Did Anyone Else Hear This?

In preparation for superstorm Sandy, I heard one presidential candidate said "pack up get out of there" and asked for prayers, and the other one said "please get to the early voting booths".. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything about this?
@subhojit10 (7384)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well even though i have not heard about this but i consider this as a cheap stunt by the candidates who spoke these words. Packing our bags and getting out of here would simply mean that we are cowards and we do not have guts and courage to fight a calamity. Going to a voting booth is such a cheap line that the one who said this should not be given any votes at all. he he he. What say?
@deebomb (15323)
subhojit10, It's not being cowardly to listen to your government when it give a warning such as this. Have you seen the devastation we had here in 2005 with hurricane Katerina and Hurricane Irene last year. These things are deadly as this one has proven to be. Better to be safe then sorry.
@peavey (16479)
I didn't hear that either of them said to get to the early voting booths in preparation for Sandy, but it kinda makes sense that one of them would be concerned about that.
That's kind of what I thought too!
I don't think that is true because alot of the early voting places were turned into stations for help in the Sandy situation. Could have meant to get to the early voting booths as they were safe havens also. I wouldn't believe all that you hear.
Absolutely! That's why I asked instead of running with it.. like I see other folks, not so much here, do! It wAs tempting however to just run with it, when not sure if the one source I heard was true. I haven't found it any where else.
@Rollo1 (16649)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I heard that not only was Obama in the situation room watching video on the storm, the White House has released some photos of Obama, looking all concerned and being on top of things. I also notice that Obama has not released any photos of him sitting in the situation room watching the streaming video of the attack in Benghazi. There's a question of 4 lives that hasn't been settled yet, and although people have lost their lives in the storm, we know Obama couldn't prevent those. However, we can't say the same about the 4 lives lost in Benghazi.
Absolutely! The whole thing is very highly unacceptable!! And 'our' media by not covering it sufficiently (only when forced) has reinforced my view that they are traitors! Yes, traitors to the nation.
@clrumfelt (5421)
I couldn't find anything about those quotes online, but I can't imagine that one of the candidates would want to put people in harms way in order the get their votes.
I would hope not!
@bestboy19 (5482)
I didn't hear either one of the candidates say anything, but I did hear Michelle Obama suggest early voting.