Why Does Islam Make Humanity Such a Drag?

@mythociate (15611)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
A big difference between Islam & Christianity is revealed in Qur`an 002.031. Where the Bible has Adam deciding what the animals' names are, the Qur`an says that Allah "taught Adam the names of all things; ..." I haven't rehd much-further in the Qur`an (reading three translations of each verse, taking three times as long to get through ... and am still in chapter 2, only reading while waiting for things to load here), but it's also my understanding that--while Christians depend on G-d as Our Father who 'gives us our Daily Bread' and forgives our sins because He's our Daddy--Islam regards G-d as our Maker who forgives our sins because He feels like it (a feeling we increase the probability of by doing Him obeisance) & who leaves us to find our own Daily Bread. Why does Islam put such a 'glass ceiling' between Humanity & Divinity?
Because there is one. To Muslims there is a huge divide between Allah and man, this is something us Jews agree on.He is loving when He feels like it. It is the Christians that Need and Have a personal relationship with their G-d. Christians' G-d is the all loving forgiving G-d. Allah is not Jesus. My G-d Is not Jesus. And it is ok. Humanity can be a drag Without Any religion.
Oops. I better say it this way. To Muslims and Jews G-d isn't all rainbows and flowers. To Christians He is all kindness All the time. It is that view of art remember. He is the same Being but there are three different views.
@mythociate (15611)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Quran I've rehd so far also has Allah doing a lot of forgiving--they repeat the whole 'Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful' almost every other verse--but I guess the 'doom he decrees for those who have not faith' is kinda easier to remember. The Quran also mentions that Jesus Christ actually never demanded that we worship Him! It was His glory-seeking friends that did this!
Thanks for the best response.Go you are saying it is the Christians that will never accept me , not Christ? Wow! I always thought He Knew I wasn't one of His followers but now you are saying He doesn't deem Christians His followers either?
@lampar (7597)
May be it is due to the interpretation of the imam and mullah that contributed to the discrepancy between both religion order even though some claim they worship the same God. Some of these so call teachers of the verses want to create a mess among humanity on earth to please their divinity in heaven for self interests and personal goal, it is difficult to know their real intention without first put them through brain scan. Just my two cents for you to tinker.
@mythociate (15611)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The part of the Qur`an I'm reading now has some verses about 'if you know the Truth & speak against the Truth, you are an inmate of the Fire,' or something. It seems like Allah (although Arab Christians DO use that name for the Christians' G-d) is more of a 'big bully' than 'Our Father' (although Our Father IS a big bully if you wanna believe the Old Testament ... the difference being that he's a big bully to Non-Christians and a big teddy-bear to Christians). And the big bully hates it when people put the wrong words in his mouth!
@lampar (7597)
May be he is more than just a big bully, he want his followers to terminate every non believers and infidels to end humanity on earth instead of just put a drag on humanity. That is why his followers can go on terror rampage on everyone who is not a believer.
@mythociate (15611)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Then why does G-d G-dself harden their hearts & deafen them?
@humairaku (2039)
i think the best thing we can do is just learning our OWN religion, instead of comparing our belief to another religion. unless you study about it for an education purpose, such as you should take this duscussion for your thesis to get a master degree or something, i think it's just fine. but if your purpose is only want to know why this religion teach A while religion that teach about B, and so on, i think it will be more complicated and you can meet a conflict then. if you really want to study about othet religion, you should meet the expert directly face to face so you can get everything you want to know from the expert. it will avoid you from bias and misunderstanding. religion is a very sensitive matter so talking about it in an open media like this is not too recommended. lol. i know your purpose is not to create conflict but once more discussing about othet religion, moreover the comparation, will be a conflict-able thing..
@mythociate (15611)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I ask this to try to find the 'Buddhism' in it. (the 'cause & effect' of Muhammad perpetuating these views when others might be better).
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
There is no difference at all or not more between Islam and Christianity or all the different christianities (Katholic, reformed, etc). Every religions has it's own bible, changes, to make it easier to understand for the group they love to brainwash. God is everywhere the same. Someone who doesn't care to destroy his own invention (re-read the bible), want sacrifices and you better listen and behave or you go to hell! Living by the rules seems to be hard, since every christian or moslim only loves his own kind. Loving your neighbour is an illusion. Everybody seems to be free to kill around (the Pope doesn't care about guy people either). The bible is written by people, translated in many languages for years (first by hand someone read what was written there). So a great copy will be hard in those days. BTW christianity doesn't exist that long, human beings are there way longer and most of them believed in gods and godesses already. If you want to introduce a new religion you have to come up with something, something that partly fits into the old believe to make it easier. It still works like that, Africa is a good example. If you think the islam is all over the world exactly the same you are wrong. It's the same with christianity (Catholics, etc) it depends on where you live, which culture you have how it will be introduced an practized.
@mythociate (15611)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
But Why? Why doesn't Islam make Divinity into 'something you can do when you grow-up'?
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi... Why are we discussing this? It'll enrage another 10 fanatics to do more awful things to humanity... I'm not Islamist or Christian.. And frankly, I don't care about any religion. They're fake and have caused only damage to humanity... We are all humans... We have got similar bodies and blood. We all need food, air and shelter; our basic needs are the same, no matter what religion we belong to... Religions don't solve problems like poverty, hunger etc... So why not focus our energy on basic human problems, than to indulge in useless religious pursuits? It is going make no difference to our problems... Personally, I believe that we, human beings, are all the same... There's only one God. We're too small to name Him. So I simply call Him- The Lord Almighty!
Islam is a fine religion, and it is not right to say that it is bad. that is racist. THERE ARE SOME BAD PEOPLE TAHTS ALL