Fungus marks on ceiling!

Greece
November 16, 2012 4:00pm CST
Recently, in my shower ceiling some dark marks are starting to appear. As far as I know they appeared because of the humidity trapped inside my shower booth. Do you know any ways to help with cleaning it, and also any advice to prevent it from appearing again? I am thinking of scrubbing it off and then repainting the ceiling. And then I'll have to think of a way to take the steam from the hot water away... I have a little fan that is drawing air out.. but apparently it is not enough.. Any of you had any similar problems and dealt with them?
2 people like this
3 responses
@robspeakman (1707)
16 Nov 12
You need some proper ventilation - That is the only way to stop the mold returning. When you clean the mold, use something that will kill the mold... you will have to repeat the process a few times
1 person likes this
• Greece
16 Nov 12
I see. Thanks for the tips. I think tomorrow I will try spraying it with bleach as the others mentioned before. I might need to do it more than once though.. it looks like a tough situation..
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
16 Nov 12
Yes id.. take some bleach and water in a spray bottle to clean this. id do it soon, before it becomes a bigger problem.
1 person likes this
• Greece
16 Nov 12
I'll do this tommorrow morning first thing then.. as it's pretty late here at the moment. thanks for the advice:)
• United States
16 Nov 12
You can spray it with bleach and wipe it down. That will kill the mold for the moment, but until you get rid of the humidity in there, it will come back. Maybe you can get a bigger fan to draw out more moisture from the air. You can clean it and paint it, but if the main problem isn't fixed, it will come right back eventually.
• Greece
16 Nov 12
Ah... thanks for the advice. At least it's good to know that some bleach can clean it away.. that will save me the trouble of scratching the ceiling of and redoing it. Maybe i should get rid of the booth somehow, or change it.it traps all the steam in there and i doesn't let any of it go out..so it all goes up to the ceiling, and it forms the mold there :(