Family problems

Unhappiness in family - I really hate it when they don't understand me.
@gary23 (425)
My father and my boyfriend do not like me spending the whole day at MyLot whereas I just love it. Please tell me how do I convince them that its a very good thing to be busy with.
Hi friend, sad to hear about this. Mylot is really a great site, why your father and bf don't know about the importance of this great site. Tell them to create an account here and spend some time with this site, surely they will start to love this great site
@adhyz82 (36289)
do you believe it`s good any family will interact in mylot??
@Canellita (12058)
You are never going to convince them. As long as you are not neglecting any of your responsibilities it should not be a problem that you spend time on myLot. However, your boyfriend will probably want to have quality time with you away from the computer and this is a good thing.
@gary23 (425)
I have sorted out this . Now I don't MyLot when my father is at home. And I do talk to my boyfriend also.
@Canellita (12058)
That is good; I am glad things are now working out better for you.
@adhyz82 (36289)
why we must push somebody else for coming and active here?? we only offer the fun.. so if somebody else didn`t want get fun here, so let it will be ours..
@gary23 (425)
Truly speaking, I hate family disagreements but once I see all these activity in MyLot , I cheer up automatically. I am new here . So may be I am spending more time now.
@adhyz82 (36289)
i see.. wait a minute do you mean all your family is mylot member?
@Raine38 (9117)
Maybe your dad and your boyfriend just miss spending more time with you now that you spend the whole day mylotting? Try to balance it out. I also got addicted to mylot but of course I also try to make sure that I give enough time to other stuff like my chores, spending time with my siblings and my husband. Why not spend time with them then slowly show them mylot? It's like getting your dose of mylot while you spend time with them.
@gary23 (425)
Yeah that's a good idea of course. I like that. Keeping balance is very essential. Otherwise everything goes wrong.
@subhojit10 (7384)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well i can understand your situation very well. i think what u can do is show them how one can make good money out here just by participating in the discussions and by posting valuable and qualitative comments and feedback. U can then tell him how there is no issue of bullying or stalking that is present in social networking sites. U can convince them by saying that how many different topics are being discussed everyday that they must not be aware of. I am sure they will get convinced after this. What say?
@gary23 (425)
Next time subhojit I won't require to see who has posted the response because every response of yours starts with " Thanks a lot for sharing this discussion". I feel it is your signature that you never forget to use before every response. Keep up the good work.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Thats easy- tell them to sign up under you here. And read some posts, after they read and responced. They will like it just like you do.
@gary23 (425)
The thing is that they want me to pursue higher studies and if I do something other than job applications or education matter on the net, they get angry. They feel this is not constructive enough. Anyway, I have decided to engage myself here whenever my father won't be around.
@riempie9 (1026)
• South Africa
Maybe they are just concerned about you and don't want you to spend too much time on the computer. These sites can be very addictive and maybe they are worrying that you are spending a lot of time on the computer and not doing anything else. It is not an unnatural concern. I would also not like to see a family member become addicted. Explain that you are trying to earn a living and that writing takes time especially in the beginning.
@franseman (516)
I think i can understand them very well. When in company people should share thoughts, interests etc. One person behind the pc for a long time means he/she is not there for the others. Reminds me of a happening a few weeks ago. We went out for dining and at the table next to us was a family. Both kids had their earphones in, listening to music and in the meanwhile playing games on their I-phone, I-pad, whatever. Were i their father i'd give them hell! That's not a nice evening out.
@natliegleb (5186)
it is there for everyone and also to make sure we must always be cool and also sort it out easily or else its heading to problems
@Daisy_22 (1230)
Let them realize that what you're doing is better for you than to do what they really want to do. Let them see the advantages and the good contributions of my lotting to yourself At first also, my mom is wondering what I'm doing but when I explain her and let them read some of my friends here, She then commend me because I able to help other person need advices and I can also enhance my writing skills.
YOu have not been here that long for them to be complaining. wait till you have been here for a few months then figure something out. as for now just have fun and ignore them.