enoki mushroom

@ungu89 (2001)
Malaysia
last week my mom n me went to buy some groceries, then we found this mushroom.. called enoki mushroom. my mom ask me, want can we do with it.. i just said..dont know,never see this kind of mushroom.. later, this morning,my mom asked again after we saw it during buying this morning... haha...i just laugh and told my mom,that u already asked me last few week. i still dont know..ermm.. do anyone here know enoki mushroom? any recipe?
I've never had that type of mushroom. However, based on the fact that it is typically used in soups, that is likely what I would do with it--maybe a nice chicken, mushroom and rice soup or a vegetable, noodle mushroom soup (using either vegetable or chicken stock).
@ungu89 (2001)
thank for your sharing,hope u also try to cook it too
If I come across them here, I might try them. My boyfriend is a big fan of mushrooms, so he'd likely go for them. However, I'm not certain about how widely available they are around here. I've never noticed them in the stores here; that may require a trip to a specialty store.
@ungu89 (2001)
maybe in a bigger store they have this mushroom i think. u can try to look for it
@AKRao24 (5622)
Dear Ungu first of all warm welcome to Mylot! Having seen your discussion I too got curious about the enoki Mushroom, so I have tried to find the details about this mushroom. From the net I got the following information- This is a mushroom commonly grown in Japan on Enoki trees. It is having good amount of anti oxidants and it is having anticancer properties too. Though this mushroom is having some toxins acting against heart they are harmful when absorbed through oral cavity. The farm grown enoki is white in color and is grown in carbon di oxide rich environment and in absence of sun. But the natural grown mushrooms or rather I must say in wild this mushroom acquires brown color and it is having a different taste than the farm grown one. Apart from Japan this mushroom is grown in other south east countries and is sold in grocery stores. This mushroom is used in preparing soups and it is also cooked with other meat products. In Japan this is typically cooked with some sea weeds. There are plenty recipes available on the net and you can choose one of them depending upon your taste and availability of the ingredients with you! Thanks!
@ungu89 (2001)
thank for the info. its look like this mushroom has a lot of advantages especially towards health. hope u also try to cook this mushroom too..
@AKRao24 (5622)
Oh sure, I think I can manage to get this mushroom as we have lot of mulberry trees on our farm and this mushroom is also grows on these trees. I know some people working on the farm harvest some Mushroom every year. I think this can be the Enoki Mushroom. I will check it and if it is the same thing then I will definitely try to have it! Thanks a lot for responding back! Have a nice time!
@ungu89 (2001)
thank great, if that is enoki u have. u just can get them for free. i think enoki is easy to find because when i see the price, its not so expensive
@caopaopao (1044)
Hi, friend, It's a kind of mushroom, you can cook it like other mushrooms. You can fry it with meat, or you can put it in porriage. Hope you like it. Have a nice day!
@ungu89 (2001)
thank for your recipe, i will try it later :)