Dropped off my resumes tonight!

@911Ricki (13602)
I did up a few resumes and cover letters, so I dropped them off. I was tired, but thought I better go tonight or else I wont do it. I plan on going to the next town over tomorrow wiht a few more resumes. I am hoping to get them done tonight, and printed off.
I need to do some more of that. However, most of that will have to be done online; the vast majority of positions that I've looked at want the resume emailed to them. That makes it easier to do, but it makes it harder to make a human connection.
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, it's easier to email them I find. I have been doing both, and it just takes more time to do up the cover letter, my resume is mainly the same for most jobs.
@911Ricki (13602)
Wow! How is the work number there? Unemployment rate? I would imagine it is high. Here they will still accept it if they are not hiring but doesnt mean you will get the job. Most if you apply and they are hiring they will look for certain features you hold, or if they beleive you will be a benfit to the company.
@squallming (1777)
It is good that you actually have the determination to look for a job. Some people would take things slow by just walking in into some small shop and ask if there is any job vacancy for them. Or perhaps they would not work at all. Yet, it seems like you are eager at getting a decent job by going to different places and handing in your resume. I wish you luck in getting your dream job.
@911Ricki (13602)
Thank you! By sitting back with my feet up I will not get anywhere. I want to move out, and move on with my life, not have no money, and listen and put up with others. You are the only one that can change your destiny.
@kat_2x (105)
hi! you can submit your resume online and the company will be the one to contact you for interviews or screening.. :) good luck!
@911Ricki (13602)
Depending on the company, some around here do not have that yet. I tried online but I was applying for different shifts (5am - 9am, 3pm - 11pm, or 10pm - 6am) whereas they would only let you type in 1 lot.
I think that it is great that you are being so proactive about finding another job. Are you going to be looking for a replacement full-time job or are you looking for another part time job that you will be able to use to fill in the evenings when you are not working? I would imagine that it would be easier to find a part-time job than it would be to find another full-time job.
@911Ricki (13602)
I am looking for more hours ontop of my current jobs. I need more income, to put into savings and move out. If I was living on my own paying for an apartment or trailer I would need $2700 a month income to fly by (not have alot let over but then not struggling and going into debt). Yes, part time are easier to get than full time. So I;m not picky a little more money would be nice right now.
@Blondie2222 (21223)
That's good your handing out your resumes, because it seems like by what you tell us your not really happy at the job your at now. I hope you will get calls back from the places you put your resume at. Best of luck to you.
@911Ricki (13602)
I am crossing my fingers and toes, I need more money and wont wuiet my j=current job just yet though.
@prashu228 (25814)
Ohh that's so nice. I am planning to drop my resumes since two weeks but was not able to,,i am also thinking to upload my resumes on some online sites.Its high time now. I should do it,but always feeling lazy. I hope you get the best job.
@911Ricki (13602)
I find if I dont push myself to do it, then I wont do it.
@lilybug (21148)
I hope at least one of those resumes gets you a call. I just started a seasonal part time job and as soon as that one is over I have another seasonal job starting. I am still looking for something full time, but this is filling the gap for now. Good Luck!
@911Ricki (13602)
I wish I had that, but I havent heard back from my seasonal boss after he blew up at me. Right now I steady work, and need an apartment so unless he calls me and willing to work around my other jobs now.
@NailTech (6890)
Good luck with those, you are so ambitious. I wish I had half the ambitiousness you had. I know you want to be able to earn enough $$ to move out of that house though. I wouldn't blame you.
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, and be able to get by without going into debt. No government clearly wont help, so I am on my own. I applied to a few fast food places, and I worked at 1 of them for 8 years so thye may call me as the store is just opening.