To all in harms way from Hurricane Sandy, take care ...our prayers are with you

@stary1 (6622)
I wish everyone safety and calm during this storm. Hopefully it won't be as massive or strong as present predictions indicate.
@ShyBear88 (17420)
I hope everyone is safe as well. I know my family got everything that we need for the store.Water, extra batteries, flash lights, food and stuff.
@stary1 (6622)
ShyBear88 In which state are you and your family living? I noticed you said Lexington..is that Kentucky? Stay safe and all the best to you and yours
@ShyBear88 (17420)
We moved from Lexington Kentucky. We are now in Virginia as of a few weeks ago.
@stary1 (6622)
ShyBear88 My daughter has a time share in Va. Beach...I have never been there but would love to visit..just not right now...you take care
@carmelanirel (20979)
I will be on the very edge of this storm. In other words, maybe a little rain, but strong winds and we might loss power, but I am concerned for friend in NY and Pa, plus I am on pins and needles wondering about my friend in Jamaica. I hope she is okay and able to let us know, or that someone else has talked to her and will update soon...
@stary1 (6622)
carmelanirel I wish you all the best..not knowing about friends is very stressful. I have a close friend in Boston and family in Ohio. Stay safe..which state are you in?
I suspect we already had this conversation when you mentioned family in Ohio. I am in SW Ohio, so I will be on the edge, but like I said, the winds get strong enough, we more than likely loss power.
@stary1 (6622)
carmelanirel oops, sorry about that. I forget who lives where. Take care
So do I. Safety and very little damage.
@stary1 (6622)
celticeagle I think the damage can't be helped and it will be tremendous..but I am with you on safety being a major concern
Probably not but I can hope.
This is a big wish and we are all praying it will be true. It is hard to not think of preparations since the winds coming up from the southern waters are predicted to reach 100 miles per hour. People who work for the hurricane monitoring systems in NY have already been evacuated. They mentioned that 60 million people will be affected by this particular storm. A wind storm colliding with a snow storm, something they say hasn't happened before in the past. This is scary and should not be taken lightly by anyone on the entire east coast. But we are still praying that it will make a turn and go out to sea so no one will lose everything or be hurt. Again that is scary since 75 people have already perished from the beginnings of this storm already.
@stary1 (6622)
CookingIsMyPassion I agree..it is easy to downplay warnings but it is always best to be safe than sorry. The east coast appears as if it is going to have problems for weeks..I just hope lives will stay safe.