Which is the best way?

Vietnam
We're working in gold industry. Our products are gold, silver jewelry with precious stone. Sometimes, workers lose some jewelry pieces or they broke precious stone. Usually, my company will pay this fee. However, workers lose or broken products more and more. So, my boss wants they must pay them. But if workers must pay this fee, there won't have enough money. Their salary is enough for their life. Which is the best way for both company and worker?
@roshigo58 (4871)
• Pune, India
Hi, Your company should decide some limit to workers for breaking precious stones. Company should pay for this but if this goes beyond the limit workers have to pay for the loss. Workers should work carefully. Company also should be considerate for the workers.
@aeiou78 (3457)
@roshigo58 You do have a very idea and I am sure you must be a very good boss. Only after breaking certain number of those precious stones, then only the relevant workers must responsible to it. I do suggest the company request all of the workers to purchase insurance so that the insurance company will cover full cost or partial cost of any breaking incident if it happens not because of the careless or negligence of the workers.
• Vietnam
I agree with aeiou that roshigo had a good idea. My company has the same regulation before. However, workers don't agree. They break stone a little. They say that we don't need any regulation like that.
@aeiou78 (3457)
In fact, it is very unfair if the company asks the workers to pay for the cost of breaking those precise stones if those precise stones are easily to be broken. The company must purchase the insurance to cover the lose of breaking incidents. May be, an investigation must be conducted to ensure the cause of a breaking incident. If it is caused by the negligence or carelessness of a worker, then the company must take the necessary discipline action again the relevant worker.
• Vietnam
I don't think that there is any insurance agent will accept to sell this kind of insurance.
@greenline (14864)
I would say, first and foremost, it is very important to select workers who really have the skill.
• Vietnam
Yes, that's right. But they sometime meet risk because the technology is too hard.
@jkct02 (2859)
Do the workers have the necessary skill to handle the precious stones? If they do and yet they make mistakes all the time, then it is plain that they are not really skilled enough to do the job. In that case, it is for the benefit of all, that qualified workers should be taken in to replace those that are not up to the mark. Another way is to train the workers further so that they could do their job better but if it involves crafty skill, it is not that easy to train.