Starting A New Writing Genre

I'm doing it...I'm going to write my second novel. Best part, it's going to be a horror trilogy. I've been up all night thinking of what I can write about. If those dorky authors of 'Twilight' and '50 Shades' are reaping the benefits of mediocrity, why can't I? I always had a thing for vampires...scary, sexy vampires that don't fall in love or sleep with werewolves or that nonsense. I can do this. I am going to do this. Totally wish me luck, y'all!
@CatGods (4596)
Yes but those dorky writers as you call them, well yes they may not have a lot of talent, BUT they know people who could get them to where they want to be. So the big question is: do YOU know people to help you get to where you want to be? If not, your fighting chance becomes extremely difficult 10 fold. Just being good in this world today isn't enough.
@CatGods (4596)
Nope can't really say I know any one who is discussing 50 shades or even has discussed 50 shades. Guess my friends and I are a different kind of reader.
You don't need luck when you've got skill! I write a lot, short stories and such. I'm working on a few novels myself. With the rise in e-books you could get published and have your name in fonts! I know, reading today's trashy titles gives me hope that I could make it in the literary world. I also have a motto that I write by, I'd rather be a life changing author than a best selling one. I'd love to read some of your prose when you get going.
Thank you! Likewise! I've been writing since I was a kid and it's my way of really expressing myself (I'm sure it's like that with you too!)
@bloggeroo (2171)
What I like most about fiction is the opportunity to create characters and make them do stuff in a story. I haven't written a long story just yet, but one of these days, I will. Right now, I'm still learning the tools of the trade of a fiction writer. Anyway, I'm experimenting with my blogs to improve my writing skills. Hopefully, I will learn a lot from the exercise.
I feel like you don't need to have a degree when it comes to writing. If it's from the heart and you like it, that's all there is. Good luck with it.
@scheng1 (24810)
Hi Bluebell, that seems like really hard work to me. Glad that you have the determination to do something you really want. I guess once you have the outline ready, and you have the determination to follow through, you will be able to see the book in print. All the best to you.
Thanks, Scheng! I have to concentrate and do my research. I think it's going to be well worth it.
@subhojit10 (7384)
Thanks a ton for sharing this discussion. Well i am glad to hear that u are going to write your second novel and i am sure u had fun while working on the first. I think u should continue this thing and if u have that creativity and passion for writing novels then may be u can share with all of us and u never know u might be the next big thing in the future. I would like to wish u all the very best for your second venture and hope it turns out to be very good. What say?
Thank you, Sub. This is my second novel (first trilogy) that I've written in nearly four years. It's going to be tough, but I did it before, and I can do it again.
Congratulations on beginning your second novel, Bluebell! Changing genres should energize your writing with new ideas. Best wishes! :-)
@Aja103654 (5658)
LOL at those dorky authors reaping the benefits of mediocrity. Small things amuse small minds, and there are a lot of small minds living in this world as of late. Tst tsk I'd like to read your book when you finish it
@sender621 (14956)
I wish you the best of luck in writing your novel. i hope that it brings you the success you hope for. If it can happen for twilight, then perhaps it can happen for you too.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
If you want to do this, go with your guts! Maybe it's going to be the best hit :D.