early morning situation at home...

@Cutie18f (9564)
Early this morning while I was feeding my dogs, an old hunchbacked man passed by and asked for some kind of "help" (meaning, money because he was obviously begging) So I asked him if he will accept some bread instead and he nodded his head. So I gave him some bread and since I had a few coins in my purse, I also gave him some coins. What followed was unexpected. He bowed his head and said a prayer out loud. The prayer thanked the Lord for the SMALL help he received, blah, blah. I mean, what? I appreciate that he made a short prayer for the little help I gave him, but should he attach the adjective SMALL to the help I gave him? I found it a bit funny. I think that if ever you make a prayer of gratitude there shouldn't be any adjectives attached to it. What do you think?
@jeztrose (1406)
hahaha it made me remember the same incident. A beggar cam into our house, unfortunately i am all alone at our house, and i can't give her any money coz i don't have any coins at all in my pocket. Hence i think of something to give her that would satisfy her and my option is to give her food since i know that she is hungry, i pack her some foods and fruits on it. When i gave her that,she said what is this? i said its a food, then she said she wants money.. wahahah it really pisses me off that time, she is too demaNDINg. whAT will i do if i have no money? ahah it just makes me laugh whenever i remember it.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Yeah, some of them would even give the price when they beg, like they will say, "give me five pesos, ma'am"
@jeztrose (1406)
I have also experience, i went to town and i have some pizza with me coz i will take it home for my family, one beggar approached me and ask for something, i gave her coins, but she refuses and point the pizza, lol! ahah i said it was for my family and she refuses she said she wants that,i never gave her the pizza, she kept on following me until i really run forward. ahaha
@cearn25 (3460)
I don't give alms to the beggars. It is because I don't want to be used in giving them as they will eventually keep on asking and asking and will not work hard on their own. The situation you had really was a shocking and a bit funny. I think the beggar would want to get bigger thsn the thing you gave. At least he was thankful.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Yes, it was a bit funny because he was trying to inject insult in his prayer. LOL
@Shellyann36 (8046)
No matter what he meant by adding the word "small" to his prayer, you did the right thing in helping him. I would not give it a second thought. Perhaps if you had given him money he might possibly have wasted it.
@Cutie18f (9564)
I did give him a few coins along with the bread.
@Raine38 (8907)
Haha, too funny, what a tacky way of saying he wants more, in my opinion. But then, that's his problem. You gave him what you had that time, you helped him and well, its up to him however he wants to take the kind of help that was bestowed on him.
@Cutie18f (9564)
I didn't know he was vindictive. LOL.. I was only trying to help. Did I tell you that aside from being old he was also a hunchback.
@jenny1015 (13394)
So he thinks that what you gave was SMALL? I think he needs to rephrase his prayers next time! Maybe he was trying to tell you to give him more!
@Cutie18f (9564)
He..he..he insulted me with his prayer.
@kingparker (9698)
Anyway, you did help this man, whatever he said, let him say it. Whether it is small or big, you did your best to help this man to get through his situation. So, let him be, and whatever prayer he summon, it won't be such a big deal at all. I hope that you understand. We all living in the Earth, sometimes, we just do our part as charity to help others who need help, and we just won't expect any return.
@Cutie18f (9564)
You're right King.
@edvc77 (2143)
I think so. He should not have said the word "small." My friend encountered that with a beggar too, however, he asked for more, I think. Quite funny at times, I think we just need to understand them. Have a nice day!
@Cutie18f (9564)
Yeah, really. They can be choosy and rude when they want more.
@Angelee_27 (3479)
It sounds like he expected to get more from you, and was letting you know. It seems kind of rude to me. If you are going to beg, you can't turn around and complain that you didn't get what you wanted. Beggars can't be choosers. It would be hard for me to believe he didn't mean anything by the word "small" in his prayer.
@Cutie18f (9564)
Yah, in fact it caught my attention. He was like praying and complaining at the same time.
@rotloi2 (321)
if the beggar were me would not say it were a big . big present came from Lord. atleast, he believed in God. you should not take that seriously as small maybe only refered the bread was in small size.. he may say big or small but what really happened and matter the most were the prayer he had made
@Dominique25 (9476)
Yeah I understand what you mean. Perhaps he did mean something or that he didn't. Sometimes when people pray they get use to saying the word small or little. For example often praying to God to give them just a "little" more help or Holy Spirit. That they aren't asking for much. But yeah in that situation adjectives like that shouldn't be used or a person can be offended.
@wongchoiyee (6275)
It seems that he was not grateful at all and want to ask for more. If I were you, I will tell him I will not sympathize him anymore in future. People like this are always on the streets. In our night market, there are a lot of this beggars asking for money. Then they will be drive away by a group of companies. Imagine are they really are beggar?
@wolfie34 (26881)
What a darn cheek, talk about sarcasm! Most people wouldn't have given him the time of day, let alone given him a thing, basically he took your kindness you showed him and threw it back in your face! He doesn't deserve help if that is his attitude, it makes you wonder why he is like that. Your random act of kindness won't go unnoticed however, and someday, someone or something will happen to reward you for you did. He was totally ungrateful.
@adnileb (5017)
Haha! That's quite funny situation. Well, honestly speaking, I don't give something to beggars asking for money or to kids who want some money to be able for them to go home. I'm sick of them taking for granted the kindness of people everywhere. I know they're very much capable of working for themselves, I see some kids picking up plastic bottles and selling it to a junk shop - I'd rather help these kinds of people who strive hard to make a living instead of asking from anyone. So, basically, since I don't give, I haven't met a situation like that.
@Raine38 (8907)