Change: The one sure thing in life.

@Pose123 (21671)
It has been said that the only sure thing in life is change and those of us in our senior years can certainly vouch for that fact. Change comes to everyone if we live long enough. I am 73 years old and I can honestly say that almost all of the people in my life today were not there 50 years ago, and a great many were not there even 20 years ago. Many of us too change the way we look at life and death. We realize too that things are not just black and white, but that that most of the questions about life falls into a grey area. We once thought that people could be classified as good and bad, most of us eventually learn that people are just different. Fifty years ago both of my parents and all 8 of my brothers and sisters were living, I hadn't even met my first wife and church and religion were a big part of my life. Today, both of my parents and 6 of my siblings have passed on. I have three grown children and 2 grandchildren. My first wife has also passed away and I have remarried. My second wife had a family from a previous marriage and her children and grandchildren are now a big part of my life. Although I think of myself as spiritual, I no longer accept many of the teachings of the church and religion but realize that it is all a great mystery, which none of us are likely to figure out here. I have a feeling too that all things are exactly as they should be and that all things happen for a reason. I no longer fear death because I think of it as a simple transition. There is no need for anyone to fear death but to life life one day at a time, doing the things that make us happy and also doing our part to make this world a better place for everyone. What are your thoughts and how has your life changed? Blessings.
@LittleMel (14059)
I believe that change is the only thing constant in existence. change can be dramatic or unnoticeable, but it is nonetheless a change. in the past I didn't like change, I thought that I would lose control of my life but the last 2 yrs I learned to let go and go with the flow, I noticed that regardless how dramatic a change was and how much I felt losing control, I actually never did lose the control how could I lose control of my life, if I determined my own destiny, if I created my own reality, including the changes? I've had financial changes, romantic/work relationship changes, friendship changes, domestic changes, school/course changes, income changes, deaths in the family (both his and mine), spiritual/mental/emotional/physical changes... if I looked back, for what I lost, I gained something/someone hence I have nothing to worry about. I am always in control of my life. the more I let go of control, the more control I have
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi LittleMel, Thank you for sharing and it's clear that you really do understand. Blessings.
@savypat (20248)
At one time all I wanted was a family, mine had been torn apart by a divorce. So a great part of my life revolved around family. Now I find that life is the goal, living to the best of my ability is a true goal, while I have little or no control over this, I know that it is as it should be. I stili weep for those who are starving, ill or unaware of love. I know I cannot judge their lives, but I can see that the same light I see in myself is in all. We live a life that could in an instant be gone for all humanity, but the light is pure energy and as such can change but never be destroyed. Blesssing. Do you know that Blessing when sent add a small amount of positive energy to all who read it?
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi savypat, Thank you for sharing and we seem to agree on most things. Everything changes even in nature with the seasons, but the flowers return every spring. I too am convinced that we are energy and as such will never die but move on to new and greater things. If we had more understanding we would see all change as good.Thanks for telling me about the positive energy of blessing sent. Blessings to you my friend.
@williamjisir (22909)
Hello Pose, my dear friend. It is so nice to read a new discussion of yours. As I am getting older and older, there is one sure thing in life is the change mentioned here. It is so true that everything is changing and everybody is changing as time goes on. I have already had so many changes in myself and now I am learning to accept all of those changes in life and work and especially my way of viewing things and people. The world is constantly changing and so are we. A chaning world is marching forward towards a better one and so it is with our life and work and such. Blessings, Pose.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi William, So good to get another response from you, thank you. We must all expect change but lets not fear it but accept it. I sure that things are really working out exactly as they should. Blessings.
@roshigo58 (4871)
• Pune, India
Hi, you are right. The only sure thing in life is change. I am retired person. I have only son. When I was working I changed 5 jobs. I had changed 5 houses. I bought my own house but me son got a job in other city. So we decided to shift to that city. So I have decided to sell my own house and buy a new house here. I have own house in Mumbai but I can not live there. We can not predict what would happen in the next day. There are many surprises and challenges in our life. Everyone has to die one day but we should try to live our life to the fullest. While finding happiness for us we should try to help other people and make them happy. Thus we can make this world a better place.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi roshigo, Thank you for your response and we agree completely. Blessings.
@cher913 (25895)
you have seen a lot of change. i don't mind change but i do long for more simpler times (even times from before i was born). as church, i don't embrace 'church' or 'religion' either per se, but i do consider myself a follower of Jesus Christ. this year, our oldest daughter went away to college so that is a big change for us. As well, hubby and i just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and next year our children will be 20 and 16 and i am feeling very old and ancient!
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi cher, Thank you for responding but I can assure that you are not old. Change must come and it best to accept and even embrace it. Every season of life has it's good things. Blessings.
@ctryhnny (3463)
Pose123 I am not far behind you being 65 years old. You are so right that change comes to everyone no mattter what age they are. My parents are gone and I have 3 kids and 4 grandkids that I love dearly. It's for their sakes that I hope this world changes for the better. I probably won't live to see it but I wish it for them. My life has changed in so many ways. I can remember when my kids were small now I have grandkids to make memories with.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi ctryhnny, Thank you for that response and yes we have both seen many changes. Blessings.