Do you have a phobia?

I most certainly do. My biggest is probably Mottephobia which is a fear of moths and butterflies. I can easily be reduced to tears by just one of those winged demons. People are always saying to me, 'How can you hate such beautiful creatures? Look at how pretty they are!' But no! I just can't see it. Whenever I see one, I temporarily become a nervous wreck. I start to shake, I feel sick (and have been known to vomit on a few occasions) and as I said before, I tend to cry. I can't help it. I have no idea WHY I feel this way, I just do. In fact, I feel a bit ill even TYPING about them! I also have a fear of flying. It doesn't seem natural to me. Something as huge and heavy as a plane being so high up in the air! The last time I was on a plane (2010), I cried quietly for the entire 4 hour journey. So I was just wondering if anybody perhaps shares my phobia or if you have any of your own?
I actually don't personally have a phobia but my grandmother has a phobia kind of like yours, she is terrified of birds! If one even comes near her she freaks out, she said she feels like she will vomit and she shakes too. And my husband is terrified of getting on a plane. He was so scared the one and only time he flew. He kept saying were going to crash, over and over again! The passengers behind us were so mad by the time the plane landed. I told him I will NEVER get on a plane with him again. LOL.
My grandmother has that exact phobia! She won't even eat poultry. I'm glad you DIDN'T crash. Hehe.
@silvermist (14806)
While I am lucky not to have such phobias , I know people who have phobias about cockroaches and spiders.
Hi friend, i think you have an unique phobia, i too wonder why you hate butterflies and cry while seeing them. Luckily i don't have any phobia in my life.
@jeztrose (1406)
Actually i don't have any phobia at all, but i have feared some animals, like worms and snakes, though i never really feel sick and shaky when i see them but touching those creatures will really got me crazy.. ahaha
I don't have a fear of flying or a fear of winged insects. It is interesting that your phobias are related by the common demoninator of wings. I am terrified of spiders. ALL spiders, by the way. The tarantula because of its size is the worst. I noticed on fb for a while everyone was talking about spiders and posting pictures of spiders. I don't want to talk about them, hear about them, see pictures of them, nor do I want to see them. People say, oh they won't hurt you, they are more afraid of you than you are of them. Really? Well, my response is they cause me to hurt myself trying to get away from them!
@Fishmomma (11464)
Your last poster and I have something in common as I am terrified of heights. The thought of looking down can make me as white as a sheet. I'm not feeling that good just thinking about it.
@Raine38 (8909)
I find that I am afraid of a lot of things but not to the point that it can be classified in the extremes to be called a phobia. I'm afraid of spiders, crawlers, and extreme darkness. But not to the point that my health will suffer.
@Orson_Kart (3847)
I suffer terribly from Spermophobia! I also used to be afraid of hills and high walls, but I am over them now. :)
@rog0322 (2834)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hi, I don't have one, probably with my constant exposure to nature, I managed to get hold of my ordinary fears. It is only a matter of exposure and the body adapts eventually. I once have this deadly fear of snakes, nowadays, I eat them as food. Then, I fear water, the open sea. Now I am a certified SCUBA diver. It is the facing of one's fears that conquers it all.