That time of the month...

Maybe I should just crawl under a rock! The last couple of days I have been irritable and anxious, then today I realized it was "that time of the month." People have been really irritating and maybe I should just keep my mouth shut until that time of the month is over! Usually, I don't get offended easily or get mad at people, but lately they are getting on my ever loving nerves. No, I don't think I've offended anyone (that I know of ), I just think these thoughts in my head. Be glad when things are back to "normal"!
@WakeUpKitty (8711)
• Netherlands
People have been really irritating and now/suddenly you think/say it's beause it's that time of the month? How come women can never be irritated at all? If so it's always because it's the time of the month, it just has been the time of the month or it will be the time of the month! That is something I do find irritating!
Thank you for joining this discussion even though it is irritating for you! I'm not saying I don't get irritated the rest of the month. But it seems like things really don't set with me and I'm very emotional during this time of the month than the rest of the month, maybe because of the hormones or maybe it's just me?
@jillhill (37354)
I remember those days and I am so glad they are behind me. I don't have days like that anymore and it's nice to be normal all of the time! LOL....good for you though if you can keep it to yourself.
Yeah, I wish things would get back to "normal" for me! I've been doing research and keep thinking that pretty soon it will be, but then I still have them. Thanks for joining in on this discussion!
That also happens to me sometimes. Even how much i control myself from being cranky, there are factors that can make me still be like that. Some people can really be annoying that's why. Like when someone comes to your table and would like to be served right away, when you are still so buried in your work. Isn't that annoying?
Oh,most definitely that is annoying! I remember working in customer service and during that time of the month, it was very trying for me to still be pleasant to the customers! Thanks for joining in on this discussion!
Many women behave crazy during their periods, it is certainly due to the hormonal secretion in their body, my wife is 60 now already had her menopause; but when she had periods she used to get upset at times; i could smell some 'odor' when she had periods
My husband can even sense before I have my period. When he asks if I started my period and I haven't I know I will be having it soon. Thanks for joining in on this discussion!
@GreenMoo (11842)
You can rest assured you are not alone .....
Thanks for the words of encouragement and joining this discussion! Be glad when this is over, probably be my luck I'll be this way all the time!
@blue65packer (11835)
Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that anymore! I had to have a hystercomy 4 years ago! I am so glad I had to have it done! No more mood swings! No more driving other people crazy during that time of the month,either! All that is behind me and I am grateful for that!
Yes, my sister had a hysterectomy also. Now she's dealing with mid life crisis. My older sister went through the change early,so now she doesn't have to worry about that time of the month. I'm in the process of going through the change of life, but my monthly still comes (even if it is every other month.) Thanks for joining in this discussion!
@NailTech (6892)
Oh I have that at other times too and not just at "that time" lately. Lots of things make me irritable but I think they are pretty much understandable in my case. If you lived under the same circumstances as me that is here. Today my mom was getting on my last nerve by acting to bossy and combative as far as disagreeing with everything I said or did. She gets that way with my dad, too. The brother gets off easy, lucky him. She just hates me and my dad I guess. Oh well. That is her problem, if she only likes moronic people like herself. Then yet she will praise other nice people that she isn't related to. People just dumbfound me. I do know what you mean abiout that time of the month, have been irritable moreso then than usual at various times. i hate being b-i-t-c-h-y at all but some people just push you over the edge with their really annoying bad habits. Hang in there, it will pass again. I have tomorrow all to myself here I think unles the DR appt of dad's was cancelled due to Sandy ( hurricane) he still doesn't know but wil call again before he leaves tomorrow to try to find out, he has called them 2 x so far and they still don't know if someone will show up or something I guess to do the test he has to take. Weather conditions might still be bad for some people in the state.
But it just seems like that time of the month it's worse dealing with irritating people and people that are just "stupid". Thanks for joining in this discussion and hope things are all right where you live at (concerning Sandy)
@bunnybon7 (33940)
• Holiday, Florida
i now know thats not the only thing makes a gal that way. since i had my hysterectomy and thought all that crabbiness would go away it dont. still have times when im as crabby as i was that time of the month. so, are you always happy and sweet at other times? i know sorry, thats just my opinion. maybe its me and somethings wrong with me but i never noticed a big difference in that time of month with myself
Most of the time I'm pretty laid back and can take a lot of things before I get angry/irritated, but I find other ways of readjusting my attitude. I usually try to forget about a situation that irritated me, but during that time of the month it keeps irritating me! Thanks for joining in this discussion!
I know lately the past couple of weeks maybe even three weeks my dad was getting on my nerves alot and i was yelling at him even two nights ago i was being mean to him but then again my time of the month was over and i was still mean and then i thought about it and thought that maybe him being not to smart i was being rude to him about it. He says things and im like yeah i know im not stupid i do know but i have to stop that and be nice i know at times its hard but i do try. I think i do it all day long at work with the guys and then its like i have to come home to it and itbugs me so much.
Don't bring your work problems home with you. Remember that your dad isn't going to be there forever, so enjoy time with him and forget the little petty things. Thanks for joining in on this discussion!
@jenny1015 (13394)
I exactly know what you mean. Oh those hormones! It could really get us in some trouble if we couldn't control ourselves. But really, it is hard to be just quiet in a corner during those times. I sure have them , too.
Well, if I were in a corner maybe I wouldn't have to deal with anything and wouldn't find anything to be irritated at! But then I would get irritated because I was just sitting in the corner! Thanks for joining in on this discussion!
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Yes we do some strange things that time of month. I really dont get bad anymore. But I sure did 5-6 years ago. Take care- youll go through it again next month.
Well, last month I didn't have one, so this month I'm making up for it! I think I'm going through the change so my menstral cycle can be off some times. Thanks for joining in this discussion!
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I get asked by family "Are you on your period?" When I get too cranky. I get to be like a "Do not even talk to me!" type way when it's my time of the month. Of course I'm glad I am not in much pain as I used to be, it used to be might as well run the bath tub full of water and sit in it because it was that bad, kind of bad. Eat a piece of candy, or treat yourself another way and steer clear for a little bit. Sometimes I even read a book or watch a movie to just be by myself and my own (yes sometimes mean) thoughts.
Yes, I try to be by myself also! Then there are people cutting across our yard or unexpectant visitors and that just ruins my alone time! Thanks for joining in this discussion!