i was surprised . . . .

. . . . that my topic “ She Was Killed Because She Gossiped” , had earned more 41 responses, yet, it was under the interest, Philippines. The responses mostly came from Filipinos but some came from Mylotters of different nationalities. I think, everyone can relate to it or was just simply shocked.
@beamer88 (4268)
Gossiping happens anywhere in the world, so I guess the non-Filipino members were also concerned. And I think it also has something to do with the word 'killing.' I've noticed that people are drawn to news about this, here in myLot as well as in other fora.
well the issue is about life and it happen in real life that's the reason why people here want to discuss it,
I think the topic is something that anybody can relate. I just tagged it under Philippines because it happened here and i think most Filipinos can relate. But i was surprised. . .
@ungu89 (2001)
wah, that a lot of response. but, look at the title will make other to response to u. being gossiper u be kill. sure people want to know more. that great u can came out such discussion.
Yes, my friend my title was very catchy and interesting. Who wouldn't be when even just by gossiping, one will be killed for it.
@choybel (5059)
Congratulations on that. I don't remember ever having that much responses and activities in a single discussion I created. I think that it has attracted so many mylotters and the content/topic was just really intriguing.
Actually, i didn't expect such a number of responses, so i was surprised that it has reached that number. I was so happy ! At least, i have the ability to make an interesting topic.
@leateagee (3667)
I have read it in the news and also concern about this bad habit that we all have. Since we do not get any punishment from doing so people made it also a past time to talk about other people's business and worst is we tend to add details on it. It's a human interest.
That's true. Some people have made it a habit to gossip. They don't mind if they are hurting people already. And when this news leaked, i think some have second thoughts already in gossiping.
@bluespygirl (2112)
Wow, if you got many responses in that topic alone, I call it one of the blockbuster discussions here in myLot. But the news is really surprising, right? Imagine you can get killed by just being a gossiper?
Actually, the response increased every day. So it was a gradual increase. What i don't noticed though is if it was one of the top discussion. Yes that news was quite shocking. The reason for the killing was unsual.
@mrsuniega (789)
this is because the news is a national issue, a lot of mylotters can relate to your topic since it was shown on the news for almost a week. congratulations for having a HIT here in mylot.
Yes, this is a national issue so most Filipinos can relate. Although, the subject is where anybody from around the world can relate too so it attracted other mylotters too.
@yanzalong (8781)
It was the title that attracted mylotters to respond, I think.
I think so too, yan. Who wouldn't be shocked indeed that just for a gossip , one would be killed ! It in fact shocked the Filipinos.
Dina I guess it is due to the title; that attracts more responses, am i right? thanks for sharing
Yes, i think so too, professor. Besides, everyone can relate to this shocking news.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
You did a good job on the title my dear It's catchy and intriguing. Surprising and shocking that ignites curiosity how gossip killed a person.
Yeah, i think i really did a catchy title. But on second thought, the discussion itself is something that anyone can relate with.
hi SimplyD not me as we American mylotters hate to see i njustice d one anywhere and even if she had gossiped, that was never a reason for killing her.We do not like injustice nor do a lot of other people from other Countries here.Your discussion hit a common chord in most people of any country.You are right, that was something we can all relate to.Shocked but also angered by the injustice.
Yes that's true Ms. Hatley. This topic is what all people can relate. It shocked and angered the people indeed, even those from other country as well.