Leashing a Beetle!

We're learning about Human Anatomy & Physiology in this class, and on this particular unit, we're learning about the muscles. In one of our experiments, our teacher would bring docile beetles to class for us to do some pulling. I had to face a bit of a fear that I had, and it was the insect itself. We used toilet paper to noticeably find the beetle in contrasting colors, then we used some string that was already taped against a petri dish. Every passing moment that the beetle was able to move the petri dish, we placed a penny on the petri dish, in testing the beetle's muscles. The petri dish & pennies were based on an average that was predetermined by our teachers, and all we really had to do was to tie the rope around the posterior side of the beetle's anthrax. I never seen the rate of scared guys compared to girls in the room. I guess I just predominantly had this fear, but apparently my peers who sat with me were just absolutely afraid of it, in fear that the beetle will bite them. There was this girl who came towards our table who (thankfully) tied our beetle up for us to do the experiment, but they were left to do it themselves. As it turns out, the beetle was able to still move the petri dish after fifteen pennies, which is quite a feat, considering the rest of the sub-groups in our table only managed to get seven or eight. As far as things went, I think that was a fun experience. The beetle didn't have as great an experience, considering he was hissing as well as leaving his waste all over the towels. Have you ever faced a moment where you predetermine this to be bad because of a fear, but after trying it, had a much better experience than previously thought?
Wow, I am glad that I am not in your class! In biology classes, I always enjoyed dissection, but I really don't like touching bugs. I would have to fight my inclination to kill it!
I used to be afraid of spiders when I was a kid until I learned that they fight spiders against each other. My classmates held a mini tournament with this hobby and I couldn't help but join them. The whole sense of two spiders fighting just got me all caught up, so I ignored all my fears and caught myself my own spider to challenge the others. It was fun. You wouldn't know who would win. It doesn't matter how big your spider is. The others are smarter, while the others have longer limbs. Every fight was interesting to watch. I quit it once they start to involve money since I don't really have that much.