I feel bad...

Yesterday was my father-in-law's funeral but I wasn't able to go because of my inconsiderate boss. Last Friday, I attended my grandmother's wake because her funeral was on Saturday. I wanted to be with her for the last time. That night, my father-in-law died. My husband sent me a test message telling me about his father's death. When I arrived home after my grandma's burial, we prepared the family house for the wake. I was able to spend my weekend helping my husband's family. When I came back to work on Monday, my boss told me that he would deduct 1 day from my salary. He said that my reason was valid so instead of deducting 3 days, he would only deduct 1 day. He made a new contract that 1 day absent is equal to three days deduction. No one has signed that contract yet but he wants us to comply with it. Since, I badly need money, I didn't get absent yesterday else our budget will really suffer especially on my next payday. How inconsiderate he is? If I'll have a better opportunity, I guess I will leave my job. It's not because I hate it but I hate how the boss manages us. He thinks that we are slaves and he's the master. We are all human beings. We have feelings. He should know that. Just sharing everyone. It's good to be back here in myLot.
@kokomo (1868)
Yes, you are right. If I were in your shoe, there's no more reason for me to stay for my boss was so inconsiderate.He should considers his employee's feeling and situation right now. He is also human and he will also experience what you are experiencing right now. A boss should helps his workers emotionally and financially (not that much)in order for him to express his sympathy and not what he did to you.
You are right. His wife is good to us that's why we've been here for more than four years. Lately, he's showing us his bad side. I guess he doesn't deserve good employees like us. LOL. Thanks for posting.
Sometimes we like a job or not most because of the boss, each of us all want to meet a good boss,however the reality always comes the opposite.
Yes, you're right. I guess it's my destiny to meet him. These past few days, I regret the day I met him. I hope he will be good... even just a little. LOL. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@riyauro (6428)
I can understand what you are going through. Some people think that they are God and one day they will be punished very badly. We are all human and one must not forget that. Just look for another job and as soon as you get one, leave this one. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead.
Oh, thanks for understanding my situation. It's really sad to lose someone dear. Showing sympathy is very important. That's the least thing he could do. I guess he doesn't have any feelings. Maybe, he's from the another planet. LOL. Thanks for posting and happy mylotting.
@meowchie (992)
Are you working on a private company? That doesn't sound to be existing on Government offices. But the way you share it, it's a bit inhumane :/ Well hope he wakes up and realizes more about humanitarian considerations. Condolence by the way.. God bless the bereaved family..
It's not a government office. I'm working with a foreigner. I guess in their country, they also pay respect to their deads. I can't understand why he still needed to deduct some amount if his employees will attend a burial. Yes, may God bless him. Thanks for posting meowchie.
hi angelkarah yes I agree not to let you go to his fu eral is meanness beyond belief. but do not quit til you have a new job then give notice. I do not blame you but this terrible economy plays into the hands of mean bosses as they cabn fire and hire at will.yes you have a most unreasonable boss sad to say.
You're right, Hatley. I hope there are more good bosses out there. I really don't want to leave this job because I've learned to love it. It became a part of my life these past four years. I guess a new job will cause a big adjustment. I hope God will prepare something better for me. Thanks for posting.