What do I do if they refuse to fix my coat..

Adrian put my coat in the cleaners to get it cleaned. it was returned to me without a zipper pull on it. I went and bought a zipper to fix it but the snaps on the coat wold need to be removed. and I don't know how to sew that well. so,we are going back there to let them know they broke my coat. I can feel that they are not going to want to fix my coat. and I might end up going off in that place. The coat has a zipper all the way to the bottom of the coat past my knees. I can't find a zipper that long in the store. I am so pissed right now. I bought this coat because it is don filled and very warm.
@sedel1027 (17854)
As the poster above stated, you need to red your receipt. Most places are pretty good with fixing dry cleaning related errors - like pressing problems - even after you pay and leave the shop. Many places will not fix anything damaged once you leave the shop. You mention that the jacket has snaps. Will the snaps hold the jacket closed without the zipper being zipped up? If so, it is still usable.
The snaps don't keep the wind from going through the coat like the zipper does.
Can't you just find another zipper pull and attach it? I'm confused as to why you have to put a whole new zipper on the coat. I doubt that they'll fix your coat, but you never know, they might. Good luck.
My sister in law said the zipper can't be fixed it has to be redone.
Oh, so the whole zipper is messed up. I thought it was just the zipper pull. The only other thing I can think of since you can't find a zipper that long, is velcro. It will at least keep the wind out with the snaps. Lets hope for the best and that they'll replace it for you. I mean, how many times do people check to see if there is any damage right at the store. They don't see it until they get home. I don't see how they can't be liable for it one way or the other.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Check your receipt dear- sometimes buy paying you release them from all responsibility. Id read that first.
I tossed out the receipt thinking i would not need it.
• Mexico
Lets hope you didnt. good luck with it.
hi gifts they broke it while cleaning and they must fix it back to the way it was. tell them that as they must know the law.You need your warm winter coat and they are bound to fix it. there must be some sort of board that governs b businesses and makes them do right for their customers.maybe the better business bureau?
I truly hope so because I love this coat so much.
@ravisivan (14053)
I am sorry there is problem with your coat. Are there buttons in the coat so that you can use them instead of zipper.
The buttons don't keep the wind out of the coat.
I wish you were here. I know a seamstress who would just replace the pull for you, for a couple of dollars. I have had her do stuff like that before.
Hi GG, that's what I thought but G&B said her sister-in-law said it can't be repaired and she needs a new zipper. Bummer.
@alberello (4755)
Well, I understand you, you have bought the coat in the first place to keep you warm, and then I think you're very attached to your personal clothing. But I'd have to make you an offer, please hear what I have to say. Will you send me your coat in Italy, we agree on a price and I'll pay you (obviously no more than 50 €, equivalent to $ 64). I want to have a lot of stuff of friends, even if they live overseas. If you answer YES I, only then, I will send you PM my address where to send it. Respectfully, your Italian friend Alessandro.
@911Ricki (13602)
Mst likely they wont, but since it was in their hands and damaged so much. Unless they have a sign stating they wont fix it or something like damaged items not are responsibility. I have never used a cleaner, nor will I know. I find it costs way too much, my sister took her years ago, and the coat ended up in the garbage because it had a big bleach spot on it, and they told her tuff.
Oh man I think once you pay and leave the cleaners it is out of their hands and they will not fix their mistake. I really hope they will take responsibility for it but I really doubt it. I would be really made if I was in your shoes. I would no longer use that cleaners.