Butternut, and Sweet Potato Soup?

@911Ricki (13602)
My Grandmas friend made this soup awhile back, it was so good I could eat the entire pot. I had 3 bowls of it, so I got the recipe but she tweeked it. It originally was white potato and lentil soup, where she add this or that into it. I bought a butternut squash, and sweet potato the other day thinking that what it was she put in. My Mom can't remember, and I asked her to ask again (my Grandma wont remember). So I was just looking up a recipe online, and trying it out.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
That sounds delicious. Like it will come out creamy and sweet, a great fall / winter soup. I don't know what lentils taste like, but I know they are a type of bean. I wouldn't have liked it, I only like baked beans!
@911Ricki (13602)
I have tried lentils in another soup, I didnt like them personally. But I found a recipe online that looks delicious, and similar to the one she had made. http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/roasted-butternut-squash-and-sweet-potato-soup/
If it had lentils I probably wouldn't have liked it either lol. I don't like any type of beans, I don't like how mushy they are when I eat them. (same with peas lol!)
@deebomb (15322)
Courtknee the beans you are eating ptobaly are not seasoned right or are over cooked.
I love thick soups when it gets cooler out. I'm not a huge fan of sweet potatoes unless I have honey butter or cinnamon and brown sugar to sweeten it up. But I do love baked potato soup. One of my favorite restaurants make this and I love it. It has chunks of potato, really creamy and somewhat buttery, and there's cheese and bacon bits in it. I don't know the recipe, but I sure wish I did because I'm in love with that soup. I hope your recipe comes out yummy!
@911Ricki (13602)
Sounds like Potato and Bacon Soup - I dont mind it, but perfer sweet potatoes over white potatoes. I love sweet potatoes, have you tried sweet potato pie before? I tried making it last year so delicious.
I haven't had it in a pie before but my aunt has made a sweet potato casserole before, which I'm sure is a bit similar to how the pie is just without the crust. Boston Market also has the casserole and it's so yummy. If I do have a sweet potato, I like to have butter and sweet stuff inside.
@lilybug (21148)
I hate when there is a something I really like that I don't know how to make. Or if you get the recipe like you did, but the person tweaked it and you don't know exactly what they did to it. It is frustrating because it just isn't the same. I hope your mom remembers to ask your grandmas friend what she did to the recipe, so you can make some of that yummy soup.
@911Ricki (13602)
Thats exactly it, it wont turn out to the t the same. She asked and she said she just changed sweet potaotes, and threw this or that in. I looked online and found a recipe that looks like it so I will just use it.
@lilybug (21148)
I hope it turns out to be close to what you were hoping for. If it is not quite right maybe you can tell what is missing and add it. Good luck!
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
Sounds yummy to me. Can you share the recipe with me here? Id like to try it.
I absolutely hate it when I have something that someone has cooked that I absolutely adore and when I ask them for the recipe they tell me that they don't really have a recipe for it. However, that does tend to be the way that things are because most people do have a habit of tweaking recipes and really making them their own. For me, I will actually write my adjustments on recipes so that I will always have a recipe for the things that our family really appreciates.