Tongue twisters.. aren't they interesting?

Hey guys, during my childhood days i was so fond of tongue twisters that i used to maintain a diary that had the collection of so many tongue twisters but unfortunately i lost that diary and soon after my love for tongue twisters also came down. Even i used to love watching certain shows where tongue twisters were being used to decide the winners of various competitions and shows. In fact i too got a small prize for successfully venting out a tongue twister in a competition near my house. What are your thoughts regarding this? Do u have any experience like me? Any tongue twisters u would like to share with us? Please leave your valuable thoughts!
@Micmac (9239)
Tongue twisters are funny as can be. I remember when I was in elementary school our favourite popular complicated tongue twister which we kids played as a game to see who can win saying it without goofing and stumbling was this one: 'Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked? What was the tongue twister you got a prize for? '
• Mexico
I remember that one as well. Brings back memories.
@mikyung (2234)
That line is also my favorite since It made me better conversationalist. Thanks
@micmac- Thanks a lot for your response. Oh my goodness, it is such a difficult one, i am not able to recite it for even once. Looks like it must have been a hell of a competition on who is gonna say these complicated tongue twisters during your days. These are funny and most importantly engaging ones and one can play it with lots of fun pleasure and togetherness. Sorry friend, that was a Hindi tongue twister that i do not remember. What say?
@ravisivan (14055)
subhojit Tongue twisters are there in all languages. it is there in tamil and must be there in odisha language also. here i am giving a link for tongue twisters in english: http://www.indianchild.com/tongue_twisters.htm As we read this it is interesting indeed. I use to give this in the classes: "She sells sea shells on the sea shore."
@ravisivan- Thanks a lot sir for your response. Well sir u are absolutely right, there are in fact tongue twisters in all the languages and it is great fun to recite them. It can be used as the best way to confuse someone and also to engage someone in telling the same confusing words and get a lot of pleasure from it just like i used to have at school. Well yes "she sells..." is an iconic one and in fact it is a famous one of all. What say?
@balipromo- Thanks a lot for your response. Well yes u are absolutely right, it is so much of fun involved while reciting the tongue twisters and the fun doubles when u keep on trying to tell the exact tongue twister for nth time unless and until u feel like mastering it. Well yes, the tongue twister "betty bought....." one was also famous at my school and we used to have a lot of confusion while reciting it. Lets thank ravisivan sir for giving us that link too. What say?
@auwielady (116)
Yes! I got some which I had memorized and practiced during my grade school days. 1. Peter Pipper picked a peck of pickled pepper. If Peter Pipper picked a peck of pickled pepper, where's the peck of pickled pepper Peter Pipper picked? 2. She sells seashells at the seashore. I also got some on Filipino, but I guess most of you couldn't understand it. haha! So basically that's it! :)
Thanks a ton for your response. Well glad to know that u too used to play tongue twister games during your school days and i am sure everyone would have also done the same thing during their school days. Well yes the tongue twister "She sells..." was the famous one that i had mastered during my school days but i think the "Peter Pipper...." one is far too difficult for me to remember even. I think Fillipo tongue twisters would have done well. He he he. What say?
The tongue twister drills are so fascinating to do. The main point, it will help you to speak fluently, clear and concise.
Thanks a ton for your response. Well yes i second your thoughts completely, one of my Mylot friend said that these tongue twisters have played quite an important role in making him a good conversationalist and that is such a great thing. I have never though that a tongue twister could help a person in such a way otherwise i had thought it was only used to play games and making fun and entertainment. What say?
@mikyung (2234)
"Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers." - this is one of my favorite lines, because I have slight trouble in the letter P, back when I was a kid. That made me more conscious on things that I utter. Becasue anything that is mispromounce may be misconstued as the opposite meaning. Good luck. Thanks
Thanks a ton for your response. Well yes i have observed that many of the people out here love the tongue twister "Peter Piper...." and great that u are also one of them who enjoyed it to recite. I saw it for the first time and oh my goodness it is very tough not only to spell but also to remember also. What i mostly did was linking and association of words with each other and used to have different pronunciations of different words that used to make it even more easier to spell. What say?
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
They sure are, and they really make us think sometimes as well. Have a great day there.
Thanks a ton for your response. Well yes i second u completely, they are indeed fun and most importantly i like them because they are always very confusing not only to spell but also to hear. Some of them are even hair raising and that makes u confused to the core. But m glad that i used to tell most of the tongue twisters those days when i had a lot of such collections but unfortunately i hardly get time to play such games with others. What say?
@prashu228 (25589)
yes friend, they are interesting, but i am very bad at tongue twisters,, i can never say even ten times. So nice to hear that, you are good at it. This means you have good hold on your tongue. So you even won ,prize for it that's really nice. You mus have felt very sad after loosing your diary of tongue twisters. And eventually lost your interest . This happens, when we loose our lovable things, again we don't tend to go near them.
Thanks a lot for your response. Well yes u are very much correct, i was disappointed that i lost my diary that had the collection of so many tongue twisters in many languages but thankfully nowadays most of them are available on net and i can note it down as well. Yes i love tongue twisters also and whenever i get time i play with my parents, siblings and my friends also and we all have so much of fun poking at each other whenever we are unable to recite them properly. What say?