then they asked for a lower amount and i said no again. then I was thinking about how I loaned my brother money and his wife promise friday she would give me back my money. then sunday I see her in the store buying laundry stuff and she pulled out $40 to pay for the stuff. which was all the money she had in her wallet. so,again she used my money for her needs. I am so freaking fed up with me being the one everyone calls on. I am about to quit my job and no one will be able to help me but adrian. I feel like calling my brothers wife and telling her how wrong they are to treat me like crap. but,I am upset and it would come out in a bad way. so,I won't bother.
Could this be a good New Years Resolution. No more puttin' out money. And nine times out of ten you never get payed back. Think of all the money you would have and the times you wouldn't be penniless if you didn't put it out. ANd I say 'put it out' cause it isn't like a loan. They don't expect to pay you back. These people know you are a softie and have a big heart. Well what is their problem? I mean if they were young and just starting out I could see it. ONCE IN A WHILE! And where do you think the money is actually going?
I don't even ask about that because I don't care most of the time. I figure it is not my concern.
Ya, but I bet you know.
@lilybug (21182)
Yes, I get tired of people asking me for money because I have a hard time saying no to people. You would think that by now I would have learned to not loan money to people because I have a hard time getting the money back from people. If everyone who owed me money paid me back I would be totally fine on money.
I am owed a lot more than this but,I forgot about that because I know I am not going to get a dime of it back. and she already deleted me from her friends on facebook and had a great big party at her house while owing me that $350.
@lilybug (21182)
What a jerk! $350 is a lot of money. Heck, my ex boss still owes me $1000 of the $1800 I loaned him a few months ago. I talked to him today since it was payday and I should be getting SOME money from him this week.
@winterose (39931)
no because I don't give my money away like you do. The more you give the more people will ask you should know that by now.
I cannot agree more! These types people are parasites.They will abuse your generosity.
I hate it when people ask me for money and never loan any. The only person I ever helped out was Randy's mom which I did not mind because she was elderly (a very young 78 year old) and she only asked me for money when she really needed something like food or medicine. Her budget was so tight that there were times when she had to choose between buying food or her medications and I hated for her to have make such a decision. It took me a while to catch on that she was skipping on her correct dosage for her medicine and once I did I told Randy about it. The way we solved this issue was that I had set up a budget for her and Randy allowed his mom to live with him. Randy paid all the bills and his mom bought food in the beginning of the month and Randy and I took turns filling in with milk, bread, and juice (she tried buying milk once and froze it). His mom offered to pay me back or if we went out together she always bought me something to thank me for helping her. At the time Randy and I were dating, but I really loved his mom which is why I helped her out. His mom was always there for me too and she was the type of person who knew when to be a mother and when to be a great friend. Other than Randy's mom I never lend money on fear that I would never get it back.
I don't have that luxury because adrains mother passed already. she did like me and I felt great knowing this about her as well.
Fortunatly I don`t have that problem. I only lend money when I can and to people I love so much that I don`t care if they can`t pay me back. That means that I can lend some money only to my daughters and one of my friends. But they all pay back. They do not take advantage of me so I can lend them again and again.
I don't lend my daughter money..I just give ti to her. and that makes me happy. I will start to say no more often because I am tried and have bills to pay..
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Happens alot here in my place. people assume because I own a cafe I have money. i sure dont. I barely make it here. I sure get tired of people asking all the time.
I would think they would understand you also have bills to pay..
Really, Gifts, you are a great person, but i gitta say it is you who allow these things to happen. You are your own worst enemy when it comes to being used and abused. You thrive on saying yes. Because saying no us too uncomfortable. I'm glad you said no to these other two, but the thing us, you gotta quit apologizing for saying no. You know these people are using you, so quit saying yes! If you don't want to say yes, then don't. So what if their true colors are shown when you say no. They aren't used to you saying no cause they know you are a pushover and won't stand up to them. Just say no and stand by it.
I am going to start saying no more than just tonight. I feel like I cna't go out and ask them for money why they keep asking me.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I know how it feels to say no to someone and feel bad. I don't get asked to borrow money often, but when I do I always say yes. Of course I'm lucky in that I've always been paid back one way or the other. They need to learn to respect you though, and in a way you saying no is a good thing, they will learn not to use you, and really should feel bad that they even have. Your sister in law could have bought cheaper detergent and found another way to clean her clothing, she could have atleast given you some of that money she had.
I am going to call her and tell her how upset I am over the money because I was the only person who even came to give her the money.
@franseman (517)
A few times i borrowed people money. The first time it was 5000 PHP, the second time well over 20.000 PHP. Untill now I haven't seen a single peso coming back. I'm very well aware of the fact that people see me as a "rich" foreigner. Frankly I'm not rich at all and those 20.000 i could use very well now! So I had a good talk with myself. Never again will I lend people these amounts of money. Of course, I don't want to disappoint others but right now I am my own victim. Will never happen again. And yes, of course, if a good friend needs a few PHP just to get back home for example, I'll help him/her gladly.
Hi friend, this kind of persons are quite common, they remember about us when they need money form us, if we need money, they will forget about us and never give money to us. I have lot of friends and relatives in this sort and always try my best to keep distance from them
I don't. But my mother does. She gets tired when the relatives of my father ask for her money. :)
@sid556 (31018)
First of all...Do NOT quit your job and be dependent upon Adrian. I think you just said that in anger because obviously that would turn you into one of the people you complain about. What you have to do is to learn to say NO and not care whether or not they get upset. I have a select few that I will lend money to and they are people that always pay me back. Another rule of thumb..I never lend out more than I can afford to lose which in my case is not much. I used to be like you but I learned the hard way that it is better to just say "sorry, I would help if I could but I just don't have it."
everybody can give advice very easily . but what i am saying is self control is the best way to stop this problem
@sid556 (31018)
Yes and bottom line is that is pretty much what I was saying too, Soorajsrs.
@jazel_juan (15767)
yes so maybe it is about time to let them feel like that now, i have family doing that to me too and it was about it time i stopped as well. it puts me in the middle and i am the one suffering.
Hello Jazel! I agree, ypu are the one who will end up suffering if you tolerate other people's grasping attitude. These type of people will abuse your generosity.Come to think of it, what if one day you run short of money, do you think these people will lend you money? I used to give what I have all the way,then I realized that whenever I am down in dumps or in the black no one extends financial support.
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi, The worst thing that can happen to our being generous is to be with ungrateful people. After all the troubles we went through helping them, we are still the bad one if their demands are not met ASAP. My best response to such kind is to stop helping them and leaving them alone, keeping a safe distance from their reach at all cost. Eventually, they will come to their senses, come crawling back and beg for more. It is up to you if you shall tolerate that behaviour for in the end, it is you who shall ultimately suffer for it.
I was to go to her house yesterday,and I decided not to go and I felt bad. she is a lovely person and only makes $80 a week and my brother always take her money so I can understand her not having it but he should know better.
@silverfox09 (4727)
I dont like people asking me for money especially the same people . I also cant stand healthy people on road asking me for money as if I am working all day for them . Some people will never stop asking for money especially when they know you always give when they ask .
@wolfie34 (26881)
It's the old 'guilt trip' trick people use when they don't get their own way or you say no, the way they look at you, or mutter something or sulk! Yes adults sulk when they don't get their own way, so in the end you back down to keep the peace and this they rely on! They play on it. My partner was excellent at this and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife, or they wouldn't talk to me, it was pathetic. I hate being around someone who sulks so eventually I would give in. It is very difficult to say no, but then why should you suffer or lose out or give in?
hi gifts no wait until you are calm then call the wife and ask when are they going to pay you back what they owe you. If she hums and haws just hang up.My dear sharon. have you ever just thought of sa ying no? lile the word N o it means I am not the bank or SantaClaus so no no thank you.Yes I do also and I ha ve r eally mastered say ng n o for no no way at all.
actually yes, I tired of people comming over and asking for money. earlier I used to lend them off some cash. but i've had bad experiences. people dont return money. and when you try to ask them the money that they owe you, they fel bad. and the whole relaton gets spoilt. many times i lend them money thinking they will keep the promise and return it in a couple of days. but in the end I have to suffer when i run short of money for my expenditures. so I have decided not to lend money. and if i will I shall give little that too, to my close friends/people
@alberello (4756)
Well, I do not do on this subject, names and last names, but made it clear that there is who asks me for money. The hardest thing for me to have to learn, is to be able to say a resounding NO, once and forever. Obviously if I can never oppose giving sometimes a negative response to requests for money, they will continue ever with! It is this chain that I should learn to break. Certainly in my case it is not easy! It gives me much annoyance more than anything else, not so much the demand for money, but mainly the fact that I am not able to resist and assert myself to saying once and for all, a resounding NO!
@Tongcv (173)
General to ask for money,I would demand to know the place for this money,this money,how much money number.A clear understanding will consider.