How negative and heartless can you get

@911Ricki (13602)
The lady I work with asked me to take her shift, she had to take her dog to the US for a surgery. She called tonight and asked if I could take her shift tomorrow as there was complications. Now after I pay my Dad for my shift, I am making $119 (this including my 2 4 hour shifts), I am working 10 hours today instead of my 4 regular, and then 11 hours tomorrow instead of 4. Take away my regular shift it's $40 extra I normally wouldnt have. Since I am missing a bunch of days this month any money counts, I am thinking about myself and my bills. My parents wont be there to help me if I was dying, so $40 will pay 1 of my bills. I came home and said this, and told my Dad he was taking my shift tomorrow. He isnt working, and would sit at home napping all day so he is making money, and I;m making money. Also, I am away from them, and don;t have to listen to them. My Mother turns and goes who cares, this girl should be fired, and who cares if her dog needs a surgery she shouldnt be missing work. I just walked away from them, I'm not going to argue with their stupid comments anymore. Yet, if it were them and others saying these comments it would be a different story.
It is sad that your mom is so negative about your co-worker taking time off from work because her dog is sick. I think it is great that your dad is making extra money because they need it. I am glad that you are making extra money so you can get into your new place soon. I bet you are happy for the extra money.
@911Ricki (13602)
I really can't understand her negativity, but I avoid her at all costs knowing it will just bring me down, and I don't need that. I can't wait until I;m out, and on my own. I am still debating about buying a trailer, or rent an apartment. But anytime I ask my Dad about buying a trailer he has something negative to say, so I may just rent for awhile.
@silverfox09 (4727)
Maybe your mother was in a bad mood . Well at least you didnt argue with her , that would have made things worse . You did the right thing by just walking away . I hope that girl dog get better , that is a lot of working hours but you are getting paid so oh well .
@911Ricki (13602)
Is she in a bad mood constantly? She is so negative and ignorent that I will avoid her at all cost.
hi Ricki and your parents have pets themselves? that's odd for your mom to talk that way and I feel for the girl too as its horrid when your dog has to have surgery and then complications.Wonder why your mom said that, was she maybe being sympathetic to you in some way? they sure are not your regular parents thats for sure.I know you will be glad of the money so you can pay some of your bills.
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, she has animals herself. She simple is negative and rude like this all the time. She has some comment constantly, I try to avoid talking to her knowing she hates her life, and want to bring others down with her.
So basically your father is an employee at one of your jobs and you are getting him to cover for you so that you are able to cover for the girl at the other job. That is a pretty neat way of making everything work. As far as this girl taking off work to be with her dog, I think that she is doing the same thing that any responsible pet owner would be doing. Our pets, after all, are a part of our family and should be taken care of as such.
@Aja103654 (5658)
For some people, pets are not that important. but they are living things just like us and deserve to cared for. It's kind of strange that your friend would choose the US of all places for a surgery. The dog must have needed a specialized surgery. Then again, it's also a strange reason to not go to work. Your friend might be lying, but I'm not saying she is. Just that there is a possibility. For your parents, indeed they are negative. my parents are also like that especially if i do things that they don't approve of. It's more healthy for them to look on the bright side. I mean, at least you are earning more money. Working 10 hours(supposedly 8 hours, but we have endorsements. We don't have overtime pay for this either. The pay is set minimum)? I don't know about you, but I work 10 hours a day, 5-6 times a week back as a nurse in a hospital. It's not like you'll be working 10 hours all the time. Your friend will be back soon. And you'll be working 4 hours again!
@NailTech (6890)
I dunno Ricki, we must be giving off some kind of really wierd vibes or something for our folks to react to us this way. I have been treated in silly stupid ways and such like what your mom has said too. I know she wouldn't have said that about the dog though that way, but my dad's mother had once said about her neighbor that if she hadn't had their dog they adopted they would have had more money for themselves. Now that neighbor wasn't hurting for money as far as I knew of so why she made the comment I don't know. Its the neighbor's business anyways and not my grandmothers at the time. My grandmother was never an animal lover though, I think she was even jealous of our cats as a matter of fact. She ended up having Dementia near the end of her years so I'm guessing the comment could have even been the start of her illness. So watch for that in your mom, I have been in my own mother with some of what she says and I am almost 90 % sure she has some form of either alzheimer's or dementia but won't get diagnosed til it gets really bad. Besides the fact my dad and brother would never acknowledge or believe it, they are in denial about alot of things. I really wish your parents would wise up and stop being so ignorant towards you, then they wonder why you act towards them the way you do? Really crazy. I don't blame you for walking away from them, you have so much more sense than they do. I wouldn't argue either, they sound like they don't even know what they're saying ,especially your mom in this case. So did your dad go and take your shift or just stay home and nap?
Sorry that this happened and your parents are feeling this way. Thing is many of the population is turning to the selfishness like this. I see it more and more everyday. Is sad to see. I treat others as the way I would want to be treated in the same situations by others or strangers. In this world though, there isn't many of us around anymore.
@sjvenden27 (1850)
Some people do not understand how much a pet means to people.. Some are considered additions to the family.. There are so many positive benefits to having a pet.. It sounds like your parents just do not understand the love an owner can have for their animals.. Also dogs are living a lot longer then they use to; some have had their animals for many years; have memories that they cherish, and want to do what ever they can to keep them alive.. Well some people have the attitude; do as I say not as I do... Those people just make me so angry!!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
The only thing I can think of is one day that could one of her animals and no one taking her shift, or no one caring. She's so negative it's horrible. I have a grandmother the same way, I just try to get away from her when she turns that way. Ignoring it if I can't get away.
She seems to be a bit negative. Is it possible that she sort of resents this woman because she's paying what I'm assuming is a lot of money, for her dog to have a surgery and maybe your mom just wishes that her and your dad had more money to take care of things. If your mom has pets of her own it just seems a bit harsh to not be understanding of this woman's situation with her pet. At my house, our dogs are basically like children and we try to give them quality care and make sure they're happy and healthy. If they needed some surgery to make them better without making their life worse, then my parents would gladly do it. Who cares if you're missing work when you're trying to save a part of your family. However, some people see their animals as simply animals and nothing more. Or there are the people who are hypocritical and criticize those who go the extra mile for their pet when in reality, they'd be doing the same thing for an animal they truly care about.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Oh man, people just dont think do they? Cant he also use the money? (dad). They both should be happy you are doing so well for yourself.
@lilybug (21148)
She should be glad that this girl cares so much about her dog or your dad wouldn't be making any money tomorrow. I am glad you are able to get some extra hours in at work to help make up for some of the time you will be missing later in the month.