I see playland is destroyed as well.

I never made it to play land this summer and don't know why. they are so close to me and I see on the news it was destroyed. I can't believe the wind was that strong it tore into peoples houses like that. I am watching the news and what I am looking at in my town of westchester county is just awful. I hope fema comes to the aid of these people soon. I will be praying these people get their lives back in order soon. my job is without lights as well.
@Tina30219 (34214)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sorry that you never we're able to make it to playland and now to hear that it was destroyed it has to be really depressing for you.I hope the people of your area are helped and able to get back to a normal life again soon. Sorry to hear that your job is without power hope they get power back soon.
They will have lights really soon and all will get back to normal. I do hope my friend gets home soon.
@NailTech (6890)
Yes I saw that on the news too. The rollercoasters and all are in the water. I never got to Playland ever in my life. I feel like they will rebuild though. It is taking my cousin over a year to totally rebuild her new home in this state but it is getting there. Her home was right next to a body of water (river) and the water came up almost over the top of her house. They had to tear it all out and rebuild and they lost everything,. She has three teenagers and a cat and her bubby and cat was with her in the top floor during Irene. I do pray your lights go back on at your work.
I am going there to get my stuff friday morning and I am quitting my job.
@Sir_bobby88 (8245)
God bless you, luckily i am not living in a country that have natural disaster attacking us that frequently. If only people would know the importance of early detection of such stuff, damages could have been minimize. I doubt your government did much in this area.
they were all told to get out of the area due to the storm and so many stayed right at home. I feel sorry for the lost lives from this storm. ny finally got hit with something big.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Im sure they will re build better than before. Kids love it there.
I am sure they will build something there. that is the last adventure place for us to enjoy in the summer time.
@inertia4 (27674)
The devastation runs deep around here. The entire city and Jersey, wow. I saw the news and it is hard to believe. Luckily we here in Brooklyn have power and light. But Long Island is almost all without any power as well as parts of Manhattan and also New Jersey.
I watched 12 hours of coverage of the Super Storm Sandy on Monday. All the devistation done to 13 states and 30 billion worth of damage. THey said it would take 4 or more days for power to be completely re-established. I wondered how you would be able to get to work because of the trains and their damage.
@Sindelle (830)
I too have fond memories of the Jersey Shore. The last time they had a storm this bad it took them about twenty years to recover. I was talking to my family about it and they're going to have to do so many repairs that its going to basically never be the same place I knew again. At least most of the people who own property down there only stay during the summer. I pray that the ones who do not and stay the whole year round find a warm place to stay and can bounce back quickly. At least from what I understand not a lot of people were hurt.
The images from the storm damage really are bad. I was glad, though, to hear earlier today that my friend in New Jersey came through the storm unscathed; I'd been wondering, since I hadn't heard anything from her since before the storm had come in.
I am praying for everyone in the area, including you. Are you watching Anderson Cooper's coverage of the storm? I trust his coverage most, because he actually lives in New York. He can understand it all as a reporter and journalist, but he can also relate to their plight, as a resident, and that's important to me, when watching the news.