danny did not come to work today.

She was called today to come in to work and she never showed up. now this makes over a week since she has been to the shop. mind you here pay check is in her station waiting on her. so,today my boss said that four legged dog thinks I am stupid. I know she is doing hair at home. that is why she is not coming to the shop. I said if she is doing hair at home she should do it sunday and monday. lol. then she just looked and said I am not stupid but let someone come looking for a job. who already has their own customers. she will rent them her station. If danny is doing hair in her house she would be doing what is best for her. this week I only made $27 since e split everything. and she had the nerve to tel me that we are going to have to make hours because I leave too early. I open that shop and leave most nights around 6 and make nothing at all and she thinks I am staying later. she will be looking for someone to rent my station too. I will keep putting out my cards and trying to work from home. I am getting all my hair supplies little by little. the first thing I need is a good flat iron. amazon has it for $59 and I will be getting it. she bragged about taking all that other shops clients and most of them don't come back to the shop. she charges way too much money. screw that..
@STOUTjodee (3348)
You go, girl! I always thought if I were to run a business or start a business I would go cheaper that other people's rates would be that way maybe I would get the business from people who charge for higher rates and make up the difference and still make money. I wouldn't make my prices too low, but low enough that if someone that charges more money, that client would come to me and refer other people that I have a lower rate yet do quality work.
I am going to be the cheapest person around as long as I can make a profit I am fine. she buys hair for $30 a pack and resells it for $100 a pack. that is highway robbery. some people buy it and some people won't.
@Tina30219 (27318)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sounds like she got smart and got out of there. you will be next.She i going to learn when she learns all her workers then she will not have no choice but to close the shop or find someone to help her.
She only has three people and so far two are planning on leaving. What will she do if we all leave her shop and she is left alone. she already said she can't braid hair long because her finger hurt. what the hell about me and my fingers,feet and back..
@Tina30219 (27318)
• Onaway, Michigan
If she is so worried about her fingers what the heck is she doing in this profession. She should be worrying about the people she has working for her also considering 2 of the 3 plan on leaving then she will be really in a mess then it will just be the 2 of you.
I know I am leaving when I get my license because I can make more money making cheaper prices.
It really sounds like she doesn't know how to run her business. If this Danny person is doing people at home she is doing it for a reason. I can certainly understand why. You could start your own business and make good money. I hope you find other arrangements. This one is getting you down.
I already put out my business cards and will try to get some work at my house.
That sounds great!
Maybe danny knows her check isnt that much and doesnt want to bother coming in to get it and having to deal with the boss who will flip out at her if she quits. But if all her things are there she better get there and get them or the boss will keep them and do what she did to the last girl. I cant believe you only made $27 there this week ugh that probably didnt even cover the cost of train fair for the week. I hope you start getting customers at home that would be awesome for you. Charge less then the shops charge and you will get repeat customers. Did you put the price you charge on the business cards that might help as well.
No because there was not enough space for all that. I will be trying to work that in on my next set of cards. thanks for the idea.
You will have your license soon and, then, will be able to go do your own thing. It isn't even so much the prices charged at the shop. They really aren't that horrible. However, when you combine somewhat higher prices with a bad environment, why would customers want to keep going back? Your boss seems to have missed several lessons on creating a great experience for customers.
@911Ricki (13602)
I wouldnt even waste my time and energy for $27.00. I know we have a few salon around here that go through so many people. I simple stopped going to that salon, last time I went to the one the lady kept answering the phone and did my hair in a rush making we wait so I never went back.
@dfollin (12127)
Hi gifts,You only make $27 a week?!!!!!
@bjc66bjc (6745)
She is a terrible human being to call another person what works for her, a 4 legged dog...what an JA...but she should not worry about Danny, if she is making any money its probably more than she would make in the shop...THERE ARE NO CUSTOMERS..yesterday you were asked to be there because the shop was supposed to be booming with customers...there were even 4 appointment made for yesterday...how many showed up....not a one...WTF??? what are the chances that 4 different appointment are cancelled...HHHUUMMM??? She is such a liar...and a SKIT.... She should be worring about her business instead of name calling and worrying about who is not showing up to work with there being no work..Those are her employees not yours. Why the heck does she have you come in there just to sit...Its her shop and she claimed she had such a following of customers, then were the hell are they?. She is something else and you need to really get yourself together and set up shop somewhere else...where you could (at least) say you know that make $100.00 a week regular which is still not much money but its a whole lot better that $27.00 for a entire week of getting up taking the train to a job just to set there...and most of the time she is not there...
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Dear friend, you have a great plan there. Youll make it big someday in that business.
@natliegleb (5187)
he might be taking rest and good to know about that,but money is too much for a day also