Are you Scared of the toilet?

@erikmama (12929)
I was visiting a friend earlier today when her 4 year old come out of the bathroom crying, afraid the toilet was going to swallow them all. The poor little guy was hysterical and just knew he was going to be gobbled up by the toilet!! It made me laugh as it did his mother. He tehn asked what happens when it swallows the water and all sorts of other questions related. I suppose for a 4 year old this is something to be worried about but it still ticked me so much! Have you ever been afraid of something strange or unusual? If so what was it and what about it made you so afraid? Are you still afraid of this item?
It is strange to sound.How come a four year old kid would be like a paranoiac ? Was it due to the dim light of the toilet or the fact that he watches too many horror films or his parents frequently frighten him by telling him some horrible things at ordinary times ?
@erikmama (12929)
LOL I am not ure what it was. I just think kids think crazy things-4not in a bad way. He was sure frigthen, hoever and put a smile on all of our faces.
Yes, nobody know what the kid thought of at that point.
@CloudXD (84)
I never been scared by a toilet! ahah well i guess those minds of the kids are sometimes beyond reality, they maybe thinking unusual things because their mind are somehow exploring more.
@erikmama (12929)
yolo - FUNnY
LOL!! I do not recall ever being scared of the dark either, but I do not find it too strange that a child would be. Little ones definitly have imaginations!! It was really funny, however and something that made me laugh!!
Yes they really have weird imaginations. ahah i don't know if i have that fear too when i was a kid.
You know, I've heard stories of children that have had irrational fears of flushing toilets and the drain of the bathtub throughout my life, but I have to admit that I've never been afraid of those things and I've never seen anyone first hand that has been afraid of those things. Now my irrational fear was windows without curtains or something covering them when it is raining. I was always afraid that there was someone looking in at me when it was raining. Now I'm grown, but I do have to admit that I do have some degree of fear of the uncovered windows when it is raining.
@erikmama (12929)
I've never heard of this fear before, either11 I think no curtains alone is plenty enough to scare me. I am always worried that others are lookin in on me, not something that I want. I never recall a scart moment with the toilet, but it was very funny to see this little boy!
@jaiho2009 (39001)
I knew someone who is afraid of dark waters. I never thought a good looking guy and a masculine physical looks is afraid of dark waters. Long ago during our teenage days when me and other friends go for a swimming. Then we and the group decided to ride a boat and went to the deeper part of the sea. There we jump to have a good swim, but this guy stayed on the boat. Till we learned that he is afraid of the water because it looks dark and he is afraid that something or someone will pull him down...ahahahaa
@erikmama (12929)
Dark waters? Tha is also something I have never heard of before. I guess that is kind of scary when you thin about it. Who knows what is underneath? I cannot swim so Personally all water scares me! Thanks for the response!!
@sajujohn (1009)
I remember that during mr childhood I was afraid of going to toilet alone. Also I was very much afraid to enter into a near by room or toilet if there is no light in that room. Later I also remember that I shrugged of my fear and able to get into the toilet alone, but when I am in toilet if the power(electricity) goes I was very much afraid. I don't know from where I got this afraidness and happily now I can say that now I am not afraid of anything.I also don't know how I overcome those fears. :-)
@erikmama (12929)
I am not sure how one would overcome this either. It is something that I have never heard of before. But we are all afraid of something. Just some of us have more uncommon things. The little boy sure did put a smile on my face however. Best of luck to you.
@roshigo58 (4871)
• Pune, India
Hi, I am afraid of drowning in water so I don't like swimming. I have learned swimming but I don't want to go for swimming. I have given response to one of the mylot friends whose son is afraid of going to toilet. It is very difficult to understand child psychology.
@erikmama (12929)
Child physology is very difficult to understand!! I am also afraid of water but it is because I am unable to swim. I think it gets worse the older that I get!
@edvc77 (2143)
I have the same problem, my three year old son is afraid of toilet. He does not want to urinate in toilet especially outside our house. I don't know how I'm going to encourage him to urinate there. However, I have no problem in taking a bath. he does like taking a bath in toilet but not urinating. I wonder then why. Thanks for this. Good day!
@erikmama (12929)
Sorry to hear that you little man is also afraid of the toilet. I always heard that using Cheerios for them to aim at is a good idea. He wants to take a bath in the toilet?
@Raine38 (9193)
I can't remember at all if I used to be afraid at our toilet. But until now, I am still afraid of extreme darkness. I can't sleep without a night light on or any lampshade in our bedroom. Which is the exact opposite of my husband, he cannot sleep with any light on even if its just so tiny. It needs to be pitch black so he can sleep at all.
@erikmama (12929)
I do not think that I was afraid of the toilet, but again I am not really sure. I dont recall ever being afraid. I am afraid of extremem darkness as well. I do not have to have a light on but I do like to have something in the bakcground. A TV is great!
@betty1989 (752)
I am afraid I will drop down when I stand in the high place even there are windows, walls. I am just fear about dropping down. Maybe it is called acrophobabio. I am worried about the safety. What if one scares you in the back if i just ebjoy the scenary in the high place. Oh terrible.
@erikmama (12929)
Oh wow! That must be very frightening! I have heard a lot of people being scared of heights but ths is a new one on me!!