Ever heard someone talking about certain food and you want it?

@911Ricki (13602)
My friend was telling me how she had made a hard boiled egg, with toast. I use to have this all the time as a kid. But now I am older I dont have much time to prepare food in the morning. I am off work today, so for the last few days Ive been wanting hard boiled eggs and toast. I made a few extra eggs as Ive been wanting egg salad as well. So I thought Ill make that for lunch.
@Asylum (46839)
• Manchester, England
This is a natural reaction because we have such a wide variety of food that we enjoy that we often forget all about some of them. As soon as they are mentioned we remember how much we enjoyed them and suddenly have the desire for them again. This is the principle behind many adverts because if you are constantly reminded of something then you are more likely to decide that you fancy it. How many of us have often been undecided what we really want at mealtime?
@911Ricki (13602)
You are very right on this, I have never thought about it before.
@joliefille (3697)
Oh yes definitely! This usually happens to me with green unripe mangoes. When my friend mentions she just had mango, I would be daydreaming of the taste and salivating haha.
@911Ricki (13602)
Its true, glad Im not the only one.
@Arieles (2474)
This happens to me often. Someone will mention dill pickle potato chips, and my mouth just starts watering, and I can actually "taste" the chips. Even now with you mentioning the hard boiled egg with toast, ohhhh it sounds so good. A lot of sites I go on, there will be pictures of food and it all looks so good. It's a good thing its just pictures, because otherwise I would be pretty heavy.
That actually sounds rather good. I wish that I am some eggs here, but I haven't bought any recently. The boyfriend doesn't generally like eggs (unless they are well hidden in stuff), so I just haven't gotten any recently.
@lilybug (21182)
All the time! I am sitting here on myLot right now going through cooking and eating discussions and craving all this food now. I have hit several of your recent posts and I think I am gaining weight just reading. I love hard boiled eggs, egg salad, and deviled eggs. Heck, I just love eggs! I will make a dozen hard boiled eggs at a time sometimes because my kids love them as well.
@TheCatLady (4696)
• Israel
lol Always. I love food an all I have to do is hear of something yummy and I want it. Eggs not so much, but I has an egg a few months ago. I don't like to eat foods from animals.
I love hard boiled eggs with hot sauce. I also like making egg salad.
• Marion, Kansas
Oh, yeah, I do get cravings a lot. I can make what I need though, so that is not a problem. The eggs should be helpful for your iron level as well. Enjyou.
@doroffee (4233)
• Hungary
Yes :). There was a pun about a special local wafel-like packaged sweet snack on TV (on a talent searcher show), and I was like, wow, I'm so craving this... even though I haven't eaten it forever. So next day I bought a packet in a supermarket. It was really good :).