I need help. This boredom is getting on my nerves

@mydanods (1017)
Nigeria
I need help. I want to stop an excessive TV watching habit. I cannot. To stop excessive and addictive drinking of sweet drinks. Impossible. I want to stop thinking that others are better than I am. I try not to complain. The world is a boring plate of pasta and fried eggs. This boredom is killing me. help
@LaDeBoheme (1961)
I second the motion about "Get Up. Get Out. And Do Something... Anything!" There's a great big world out there and it is amazing what you can find and see and do if you just open your mind and eyes. Step away from the TV and the internet and the cellphone and experience real life on the outside. Sitting on your a$$ watching TV and washing down pasta and fried eggs with sugary drinks is what will kill you.
@mydanods (1017)
• Nigeria
you really are kind, ladeboheme. You make me think i have been silly. I have to start taking positive steps. You know, it is very difficult. very very. I have to start doing something rather than whine and moan. I will, dear.
You don't even need a plan, mydanods. Just turn everything off and step outside. Then take another step. And another. The greatest journeys always begin with a single step.
@mydanods (1017)
• Nigeria
I'll take your advice. I need to else the medical bills might even force me to.
@peavey (15865)
First off, quit saying you can't. Quit saying it's impossible and that life is boring. You can, it isn't and it isn't. If you want to stop watching TV, turn it off and go outside. If you want to stop drinking too many sweet drinks, make yourself drink a glass of water first every time you want one. When you feel bored, do something. Go help a neighbor. Volunteer at a charity. Contact a friend or a family member. Learn how to bird watch. Do something. It's up to you and only you.
@mydanods (1017)
• Nigeria
thanks peavey. I will try to start practicing some of the advice given here. First, i have to start working on my tv and drinking habits. I think they are getting too much and on my nerves.
@peavey (15865)
Don't just work on it, do it. Best of luck to you.
@pahak627 (4203)
I could not say anything about your situation but I guess you have to change your ways out there. Do some walking and exercise so that you can't be bored.
@mydanods (1017)
• Nigeria
thanks very much. I do need it. I might have to set a target for myself of watching less tv now. I just need to start making positive change.
@subhojit10 (7384)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. I think u have to change your mindset first. i do not understand how u can say the word impossible and cannot with such grace. I think there is no activity on earth that is impossible or cannot be achieved. If you are willing to do something then no force on earth can stop u from achieving your goals. U do not have to look out for someone else to come and help u, rather u have to motivate yourself and get over this boredom. What say?
@mydanods (1017)
• Nigeria
I have tried several times. I keep reminding myself I need to have the willpower. I just have to try and try. It seems so difficult. I really have to get over the boredom.