We had meatless tacos the other night..

My friend picked me up and took me to her house. she made tacos with this stuff called meatless crumbles. I know it is full of protein and it looked just like ground beef. I watched her cook it and it looked good. I was scared to eat it so I took a little bit on my plate. what I also liked was she used those nacho scoops instead of a taco shell. we just filled each scoop and it was just perfect. The meat was just great. and I looked for it in my supermarket but there was none. I can't wait till she makes tofu for me to try. she did say I tasted it in the hospital though. I can't remember that far back at all. I want to learn more meatless meals and veggie dishes. I loved this one. so did adrain who just loves meat.
@sedel1027 (17868)
I love the meatless crumbles. We use them a lot since my daughter doesn't like beef and I don't eat meat. Net time you are at the store, look by the vegetables. Those products are usually around the salad items by the tofu.
• Marion, Kansas
In our stores there are about three brands of meatless products in the frozen food section. There are some awesome burger patties called lite life, I believe.
I will check there today before I cook dinner. I like the idea of it being by the salads. thanks.
@sedel1027 (17868)
That is true Gerty. There is a version of frozen crumbles produced by garden burger by the other meatless products (ie Boca Burgers, Annie's frozen foods, ect)
Sometimes when Hubby makes guacamole, I will bringhome hard taco sheels. We'll fill the sheels with guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, and cheese. That's how we make our meatless tacos. They're absolutely wonderful that way. He doesn't make the guacamole too spicy because he knows I can't handle spices.
That is also a great plan and he is great to care about your spices as well.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I never heard of meatless crumbles. In what area of the store would I find that? I would love to try something different especially to go with my tacos or nachos. I usually have chili in my tacos. As for achos I ususal have salsa, guacamole or hummus. I don't like tofu due to the texture of it. I too love veggie dishes or just plain meatless meals. They are so much more healthier for you and you don't feel bloated the next day like you would if you eat meat. At least I do!
I was told the salad sction of the store. I need to go look for myself as well.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Ok I will check it out! Thanks!
@gilenie (190)
wow guess i have to try that one lol...i'm one of those taco lovers... i can eat tacos for a whole day breakfast lunch dinner and even as a snack haha...i do love making my own rather than buying on some food chain... i find it so messy to eat but still loving it so much..ops by the way i can eat 2-3 big sized tacos ... cheers
I cna eat one big taco and it is really tasty from taco bell.
• Marion, Kansas
I had a friend who made meatless burritos. She cooked up lentils to do it and they looked pretty convincing and the flavor was really good. I cannot go meatless, but I can certainly increase the grains and veggies in my diet. I am glad you and Adrian enjoyed this. How is he doing with you helping Kay out now?
He is doing fine now and he has been home and not around her. he will not come back to my house while she is here either.
@matersfish (6311)
From the title "meatless tacos," I instantly thought "yum, chicken tacos!" I'm not much on the meatless. I'm sure my heart and my colon hate me, but I can't do vegan. I've tried. I've never had these meat crumble things before. Maybe I'd like them.
I felt the same way till I tried these crumbles for myself.
@mariaperalta (19097)
• Mexico
Tacos are a great dinner. I make many different ones here. Ive never tried those kind those.
I think they are just great and you should try them. you never know if you like them if you don't.
@Fishmomma (11505)
I'm eating more meatless dishes; however, still like to eat turkey and chicken dishes. I'll have to look for it and see if its cheaper than turkey. Right now, it wouldn't be with all the deals I can get on turkeys in the United States, as every store has a sale on turkey.
Here they are $39 for the whole turkey and that is just crazy. we are getting a free one.
The only meat substitute that I've ever had that was similar to ground beef is called Quorn (I might have spelled that wrong), we had it in a nacho dip one night when we had a mother's night out at a friend's house that is a vegetarian. I have to admit that I thought it was pretty tasty and I wouldn't mind to attempt to make it at my own house, however, I'm afraid that it wouldn't turn out as good as hers did because I am not knowledgeable in cooking meat substitutes. I'm glad to hear that the meat substitute that you tried was something that was filling to you and tasted good as well.
Your supermarket may have an organic section, or it may be located amongst the other frozen foods. There are several different frozen veggie crumbles; there are also TVP (textured vegetable protein), seitan and tempeh that can serve as "meat substitutes." Personally, I am a fan of tempeh.
• Saudi Arabia
Can guess how tasty it should've been. Maybe some of the cooking tutorials can help you out,,,,
@natliegleb (5186)
its awesome ,because one time i tried it was simply cool with nice crystal flavors and cripsy sound meaty too
Wow! I'd like to try those meatless tacos as well! I am currently on a diet and I guess eating those would help me. The thing is whenever I go on a diet, I would feel like I am deprived of my happiness- eating (^.^). That's why I'd like to try some healthy meal with green leafy veggies and all. yum yum.