She will sell me 120 koolaid pouches

a lady just contacted me and said,she will sell me 120 koolaid pouches for 14.00 I will be able to make small bags and list them for good prices. I am sad that I have to pay for all this so I have to make the price a bit higher. I did put that in my info on my about me page. I am also able to leave feedback on the site and buyers will know I bought them there. I am going to get good with fabric bags and give up these. it will cost me too much to make them. but for right now I will make them to fill my store. I want to make three shopping bags as well. one for me to carry and pass out my business cards. you know how people always ask about something new to them. By christmas I want to send a few to sandy victims too. I am going to call some where to find out where I could donate too.
@lilybug (21148)
I suppose it is a little bit cheaper than buying the juice pouches yourself except you don't get to actually drink the juice. If my kids drank them I would save them and mail them to you. Have you thought about putting up a flyer in your building asking people to save them for you?
I got some from a lady who had a party in the building. the sign is still up there as well.
@911Ricki (13602)
Sadly, in todays world nothing is free anymore. Many are going through a bhard time, and any little penny can buy them groceries. I know that $14.00 could buy me groceries for a few days even a week.
I can't keep drinking all this juice and I also don't want to buy these pouches all the time. so,I might give up these purses as I learn to sew fabric.
@coffeebreak (17820)
How many bags will these pouches make? Fabric for cotton or cotton/poly is regularly around $5 a yard for the cheapest. how many bags will one yard make? $14..add a buck and you can get 3yards..how many bags will that make? Like 911Ricki said...nothing is free anymore and everyone ist rying to make a buck. Have you tried Freecycle or craigs list?
@911Ricki (13602)
Aks friends, and family you tend to get more with them. I know the lady I work with drinks them, and I could ask her to save them but I don;t know how much it would to ship them. My sisters boyfriends cousin drinks them, I could ask them to save them. But I dont know how much they drink of them though.
Funny how some people want money and others will give them to you free. I guess this person needs money too. Sandy victims need everything. I am sure they will be grateful for what you send. Nice of you to think of giving them some.
I will not be buying them after I get the fabric bags well made.
SOunds like you will have afew to make.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Another "just occurred" gifts...have you checked thrift stores for fabric? I have a large on near me and I go every Wednesday (25% off day!) and they often have fabric..sometimes a few yards, other times just 1/2 yard. But I quilt so I can use any length..as long as it is 100% cotton. But I stock up and practically every week I come away with $5 and couple yards or so.....if you can use cotton/poly...you can also pick up sheets and blankets.. I watch the blankets..thin ones I can use for batting in the quilts. Sometimes if the sheets are pretty new, I can use them for the backing..have to watch as they can't be really soft/used or they won't hold shape for a quilt..but maybe for a tote... Just a thought...
@Tina30219 (33592)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad to hear that you found some more but sorry to hear that she wants you to pay for them.I hope you find some place that can give you the answer on where you can donate some to Sandy victims.
I will look in a few weeks after I make more shopping bags. that is what I want to make and send.
@Tina30219 (33592)
• Onaway, Michigan
Cool and I am sure they will really appreciate it a lot.
@coffeebreak (17820)
Just thought about this..Gifts.... how about asking at the local school for kids to bring them in to you? You might ask the principal if this is possible or maybe just talk to parents and see what they are willing to do.
I am sorry that she is selling you the pouches instead of giving them to you. I wish I bought the koolaid pouches or else I would give them to you. As for fabric have you checked out the second hand stores they might have some. I am looking for cheap yarn so I can finish my grandmother's wooden plaque for Christmas that reads, "Grandma's are antique little girls". I bought the plaque and the wooden angel, but I need to give the angel hair. Check out amazon and see if they have any fabric. I have bought some and they are reasonably priced.
I found some fabric that was nice and the price was just fine.
Jeepers its to bad that you cant just get a whole bunch for free. Having to pay $14 for them makes the profit so much less. I hope they sell well though so you can get earning some money. Are you still doing the braiding at the beauty shop?
There is no light in the shop. I will not be going back only to pick up my stuff.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
I know these will help you, how much would it cost for you to buy the kool aids yourself?
$2.50 a box of ten
@Anne18 (11036)
Hope that this deal comes off and the lady can sell for you. Wish I had someone ot sell goods for me. Keep up the good work