I almost quit this afternoon and something made me not do it..

Today,I was at work and my boss and one of her customers walked in. she started doing the ladies hair while I sat and watched tv. and then she asked me to go wash the towels down stairs and I said sure. while I was there something said start getting your stuff together and take it home. this way when I leave I just have to carry one small bag with my blow dryer and flat iron. then,as I was getting my books together something said leave them there. and for the life of me I can't figure out why I did not quit today. do you have a clue what happened to me? I saw I was not going to make any money so I left at 2pm. and tomorrwo if the same thing happens I am leaving early again.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Dont quit, times are hard and with xmas coming jobs will e hard to find.
Have you checked to see if anyone else will help you get your license. You need someone who can actually run a business successfully.
@Tina30219 (37378)
• Onaway, Michigan
I say if tomorrow it goes the same pack your stuff up and if you feel the same as you did today then quit.I think the reason you did not quit is you knew you needed the job right now.
@besweet (7223)
• Greece
It seems that things have changed since you started working there. Does your salary depends on the customers that you get each day? If this is the case, then you can see how it goes for a while before you take your decision but you can't be at a job if it doesn't pay you enough any more. However, I think that it might get better in a few weeks, with the holidays approaching women decide to look pretty and take care of themselves!
The situation you are in is a very short-term one. Stay with it for now. Once you have your license, you can go elsewhere and rent a booth. Until then, though, stick with this. It is only a matter of months.
@lelin1123 (15643)
• Puerto Rico
Maybe you didn't quit because you didn't want to leave on bad terms. Knowing down the line you may need a good referral for another job. Or that the holidays are around the corner and you will need money for Christmas. I truly think though its because you didn't want to quit after she was nice enough to give you a job. I'm wondering why the place is not busy enough? Maybe its because of the boss and her attitude.
If your not making money by 2:00 there is not point of being there unless its open till about 6 or 7 and you might get a customer after others are getting of work but if you dont think so then dont stay there because your wasting your time that you could actually be on here making money or being with your crazy daughter or boyfriend and helping them out. Who knows its up to you but dont leave your books there because your boss seems crazy and might do something with them LOL.
This line of work can be hard on a person. If you don't have any clients yet it is sort of fruitless for you to even go to work. Although it sounds like your boss is helping you to some degree so that is good. I think you realized that she is helping you even if it is just alittle and you don't want to burn bridges. Keep bosses in that line happy with you so you can use their places to step up in the business. Sad but true.
sharon do not quit you are just under pressur now but you need htis job til y ou can pass the tests and get your license,.listent to your common sense.Tjongs will get better really Sharon so hang in there for now and study hard and pass the tests and get your license and then you can quit