I learned how to make the bags with fabric.

I was shocked that it was so easy to do. I looked at the bags and could not figure out how to sew the bottom. but all I needed was one long piece of fabric and start it from the top left and sew it around the whole bag. I made the bottom part today and will buy matching thread to do my handles tomorrow. I made one with koolaid bags on the sides. I will make that my personal shopping bag. I wish the fabric was a little cheaper. I wanted jean material and they want 6 buck a yard. how can I sell those bags at a good price paying so much to make them. I am going to search and see what people are selling them for. do you know a site I can get some good instructions on other bags. I keep searching and not getting instructions.
@Tina30219 (34227)
• Onaway, Michigan
I am so happy for you making all these goodies now just to start making some money off them.Have you tried joining groups on yahoo and talking to the people about pricing and different patterns. Just an idea.
I am going to open two online stores and ope for some really good money to support my family.
@Tina30219 (34227)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is great I hope that things do good for you and you are able to sell your items to bring in some money for your family.
@ungu89 (2001)
its good u can sewing, and u can earn money if u know the right channel to go through, i myself have selling few my crochet craft through facebook.
I would like to learn that too. but,the needle thing scares me.
@jillhill (37384)
Have you checked out second hand stores? I have found fabric at the Salvation army store and also at Goodwill...that might be an option for cheaper fabrics for more profit. Hope you have good luck with your new product!
@music217 (291)
Wow that is cool! Could you give me the pattern?
One of the best suggestions that I can give you if you want to continue to make bags with fabric is to start looking for remnants. There are many remnants that you can find that are pretty good sized and also very reasonably priced as well. As far as different patterns goes, I think that you should be able to adapt any instructions for homemade purses to be used to make the kool-aid purses that you are making. The way to do that would be to sew the pouches together and use them as your "fabric" for the outside of the purse.
@bretay61 (723)
Congratulations on the bags.Try allcrafts.net and don't forget about Pinterest.I think they have a little of everything on there..Also type in free sewing bag patterns and lots of sites will come up.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Wow you are so gifted and I really wish that I could do crafts. I do hope that you source cheaper material so that the price will be more competative when selling. I wish you all the luck in the world and am sorry that I am not able to answer your questions but I am sure that other mylotters will come up with some good ideas to help you. Blessings
@trisha27 (3505)
That is really good that you are doing sewing and on top of that sewing hand bags. I am right now learning how to crochet and I'm thinking of crocheting dog clothes for small dogs and my dogs. I am also wanting to add sewing to it though, I'd love to learn how to sew and then it would be nice to sell some of the clothes that I make. I think maybe if you try googling sites and maybe joining groups or looking up groups on yahoo. You can find some help that way. That is what I have been doing to learn about crocheting and make dog clothing.
@wolfie34 (26793)
I admire your talent for handiwork, those bags would be ideal gifts to give for Christmas is just around the corner, when they are made by your own hand they are more treasured because they are unique. Once upon a time I would have said selling them on Ebay would be good but I can't see you making much profit on them, with all the fees etc. Keep up the good work, I wish I was handy with my hands, I am not very creative.
@namiya (1599)
wow nice and very productive idea. Just as in any other task you will be able to discover techniques that will enhance your goods as you create more of its kind. Cheers and good luck with your new income generating product.
@leateagee (3667)
I am so glad you can make fabric bags. I don't know a site to help you sell these but I've got an idea. Why don't you sell in supermarkets? Consignment, I think is the word for that. In my place, we have to buy the plastic bags for our groceries so instaed of paying for the plastic bags, we usually carry a cloth bag or buy a stronger bag we can re-use for several times. If your product is easily seen and available people can buy it whenever they need it. Good luck!
@edvc77 (2143)
That is great. I would really like to do that as well. I was making wallets out of fabrics but I was using a good quality of glue during my spare time before. I also made Boxes and covered them with fabric. One thing I have to learn is how to use the sewing machine so I can continue doing this. That is really good and you can sell them to people. I'm happy for you. I know the feeling.:-) God Bless!
@sid556 (31005)
It's not even worth it if you are paying more to make them than you can go into Walmart and buy them for. You need to find a cheap source of fabric. I've always used dresses and skirits that have good fabric and I always get them free or very cheap.
hi gifts have you tried to find cheaper fabric on line as denim used to be rather inexpensive? oh an online store would be so good for you and doing something you are great at,its a natural.I really do not know of any except what you told us.good luck I am sure you may hear from a fellow mylotter who knows some more craft instructions on other bags. mylotters are usually a pretty smart bunch of people too.