Part of me don't even want to go now.

I was invited out to eat dinner tonight. which means I could not eat lunch because I would not be able to eat my dinner. I just woke up being I could not sleep last night at all. I was told I would be up over an hour ago. Now,I just called to say I can't go that long without eating something so we really need to leave. Now,he is telling me give him some more time. well,if I do eat here I am not going to say a word. I will go out and take my food home. I really want boston market so I will try to hold on.. My stomach does not growl at all but,I do feel weak and drained when I am in need of food. I will just make a hot drink and keep reading here.
@911Ricki (13602)
I hate people who are always late, or who are slow getting ready. If someone caalled me and said this I would be over as quickly as I could. You dont need to be causing yourself to get ill, or hurt yourself from not eating and passing out.
I agree with you Ricki, and she eats very little to begin with due to her small stomach. She could really pass out from not eating.
@911Ricki (13602)
Even if you have water, or some small candies. I do this when I go for my iron infusions and I cant eat during it. So I have some candies to tie me over until I get home.
@stanley777 (7177)
Whenever we go to a dinner to our relative's house we do at something an hour before it, since it might not immediately start when we get there. And my children sometimes gets hungry fast. So it is good to get some snacks before..
@Arieles (2474)
I would eat something small before going out like a complex carb (like sweet potatoes or rice) Maybe I would even have a small snack like a banana or an apple and then when I go out, I would be able to order something small and just have a good time and enjoy the company and atmosphere. It's nice to go out and not have to think about cooking dinner or what you are going to have for dinner, let someone else worry about the dirty dishes for a change
@Blondie2222 (21747)
That's cool you got invited to go out to eat. I haven't been out to eat in a long while, normally when we do we eat at the bowling alley where we bowl on Sundays. But it's been awhile since I've been to a restaurant. I hope your able to hold off and be able to enjoy your dinner tonight, have a good time.
Lucky you not to get hunger pangs. I'd just nibble on something until you go out to eat.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
girl I thought you had gotten this mess straghten out..You need to make some points to him and he needs to listen and hear you. You can not continue to not say things because you are afraid he might get mad...You need to let him know how important your time is as well as his...and this tellng you one time and showing up later is for the birds..never mine him getting angry...he is not a child he will get over it...you need to put on those "big girl panties"...until you do the right thing, don't expect him to do the right thing..he is doing just what you let him.. you know I love both of you but right is right and wrong is certainly wrong...
hi bjc oh my is she dating Adrian again? oh I hope he behaves she is just too good to people and then they take advantage. I know as I am a bit that wa y then kick myself my son calls me awimp as I am not confrontational with people I hate conflicts I know she must still love him but hope it is better this time.I was so fortunate in my hubby while he like all of us was not perfvect we hardly ever really fought as he told me he wo ulde always love me, respect me and trust me so that was pretty great.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hi Hatley, I had to go back and read my post because I didn't remember say Adrian..and I see I did not.. I was commenting on the same he she was he/him she was speaking about...She did not call anyone's name and neither did I.. I never like telling other people business..it not my business to yay or nay that...I am sure you do understand that... It sounds like your hubby was a great man..and its good you have those memories...
• Uganda
hope you get a wanderfull time pal. me i am just going to spend my evening reading i have and exam on monday.
I don't know. Sounds like gastric bypass surgery just causes a great big headache either. This is something I have never considered, and after reading your posts about being sick from certain foods, and now this, I would never consider it in the future. WOW!
@Tina30219 (34111)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hope you enjoy your dinner out. I think tonight will be an early night for me because I was up late worrying about my daughter she was coughing a lot. She seems to be ok right now time will tell for tonight though.
Well I hope he hurried up. I am one of those who also needs to eat when I need to eat and do not push me off late. I think drinking something hot, maybe with a little sweetener or sugar would help, or a cup of broth. I think that is what I would do .
If you need to eat, don't worry about ruining your dinner. I get this way sometimes, and when I try to wait, I find that my body just goes into emergency response and I can't eat much at dinner anyway! Try snacking on some fruit, cheese, or another light snack with some protein. The protein will give your body the nutrition it needs for very little calories. You should feel satisfied for a few hours, but not sick if you eat soon after. Take care of yourself and enjoy dinner with your friend!
@alberello (4755)
Well, from what I understand, you've skipped lunch this afternoon, just in anticipation of the invitation to tonight's dinner. I understand perfectly, you say, "If I eat first, when it comes time for dinner, I will have more hunger," so prefer to stay at fasting, perhaps "suffering a little," but of course you do not want to miss the dinner. However, you also have reported having slept badly last night. So on an empty stomach, in this case, I believe that you are ill. Maybe I'm wrong?
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Go girl.. its good to go out once in awhile. Go and have a great time.
@stary1 (6622)
giftsandbagscom One of the reasons I am not really keen on going out to dinner is it is usually very late and I like to eat around 5 pm..that is what I grew up with and it works best for me ..or 6pm at the latest. In your case..I would drink a glass of warm milk if you like it and if it won't put you to sleep. I find warm or even cool milk filling.. goodluck...
@atv818 (1988)
• United Arab Emirates
If you don't want to go out to buy food to eat, then try calling delivery of your favorite restaurants. Hunger can affect people in different ways and if you feel weak and drained then you should not ignore that since it will dangerously affect your health. My friend was hospitalized when she ignored hunger signs so be careful. If you don't want delivery then eat a biscuit or egg then go out and have a real meal.
hi fifts could you have some kind of thin soup like consomme that would keep off the hunger pangs but not fill you up.? I have friends who have also had gastric by pass and I know they can only eat s o much at a time. I was told I anm not quite heavy enough for it so am really trying to lose more weight.Hope you do go out he? like a new boy friend or just a friend friend anyway go out and have fun. I love Boston Market too. One year when I worked in the library we decided to each order something from Boston Market and we all put in a certain amount of money for our Christmas party and what I ordered was really delicious but the party sort of fizzled so we went back to each of us bringing a hot dish or drinks or dessert and that realty was more fun but the Boston Market food was really so good. wow.
@lilybug (21148)
I would be upset if I was told I was getting picked up for a dinner I was invited to and an hour later I was still waiting. I hope you were not left waiting much longer after you made your call. I would have probably eaten a few bites of something to tide me over until dinner time if I thought they would be there soon. If I was starting to doubt that person was coming after all I would have said forget it and ate dinner at home.