How does your mom and aunts react to scantily clad women

Calgary, Alberta
My mom and aunts must be sneezing somewhere cos I just suddenly think about them for some reason. The older ladies in family seemed to have a grudge against scantily clad women. maybe because they were older and more conservative and old fashioned. Whenever my mom and aunts see a scantily clad woman on Tv they always talk how this woman is immodest and they will accuse of her nasty things just because she shows lots of skin. I posted this discussion here in the Philippine category because I know western old ladies are already open minded. Why do you think old ladies seemed to hate scantily clad young ladies? To the old Filipino ladies of mylot, why do you think a lot of the old ladies in our country frown againts young women and girls who shows a lot of skin?
I see nothing wrong in scantily clad women. But it has to be done in a place appropriate for it. Most Filpinos specially old women are conservative by nature. Thus, seeing scantily clothed women on the street would really be a shock to them. They feel that it is being immodest, which i can agree with. All i can say is , there is a place proper for being scantily dressed.
• Calgary, Alberta
women have right to be scantily clad on the beach though. The old ladies in y family frown against them as they bathe on the beach in t-shirt and leggings. Then they used the S- word when they saw the Japanese school uniform on a Japanese movie I was watching.
Well, old women are like that. Maybe it's because they regretted having not done them when they were on their younger years.
• Calgary, Alberta
You mean its jelousy? I think the proper places where women can be scantily clad will be the beach, The spa, The fashion runway, inside their house or as long as they were accompanied by someone who can defend the, But being scantily clad in the middle of the night walking alone in the streets is dangerous.
@lady1993 (20026)
Well, since in their time, women were more clothed.. even i cannot go out in public wearing revealing clothes.. I don't really look down on them, i am just concerned.. since there are lots of rapists out there- and that is kind of an invitation.
• Calgary, Alberta
The concern part seemed like a better reason than looking down and acting holy like most conservative old ladies do.
@lady1993 (20026)
I also do not like old people that much, because sometimes they think that they are all that.. that they should be respected all the time and they are right all the time. And they are snobs too..
• Calgary, Alberta
time is changing and they seemed to be stuck on their era. WHo knows when we became old bags we will be as conservative as them.
Not good. My mother was some of a fashion police when she was in school. She would catch the attention of young women with very tight blouses or colored bras. She also stops girls with plunging necklines. I used to joke that she was part of the discipline office of the school. I could say that my aunt feels the same because she's in the same generation. I guess both women are really conservative but they accept change in so,em women's fashions nowadays.
• Calgary, Alberta
did they ever wear miniskirts during their younger years? I mean mini skirts started in the 1940's. The funny thing is that y mo and aunt wore mini skirts on their teens during the 70's. Now they were bitter and conservative.
I'm thankful that my aunts and my mom are not that conservative when it comes to scantily clad women. My mom doesn't react, really. My aunts would say "Ang seseksi naman ng mga yan" and not in a tasteless manner... more in an I-wish-I-was-like-them type XD I guess why people are so conservative dates back to their upbringing and religion. I know some Catholic schools that don't allow students and visitors enter the campus while wearing sleeveless tops or short shorts because somehow, showing a bare shoulder is like showing your chest or something XD
• Calgary, Alberta
I studied in a Catholic school and yes they were really like that, the skirts of the girls are really long. What I dont get is why they have to be vocal againts the scantily clads, they were not doing anything wrong againts them, they were not stealing their husbands, they just dress that way. We live in a very tropical country, so wearing minimal clothing makes more sence that wearing a sweater'
@mrsuniega (789)
hello captalbertwhisker We filipinos are conservative people specially those old people. I guess your mom and aunts don't want to see some clad ladies because every women represents other women. They don't want other women to be like that I think because they see themselves on other women.
• Calgary, Alberta
Its hard to be a minority as I am not conservative at all. are the old ladies in your family the same way?
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hiya captain It is not only in Philippines but here in India too. Many older women dont agree with the new attires for the girls. Well, maybe they are conservative or even egoistic that they could not wear all those kind of stuff during their days and times. However, let me also tell you that not all of them are conservative. My old landlady (she is 85+) - her granddaughter(around 30) who stays in some foreign land, visited her this month and she was wearing shorts and tees all of the time. And there was no arguments over the costumes. Even my parents do not have any objections. I believe that the some older people are still liberal or even if they are not, they dont say anything maybe to avoid arguments.
• Calgary, Alberta
You know what is funny, My mo and aunts were teens durng the 70's and they did wear mini skirts on their teens but now they act like wearing a miniskirt is a sin. their excuse to me, Ther skirts on the pictures are not that short, But I guess they were right, Mini skirt is different from Micro-miniskirt.
@jenny1015 (13389)
Well, I guess Filipinos remain a bit conservative even though how advanced we have become over the years. We are unlike the people from other countries who just take those kind of clothes as "normal" to them.
• Calgary, Alberta
Clothing doesnt make a woman though, There are so many women who dresses sey but they were not promiscuous and there are women who were very modest clothing but they were wilder than the sexy clothed ones. that is something I disagree with my mom and aunts. I find the way too judgmental and "holier than thou"