Cheesy Misery

@p1kef1sh (45647)
I can dictate my comments here as my computer has a speech recognition capability. However, there are times when it makes some interesting mistakes and today I found one that made me smile. I dictated a sentence that included the word Missouri. Missouri is a state in the USA. When the word appeared on the screen however it had translated it to read 'cheesy misery'. My idea of cheesy misery is going to the fridge and discovering that we have no cheese. I am now trying to think of other circumstances where one might use those words. I wonder if anybody else has the problem of dictating one word and seeing another appear on the screen.
@RitterSport (2452)
LOL sounds like that @*$& T9 feature on my cell phone....... Cheesy misery would be to only find cream cheese when I want a cheese sandwich....... If you ever get into a Cheesy Misery so let me know. We have stocked up nicely on cheeeese..........
@p1kef1sh (45647)
I am certain that we can find some misery to go with your cheese!!
hmmmmmm as I am a cheese-a-holic, as long as I have cheeeese there cant be a real misery.........maybe no bread.... that would be a misery then.
@dawnald (84132)
• Shingle Springs, California
cheesy misery right now is my cat and his bladder problems... I haven't used that sort of software, so no. But I can cite many examples where I gave the ex husband detailed instructions, only to have something else be done. Or examples of translation software that comes back with something funny when I translate it back. You sure are talkative today...
@p1kef1sh (45647)
Husbands cab so disappointing! I am tired today so am sitting here in the dark conversing with the World. Too lazy to do anything else.
@p1kef1sh (45647)
Can not cab! Autocorrect at work.
@hereandthere (23085)
i'm not a techie but it reminds me of a secretary who said "oh, he just passed away" instead of "passed by." just yesterday, i heard accessibility and typed excessibility. well, english is such a flexible language, new words or combinations are created all the time. excessibility is the way of the world now so why not?
@p1kef1sh (45647)
I often make the most glaring typos. Note the proximity of the 'k' to the 'l' on the keyboard. Then type 'grateful'.....easily misspelt!
@GreenMoo (11842)
Cheesy misery = my ex taking his trainers off.
@p1kef1sh (45647)
That's why folk ought not to wear trainers all the time!
@RawBill1 (8542)
• Gold Coast, Australia
My idea of cheesy misery is the way that I feel after eating the horrible stuff! I have never had anything to do with speech recognition technology, but I reckon it would be full of similar errors is it? My wife has a similar program on her iPhone and it is useless. Obviously made for an American accent, it just has no idea what we are saying!
@p1kef1sh (45647)
Good cheese is the food of the gods. But an awful lot of supermarket cheese is just waxy rubber or heavily processed. I have the same program on my iPad. It gives interesting results. Often tripping up over easy words and the doing well with complicated ones.
@BarBaraPrz (17331)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
cheesy misery = finding your cheese wearing a blue fur coat... or having "fatten sobered"
@p1kef1sh (45647)
I can remember a time when you could see cheese mites under a magnifying glass. That always signified good cheese. Those were the days.
Am I remembering correctly when I say that you are in the United Kingdom? Maybe it's your accent! :) Can English programs like this be set to recognize different accents? Someone from London, someone from Toronto, someone from Newfoundland, and someone from Tennessee are going to speak the same language, but they will speak it very differnly.
@p1kef1sh (45647)
Unfortunately not. Some sat navs can be programmed to have an English or American voice but not this I'm afraid.