I am happy with my shopping today!

@911Ricki (13602)
I went to Walmart after volunteering as I had a little time. I had to get Marco, Max & Gizmoe their veggies as I was running low (all they have been getting is lettuce). So I grabbed them a bunch of kale, two bunches of swiss chard (they seems to really like it), bunch of collard greens, a few bags of lettuce (3 hearts of lettuce and its cheapier than the other bundles), a bag of carrots and a bunch of celery. The prices of all the veggies went up, by 0.50 cents a bunch for the winter. I grabbed a pack of chicken breasts (something new Honey Dijon) for work, and similar chicken which is stuffed with cheese and ham both for $6.00 each. 2 packs of mushrooms for me which were $1.00 each (I add these into my chinese noodles or udon noodles to bulk it up). I got 2 bottles of Listerine as tehy were on sale, I needed one, and put one away (as usually they are $9.98, and they were $5.97). Also, a small container of vaseline (for my wonderful medication - paid a little more for the hypoallergenic, and unscented). As a treat grabbed a pack of Reeses they have 8 single packs. I got it for my hot chocolate machine to try they were on sale for $1.27 (compared to $3.98).
@Anne18 (11036)
Wow what a lot of very good bargins and good stuff you got at the store. Its no surprise that you were very happy with the shopping. I get happy with my shopping when I can buy all what I need with the money I have put aside to do the food shopping with.
@911Ricki (13602)
Yes, when you stay within your budget it's a bonus.
@Cutie18f (9563)
Wow, that's a good list of groceries Ricki. I've not done any full-scale grocery shopping in a long time because I seldom cook at home.
@911Ricki (13602)
Why dont you eat at home? I usually eat at home or bring myu lunch with me as it is a lot cheapier. Once in awhile treat ,myself to take out.
@kingparker (9698)
So, how much did you spend total for today's shopping, I was curious. I don't do much shopping, and I have no idea where to shop would save my money a bunch. My mom or my dad might know better than I do. I usually shop online or go from store to store to shop electronic stuff, mostly computers. I bought some on Black Friday, and some on cyber Monday. I hope that I can get more good deal from somewhere else.
@911Ricki (13602)
Compare prices, you can pull flyers up online, also price match. I usually go to Walmart, so say if No Frills or Zehrs has something on sale I will Price Match and get it at the sale price. I try to get coupons where possible, I try to sit down and email companies every so often. I shop clearance as well, even groceries they ahve a few months before they expire (I work in retail and this is rule of thumb). So I stock up and even past its expriy date if stored properly can last up to 6 months - a year.
@surekharathi (14134)
I also feel happy with my shopping because everyone likes my sari and say your sari is good and your choice is good. Now in my relatives home marriage so I do the shopping.
@alberello (4755)
Well, especially now that we have reached the end of the month, all of them waiting for the arrival in December (at least in Italy, where you take the 13th month salary), we must be very economy looking to spend only what is necessary (after all there are only two days!) . It seems to me that you have spent enough anyway, but I also believe that what you bought, it might be enough for a whole week! All in all then at the end you were given away waffles for your coffee machine. I must say that in that supermarket, treat them well, their customers!
Those are really good mark-downs for the Listerine and Reeses. If you are able to, you could sock away the savings in a jar for a couple of months and see what you come up with. Or if you use coupons faithfully, you could do the same with that. When I was working at Walmart, one time I decided to put my 10% off savings in a little wooden box for a few months. I saved up enough money that way over about 3 or 4 months and bought myself a small stereo. Was more like a boom box but the radio and cd player sounded good.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
funny I was just doing my walmart list here... I love walmart in mexico as I can get many us products like my yuban coffee and a few other brand there. We dont get those here except at walmart.
@sender621 (14956)
I am glad for your rewarding shopping experience at walmart. shoppin is not always a pleasant task in this harried and huried world. we need to take the time to share the joy.
They were the great deals, you can got some on sale and in turn you can save money while grabbing the same quantities of items. I would be very happy if I were you. You must be very happy to be able to get them. Anyway for me, I also usually looking for the items in sale to save some money whilst also get the same quantities of items, usually trying to get some discon coupon or something like that or shopping in the place where those some items are on sale.
@Blondie2222 (22365)
Sounds like you made out well shopping. I love getting my groceries at walmart because you get more for your money there and the stuff last a lot longer. I just bought some chocolate the other day as my treat too at dollar general they had 6 packs of different chocolate on sale for 1 dollar a piece, so couldn't help but take up the offer so I bought 3. I don't usually buy for myself because I never have the extra money. But atleast your animals will be happy now because they have different vegetables they can eat now. I can't wait to get paid next week so I can do some shopping as well.
@MandaLee (3738)
Hi Ricki, You should be happy. You got some great deals, especially on the chicken and veggies. That is just terrific!