Would you choose to give up your own happiness?

I am a single mother of a 1-year old baby girl. Since I need to work, it's my mother who's taking care of her. We were abandoned by the father of my child after I gave birth because of another girl who happened to be working on the same place that we are working at. During these times, I was so down and hurt. I decided to go out with an old friend of mine who used to be my classmate when I was in high school. Meeting him again after 10 years is more like destiny. We learned that we both like each other since high school and eventually he became my boyfriend. This is against the knowledge of my parents though, I know they wouldn't accept the fact that I have another boyfriend now. But I know that whatever we are having (my boyfriend and I) are different and that I will never find another like him and that I will never feel this way to anyone again. My father is no longer talking to me because I refused to leave the guy whom I know is worth fighting for. But I'm confused. I don't really want to go against my parent's will.
@marianne87 (3526)
You're not a child. You are a woman, a mother, and you need to make your own life decisions. Surely your parents should be happy that you want to provide a father figure for your little girl? They will get over it. Do what's right for you and your baby, its not fair for you to be unhappy because you want to please others.
Thank you. That is what my boyfriend and I holding on to as well. That one day, my parents would realise that I had learned from my mistakes and that he's a good man. He's willing to take the responsibility of being a father to my little girl. I'm glad that he's holding on to me even if he knew that my parents doesn't like me having a boyfriend.
Its a big deal for a man to take on someone else's child. If he's willing to do that, then he must love you. And that's all that matters.
@ctryhnny (3463)
First you have to decide if this guy is a good guy or not...not easy! If your parents don't like him they may see something that you don't because your "blinded" by the love bug. Whatever you choose to do Good Luck.
Yes, I understand what you mean. But I know that he is a good guy. Sometimes, I wanted to think it that way just to understand my parents, the thing is they haven't met the guy. He's been asking me if he can visit me and talk to my parents but my parents doesn't want. They are not pleased that he doesn't have a stable job. Apparently, he wasn't been able to work after he graduated because his mother was stroked and has to be bed ridden till now. His father was stroked as well but can still move. Nevertheless, he's the only guy in the family left. And was assigned to take in charge of their business which is in the marketplace. My parents are not pleased with this. But they don't know that he's been supporting me in his own ways.