They aren't aware that you can really work online

For traditional job seekers, it's been an skepticism for them if you really can earn and do a living online. I've been asked for so many times by my friends during my College years on where i work and what is my recent job. I told them that i've been doing freelance online for a couple of months. After i told them about my recent job, i feel awkward on their reactions. the feeling that you need to expound more so that they know what you are talking about. I understand them having those reactions since they know nothing about the power of the internet and the profit you can earn from it. However, by telling them about how the system on the online working field, it's in a way a helpful knowledge for them to learn about it. The good thing though is that i am earning decently and working in the comfort of my home.
@BabyCheetah (1913)
I know what you meant if I tell my friends that I work online and make a little money they just laugh at me and say it's not real work etc. So I stopped bothering. I don't make much but I make a little something. I really need to start concentrating on making more than what I am now though and pick up the pace a little. Maybe I'll try odesk as I haven't tried there yet. Might be another good source of income at least. Thank you for sharing
Hello, yes. you should join odesk it's a great platform on starting some decent cash online because comparing it from other online earnings where you just need to register and do some website tasks, on Odesk it is real work because you need to apply give your CV's to various job posts and be hired on the company you are applying. The good thing about Odesk is the pay is trustworthy because the company pays at Odesk and Odesk gives you the company's pay via paypal.
I have joined and atarted my profile. Not rushing right in though.70% of my profile is complete just did one of the free skills tests and went well in the top 20% which looks good. I'll just need to do the readiness test but I'm still going through a lot of stuff and trying to learn all I can before I really get going I'm in Australia so I have the option of linking my bank account I'm not sure if I want to do that or just pay a bit extra for it to go into Paypal.
Yes, it is a good way that your odesk profile is updated time to time because it will attract more and more clients/company most especially when you take more tests on odesk.
I can understand why people are skeptic about earning online. It does seem too good to be true. And it is, to be completely honest. I mean, some of us work SO hard online and hardly get a pay out of any kind. It takes 5 times as much work to make the same amount of money online as you would off. If you can rack up a great, active referral base, you might be able to live off of the income, but in my opinion, the people that can do that are few and far between. BeST OF luck to you in your online earnings, though. And happy holidays!
Well there are different workloads you can perform online and for some, they don't know some work such as freelancing tasks so, in a way they are skeptic on online jobs because they just know some basic jobs that online sites are rendering. anyway, regardless it seems that they don't have enough knowledge about potential earnings over the internet. Thanks for your response.
@rhoiena (107)
Yes thats true. Some people don't know that there is/are website that we can earn some amount of money. They always criticize it that online job is a scam and very hard to earn. But I already insist that not all website are scam. There is site like mylot that give opportunity to their members to earn money in posting some idea, comments or suggestion that can help our members.
I agree, there maybe some that are scam sites but there are also trusted and legit sites most especially offering workloads to freelancers. I guess they aren't known enough for the traditional workers that's why they raise their brows on such work. Thanks for your response.
@yahnee (1250)
Many are not really aware of the potential for earning in the internet. I used to be among those who never realized that the internet can be a good source of income and that there are earning sites. If only I knew ahead of time, I would have resigned from my job years ago. Now, I am also working online and the earnings are quite good hence it never entered my mind to seek for another employment. Whenever my former office mates ask me where I am presently working, nobody seems to believe that there are actually online opportunities. Perhaps, they think that I am just trying to cover up for my actual situation not knowing that an online job provides the same earnings and more. Perhaps the reason is people are not yet exposed to online jobs since they would rather spend their time in social networking. Others would also prefer to work in jobs where they get to dress up and be with other people. It would take years yet before people will finally catch up with the potential of online jobs.
I agree! sometimes when you tell them the truth they thought that you are pretending you have a decent job since it is online based they don't really believed on the potential of it because they don't have on-hand experience on it. Well regardless of them believing or not the bottom line here is when you explain they will gain knowledge about the world of online pay.
@pahak627 (4198)
Those who do not know about working online would really wonder about your work as they don't know about it. Only a few know.
I know, lucky i know all along how the system goes. It really is hard most especially when you are talking to someone who isn't net savvy at all. Sometimes you feel like you are talking to yourself because a lot of times, they keep on asking things that they aren't familiar about.
It's great to know that you're still proud of your job regardless of other people reactions. Besides, working online is not that bad. Many people were choosing to work online instead of working in the office because they earn well in online jobs. :)
Thanks for your reply. i never am ashamed of my online profession, it's just that people somehow raise their brows about it most especially to those who doesn't have knowledge by it. And the good thing about online job is that you are working from your home you don't need to wear bulky uniforms or so.
@Wendi81 (603)
I have the same story with you but little bit different. When i met my uncle i've been asked by him where i work now and what is my recemt job, i told to him that i've been doing online job since almost a year ago he laughing and he said that he couldn't believe me. But after i told him how the system on the online jobs field, he understood. I thought the online job can worked with relax and we can work it with sitting in front computer on our home although the earn isn't bigger than when we work in the office
I agree,pay is not that well but what's important is that we are earning. and it's still a job the difference though is that we are working through a computer online system unlike traditional offline jobs. However, these days it's very hard to get hired working traditionally so the online job field is worth working while there are tons of applications being denied on the traditional job seeking scheme. Online is worth the option for me at the moment. Thanks for your answer, have a great day!
@subhojit10 (7382)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well glad to know that u are proud of your profession even though u are working as a freelancer online. It is pretty obvious to see such expressions and reactions from the traditional job seekers as they would never have thought that one can earn a decent amount of money from online ways also. U do not pay heed to what others feel about your job, u keep working hard and derive pleasure from it. Could u please tell me for which site r u working on now? What say?
Hello thank you for your reply. Indeed, some may wonder how on earth i am paid for working over the internet, but i don't mind them since they do have less knowledge about online jobs. well anywho, i've been doing freelancing over odesk and other various freelancing sites and also, doing human-search engine works for a QA text service provider however, i can't tell the company because it's in their terms. :) have a great day!
@meowchie (992)
Hey I understand you there. I am working daytime as an office employee. But whenever friends and officemates ask why I stay too much on PC, do I date online? Am I addicted to games? Or watching movies online. They ask me how long I stay on the internet daily and when I told them 4-5 hours daily, WITHOUT gaming! They said, am I not getting bored at all? For some of them stays 1 and maximum is 2 and they are already tired at that. When it was my turn, I asked what they do and said, sound tripping, games and Facebook. When I told them my 4-5 hours daily isn't enough at all with too much to do online. hahaha :) I named them the things I do only- 1 by 1. Just one thing for sure, you will never be shy to tell them if you got paid.. It's a good thing you shared to them,so they can give it a try if they want too :)) If they would only give online earning activities a try, they may end up more active than us =)) cheers!!! Working online is not much as my daytime salary, but it is FAR BETTER than nothing =)