ankle sprain injury

@pomwango (1355)
Kenya
i recently tripped and sprained my ankle, the pain was unbelievable that i just wanted to sit there and cry.when some good Samaritan helped me up,i could not even walk and had to take a taxi home.i had to go to a doctor to confirm nothing was broken because i couldn't even step on that foot.i have been on bed rest for almost 4 days now and have to be carried around or hop on one foot.who has gone through this and how did you cope?
@jeztrose (1405)
Ow! i think that really hurts and good that you go to the doctor right away after that incident. I hope that you will be better soon and recover from that injury.
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
thanks am much better but cant say the ankle is ready for too much work like walking and standing,i still have to rest with it elevated alot.
@jeztrose (1405)
Yes you must not force your self if it still hurts. and having some rest will really help you recover and i suggest that you can have your ankle a little exercise but don't over do it.
@JamesKYTan (1607)
I hope you have a speedy recovery soon. Our national badminton player Dato Lee Chong Wei also had suffered a sprained ankle before the Olympic game. He went for treatment and managed to heal in time for the Olympic Game and won the silver medal. I personally had gout on my ankle before. I can't even walk, I have to use crutches. Nowadays I have to watch what I eat so not to spark the gout.
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
this just goes to show how important that ankle is ,it can have you totally grounded in a blink of an eye.
@wolfie34 (26793)
Welcome to Mylot! Our elderly neighbour who is 94 had a fall recently, she called us one Sunday evening, she had fell and hurt herself, both my mother and I went round t see her we managed to get her sitting on her chair, she refused medical help, I made her a strong cup of tea, I think it was more the shock than anything, she hasn't been out for a weeks now, she did badly bruise her ankle in the fall, we check up her on daily, and when I went round to take her bins out for her, she came to the door, her ankle had healed up, I think she was going stir crazy being shut in not being able to get out. All her family live miles away from her.
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
seems she just hit her ankle at that age it would have taken her more time to heal.
@mariaperalta (19094)
• Mexico
hope you are better now.. make sure you stay off it a few days. Have a great week there.
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
its not so painful now but abit stiff still and walking not yet comfortable,am actually dragging it abit.
@anklesmash (1416)
I know what you are going through I have sprained my ankles quite a few times,I'm pretty susceptible to ankle injuries. The worst being when I broke two bones and dislocated another bone.Apparently the reason I get so many ankle injuries is because they are to flexible so I go over on them quite easily.When I sprain my ankle I find it useful to sit with my ankle elevated this helps in speeding up the reduction in swelling.When I broke my ankle I was advised to sit with it above my heart,as I needed the swelling to go down before they could take the stitches out.
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
this sounds scary if it can happen to someone more than once ,its a nightmare being so helpless ,am trying to walk on it and the leg still feels weird but i have to try.
@Iriene88 (5352)
My father is hospitalised due to a fall. He was admitted last Tuesday. Due to his old age, it take longer time to heal.He was give painkiller to stand the pain. I wish you "Speedy Recovery".
@pomwango (1355)
• Kenya
thanks, sorry about your dad.its really painful and i hope you guys give him lots of support when he comes back home.