Parodies and impersonations.

With the recent video "Amalayer" which became viral over the net there are already parodies coming out over the net of the said incident. I just obeserved that when there are such viral videos over the net, many Filipinos immediately grab and ride with the issue. They will shoot their own version of such situations making the issue more sensationalized. It is really funny watching the said parodies. On the other side, have they tried to put themselves in the shoes of the person they are imitating? Did they think how will she reacted when she saw those videos? What are your insights about this issue mylotters?
@rsa101 (13336)
This is expected once a viral video starts to pick up attention to many and creates so much noise, expect that parodies would follow the issue on. I guess the lesson here is always behave especially when in public. Technology is always around to take whatever is interesting in every public places. I think the best is always have a cool mind and respect for one another so you would avoid getting into this situation at all. You cannot prevent anyone from doing this anymore. The video has caught a lot of attention and now this parodies are just following the trend in the hopes they can gather the same attention
I agree with you, such imitators are just hoping to get attention and discovered. Yes you need to behave in public places but in this issue, we haven't seen the whole story. We haven't heard what is the reason why she reacted that way. I just hope the whole story was released so that we will know why she got very angry with the guard.
@rsa101 (13336)
I believe the victim has aired her side of the story already. Admittedly, she accepted that she made an error trying to enter the wrong entrance. She reacted rudely to the guard on the note that she was manhandled by the guard and accused her to be the first one to mistreat her for it. I still think if the victim's allegation is true they are both at fault on this thing. The guard being not able to amicably restrained her in a manner that would not offend the lady. And the lady for reacting scandalously in front of the money.
I haven't seen her reactions or interviews on TV. They said that "it takes two to tango" which means that both sides have their own fault in this issue. I was just feel bad that many where became judgemental on her part which does not know the real sotry. Many videos were posted in yourtube not only the parodies but some researched on her other videos like her audition as VJ which is already not part of the story.
@jazel_juan (15767)
It is sad that a lot is riding the issue.. i heard of the news in Umagang Kay Ganda but i really didn't know it would be big as this.. i have seen and read about people commenting back about her.. but on my part i believe the right thing to do here is just keep quiet..shut up i guess i mean i am not perfect too, i mean any other day i also rant out about some people but well i never really made a scandal such as that.. but well let her be and somehow she is sorry for it too - look at all those who is persecuting her online.
@jazel_juan (15767)
and as for the parody.. i do not find them funny too..
we have the same sentiment here. i'm a very jolly person and would love to see some funny videos on youtube. it's just that maybe i don't think it's funny to make fun of people now being bullied in the cyberspace.
@jazel you are right, we don't know both side why she reacted that way. We only saw in the video that she was angry at the guard then many judged her in her without hearing the other side of the story. Furthermore and I bet, many of us observed some abusive guards in different train stations too. I salute her for having gut to talk or confront with the guard but sadly she was negatively criticized. Some parodies are funny but at the time goes and many keeps on doing it, it seems to be annoying already. Many are riding such issues. @Iluvusabdo, I am fun with some parodies but there are some that are really annoying because some are trying hard to act and imitate.
@rubrub (166)
you cant blame those people, they have their own reason for doing that. hehe you know, doing such things will make you a little bit famous. and i think that's what they are up to.
I think that too. They just want to be known and grab the fame which is really a very shallow reason.
Hello Asdomencil, No i don't really find it funny when people goes on bandwagons or parodies just to be famous and humiliating this girl. It really doesn't represent us as a Christian nation, looks like we all have to show more humility and understanding ourselves. No one really cares about she thinks and just wanted to vent out what she did. nobody wants to understand anymore just to quickly judge.
Yes, this seems to be humilating already. I am fun of watching parodies but in this case, it is not already applicable to have parody of this one. I agree with you, many people who seen this video has already judged her because of what they saw and not because they know the story.
@brew2x (3096)
I find parodies funny, if they are good at doing it of course. Yes, I've seen a parody of that latest sensationalized video Amalayer and the one I've seen is not funny at all, more irritating than the original one. I'm not sure if that's what they are aiming at, but if they are trying to irritate people through that video then hands down to them hehe. I think if someone gets famous or infamous then parodies could be expected. I think it happens everywhere.
I think in this "amalayer" video, making parody is really irritating since this is a personalized matter. Did they do this because the person is just an ordinary citizen? Why they did not made parody of the "Claudine-Tulfo" incident at the airport? Are they afraid of immitating it because they might get sued? You are right, making parody is good when the impersonator is good at it but in this issue, it was already irritating.
@cttolledo (4105)
That's maybe a hobby of Pinoys.. but it is ok for me because its income generating hobby... as long as it doesn't harm anybody it is okey...
Good point there. If they are making extra income or achieving fame on this why not, but somewaht still annoying.
@aseretdd (13709)
I watch that AMALAYER video... and thought that for sure a lot of youtube parodies would emerge... and sure enough they did... there should be a you tube award for best parody, and funniest parody... this is like the trend for famous music videos and movies... and now... clips as short as the AMALAYER videos has followed suit... i have yet to watch some of these parodies... and i am sure they are hilarious...
I just thought of that too. However, it seems that it was already sensationalized and exagerated by many. there are now many parodies in the youtube of the said video. I guess many are really fun of riding such issues nowadays but some of them are not funny already, instead they are annoying.
@nemrac12 (388)
hello mylotter, i donot know why our people fond of imitation. THat's why we are recognized as Great Imitator. Meaning we have no "originality"? Lol, so sad. Not good to person who imitate that situation without getting the real story. Yes this issue is just like virus, easily spread. My insights, i feel sorry to that person who imitate the video situation without getting the other side. In this scenario he made Filipinos fool.
You are right, now that we are in modern era where technology made a great impact in spreading the news. I heard that not only Filipinos are fond of doing parodies but other nationalities too Sometimes, poeple will not think first the effect or possible reaction of the person originally in the video, like this one "amalayer" which really make a big impact on the person.
• Calgary, Alberta
Not only Filipinos we know that there are people on youtube that relies on making parodies and impersonation on youtube as a way of living. A lot of Youtube Partners became popular partners through parodies. Amalayer is currently smoking hot so people grabbed the opportunity before it sizzles back to obscurity, I am sure some of those parodies will get subscribers.
I was not that much searching videos in the youtube. I think whenever there are hits or smoking hot issue, they will make parodies. I just hope that they will really find subscribers.