Christmas wishlist

Only few days to go before Christmas. In our work, we are having Christmas party and exchange gifts. For the past 4 years, we are having our wishlist wherein we are going to state what we want to receive. However, we realized that thing does not make any surprise on the gift you will receive. what will only surprise you is who among your colleagues will give it to you. Also, it seems that you are just having someone to buy the things you like for you. This year, we are planning not to have a wishlist anymore to give challenge on everyone. We just want to put more surprise. We will inform our colleagues that they should observe who's the one they will be buying gift and try to think for themselves what to give. What are your thoughts about this one mylotters? Do you also have exchange gifts during Christmas party? Do you practice having wishlists too? Good day!
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi, No wish list here. I expect the unexpected and that make it more exciting. Come what may, whether I get it or not, I shall be happy just the same.
@riyauro (6428)
Same here my end. it is not wishlist but just exchange of presents.
Here too. it was exchange of presents but we are going to state what will be the gift we want to receive so that the person who picked your name will know what you want.
@gloryacam (5546)
We do have wishlists here, too. And, I actually find it funny, because what's the fun in knowing what you'll receive? Some time, I said, why don't we just not go through with it and buy the thing for ourselves? But, it went unheeded. For them, it was important that they would like what they would receive. Whatever. So last year, for my wishlist, I thought of what I needed to buy and wrote that in. So I got plant pots. Though, sometimes, I thank that system because it's not hard to look for a gift, especially for co-workers whom you don't really get their style or preferences.
Sometimes buying those things for ourselves seems to make you think twice if you are going to buy it or not unlike if there are someone to buy it, it is really fun to put it on the list. The surprise of getting the gift is not there anymore but who will give you those is the real fun. Furthermore, this will reduce your being upset for receiving gifts you don't want.
I want some funny staff to decorate my new house, lol...
@riyauro (6428)
I am not working in any office at the moment but I want to say that i have seen all this when i was working. It is really a bad idea to have a wishlist way. I would say that it must be a surprise. we used to take the gifts and there we just pick names of the person from a bowl of names. i think it is better idea than just choosing the person yourself. What if 2-3 people want to gift one same person..haha. not fair on others.. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day ahead.
What we did in our office is we are picking the names from a bowl which will be kept secret until the exchanges of presents. However, the gift, general (let say I want pillows, dress, slippers) each of us wants to receive will be posted so that we will know what will be the gift we are going to buy. The surprise will be who picked you. Although we knew what will be the gift we will receive, there is still surprise on what it looks like.
@cutepenguin (6457)
We don't exchange gifts at company Christmas parties. I usually send a plate of cookies or squares to my husband's office for him to leave in the lunchroom, and that's about it. There is a nice dinner for everyone, too.
I see. Here at our work, the Christmas party for the whole company does not have any exchange gift. There is only dinner and short program. We also held our own Christmas party in our department which we had lunch and the exchange gift.
@Sindelle (830)
Wow, its not even Thanksgiving yet and you're having a Christmas party at work. At my job we typically have a Christmas party which I try to avoid at all costs. I'm sure they're fun for some people but they're not my thing. We also do a gift exchange. We do some thing where you can either open a gift or trade with someone. We do not do wish lists though. Last year half the people who brought in gifts all brought Starbucks gift cards for some reason. I brought a pink Snoogie which oddly enough people were fighting over. One year some idiot brought in a piece of paper shaped like a middle finger that said "here is a damn pencil now stop stealing mine" and a pencil was in the box. Needless to say he got in trouble for that one.
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in our country. We do gift exchange here by picking up the names in a bowl and will be kept secret until the day we set for our Christmas Party. However, since there are only few of us, we used to guess who got our names as well as theirs. hehehe We made this wishlist thing so that each of us will not get disappointed and will get the gift we want.
That's what I miss about working in company-exchange gifts during Christmas season.When I was still working,I enjoyed the traditional monita-monito.I guess,how you do exchange gifts at your workplace is interesting.I bet the person who is least friendliest in your company eill also get the leadt Christmas presents.lols
All of us will receive gifts because we are picking the names of our monito and monita in a bowl, I know you are aware of this thing. We are stating the general category of the gifts we want to receive some does it specific so it will not be disappointing in some of our colleagues. We done this for four years already. I already suggested that we are goign to abolish the wishlist but some of them said that, do we like to receive gift we don't wnat? Which gives me a second thought. They are right. As of this moment, I already have something in my mind what to put on the list. In addition, some of us will also have small token for everyone, like coin purse, hanky, keychain etc. This year, since we are making crochet stuffs, me and my wife (works in the same department) think to make crochet coin purse to give to each of them.
@ARIES1973 (9541)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Hi asdomencil! We are also having a party but we never made this Christmas wishlist because the party and all the giveaway and prizes are being shouldered by the cooperative which we are members. But personally, I am receiving wishlist from friends and family, ha ha. Well, it's just fine with me. I will give whatever I can afford. Just wishing to received more blessings for me to share also. Have a nice day!
We also have our Christmas party in our company where we have some raffles. Aside from our company party, we also held party in our department where we have our exchange gifts and simple lunch at our own expense. This has been a traditional celebration in our department for 9 years now where we are the one started. In my case, we did not receive any wishlist from our friends we just give gifts to our "inaanak" during Christmas instead of money.
as a chinese,never had christmas day,best wish for you
Oh, Really? I never thought of it. I am working in a Chinese owned company. they also participated in Christmas ocassions like Christmas parties. I never thought that. Thanks for sharing.
I think the way you ae doing it this year is the best way. i would not want to know what I was getting for christmas from anyone.
I think we will resume to the same with a wishlist because some of my colleagues told us that it is better so that you will appreciate more the gift you will receive because it is the one you want. They got a point because sometimes it is disappointing to receive a gift you don't want.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Yes I do, my dad and brother ask my son and I for our wishlists every year. We have for like 10 plus years now. Your posts gives me the idea to get started on mine here. Have a great day there. See you here soon.
Now, with our son, also told mo my parents on we want for him. Like now, he likes to play piano in the tablet application that;s why we told them that we want to buy them a small keyboard as his wishlist this Christmas. Furthermore before his christening, we asked his god parent on what he wants and good thing they gave it to him.