Life Is Not Meant To Be A Free Ride

I see people who work hard for their money. I see people who are happy with their work. I also see people who are not bery happy with their life. I spoke to a friend who, last I spoke to him, was at risk to become homeless because his soon to be ex-wife chose to buy herself a nice new cell phone, then leave for the weekend. While she was gone, her parents show up, mad that she left her husband alone. I know there are a lot of people who feel they deserve a free ride, free money for doing absolutley nothing! Life is not meant to ever be easy. No one is better than anyone else. Everyday, people make choices in their life, both good and bad. Choices made, not only affect you at times, but those around you, as well. There are things I say and do that at times, I do regret. Things and situations I wish I could change but can't. My only regret was ever knowing the man who kicked me out over something he got anyway. I also lost my cat and her kittens. I am in a better place right now. All while I was homeless, I knew what I wanted. I know that nothing good ever comes from believing in your heart that everyone is entitled to recieve everything they want and desire without hard work and the reward and satisfaction of feeling happy for every cent you earn that you work hard for every day that you work hard.
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
I find it a bit hard to understand what your statement is. Yes there are people who work hard for their money, but their are also people who are born with a lot of money. Some of them work hard, some do not work at all. Begin happy with your work has nothing to do with the fact you work hard or not. Begin happy with your life also doesn't start with working hard for your money. I also do not understand why someone can be homeless if the partner buys an new cellphone. And why shouldn't she? Are only men allowed to buy new stuff? (which is mostly the case) Do only men have rights (which is mostly the case). The people you talk about choose for eachother, it's also there choice if they stay together or not. Nobody will say that life is always easy but it's also NOT true that it can not be easy or to a group it is easy. Life is different for each of us, you can make it yourself very hard as well. Especially if you fight for everything, even the things not worth fighting for. As you said already: you are in a better place now. So why regret meeting that man who kicked you out? Might be that if he did not you were in a way worser place now. I do agree with you that it's good to plan your own life, to set goals, go for it, work for that. Invest in yourself since if you don't do it, nobody will. And for sure is you are worth it (plus you are only responsible for yourself).
It was her turn to pay their rent. She got something that is more of a want than a need. You can be homeless for not paying rent.
If it was her time to pay the rent and she made the call to buy a cell phne. she will just have to replace that money towards the rent. that is something she knows needs to be done. but,in no way could she be evicted for that little amoutn of money. you have to be late with hundreds of dollars to be evicted from your home. and now with the economy in shambles no judge will kick her out for a small sum of money. and that phone could be used to gain her more money so she was thinking of more than herself when she bought it.
gifts maybe judges are meaner here but I amd my son were kicked out over one months back rent and even though my son asked to be given time t o find a job we got no mercy at all, just oh your mo m is old so stick her in a retirement center like a piece of furniture out of place.bah.we old are also human beings.
everyone who is waking around with a good head on their shoulder knows there is something more to this story. I know in my heart of all heart no woman could go homeless because she bought a cell phone and left for the weekend. She might have left for good reason. something needs to be done somewhere because some stories don't sound right.
@MandaLee (3726)
That is so wrong! Life was never meant to be a free ride. I was taught to work hard and save money to buy the things I need and want. Everything costs money. Nothing in this world is free.
@jenny1015 (13389)
Life is full of trials and struggles. No one is exempted from it. We should do our share of responsibilities and obligations. When we work hard for something, we reap good things in return.
hi desertrose I do not really think very m any people believe they entitled to a free rode. thats looking at the bleak side of life. However circumstances beyond our control turn our lives upside down and all the talk about working hard and so on are damned hard to take when my son lost his job and I had just retired forced to at80. so I was getting a free ride because I was on social security and not earning any longer? BS or b.u.l.l. sh.i.t. I worked hard all my life life and still we had to use up every penny of savings and still were behind on the rent.the economy had dropped into the toilet all the jobs were gone and quickly the manager handed us an eviction notice. so we too were homeless and no I had no idea what to do nobody hires a crippled elderly woman.they all think we are rick on social security ha ha ha.so I ended up here in Gold crest retirement center do I want to be here no do I like being here well like does not matter as being on the street for a crippled 83 year old woman was not good so yes I endure it as its a home of sorts but like it not if I could again live in an apartment with money to afford it.my life has never been a free ride but I get so sick of all this stuff as so many things happen that are not in our control and we need help and when we get it there's someone saying oh you are getting a free ride. bS I paid into social security all my life so no tis not a free anything.
typo rick should be rich
@mikyung (2234)
Generally, our parents work hard just to raised us, and I consider that as a free ride for their kids. And as they grow older, they took their part, as parents and do the same, work hard to make a living. A cycle it is. You are right there for we need to work so as to have food to eat, to pay our rentals and bills. We may be that lucky to receive some things without charge but that is by chance. Though some good things are free. We need still to work, earn,save, and spend. Life's really like this and we really need to deal with it. Thanks
Yes, it's true. Everything you have to work hard for it. You can consider sometimes to be lucky but it is just a bonus. What truly matters is hardwork and commitment, all of the others are incentives. Of course, happiness and satisfaction is important.
@leeandrew (1226)
I saw a lot of people too who has different views in life. I knew someone who is a very strong woman in terms of will, she worked hard to get to top in school from grades school till she get a degree in college. When she was in college though, she found romance get married and now she has four children but she lives miserable and works as a helper in two different house just send her youngs to school. I feel bad for her for she conforms to that evil thoughts that is telling here she's nothing and no matter what would I tell her she would always go back to her beliefs about herself. So I just assume that what happens to someones life is the person choice, though others has big part of it but in the end it is still your choice.
I think that,as a people ,we have many responsibility,not for ourselves,for our relatives,so we have to work hard to get a better life. my english is poor,i don't know whether you understand what i said