would you go to the mall if it would save you $7

I was looking on a site for something and found a great sale. but, the shipping is $7 and I was thinking the bus will cost me $3 both ways. and now, I am thinking to get on the bus tomorrow and go to the store. but, I also thought if I go to the mall I could find something else and spend more money. the tax was $2.95 which is basically the bus fair. I keep saying I am done shopping and then I think of something nice to add to my gifts. the item I wanted tonight was a Victoria secret body spray gift set with about 4 sprays in it. My daughter's was stolen by the new girlfriend of the loser. so, it would make a nice addition to what she already has. plus, I really want to get myself one set too.
@Arieles (2474)
At the present time, I would not go to the mall to save seven dollars. It cost me to much to drive to the mall, and I promised myself that this year my priorities need to lay somewhere else. Once again, I will be making the majority of my gifts, so I'll be utilizing the dollar store and getting some things there. It would be nice to go to Victoria Secrets and get some body spray for my girls, as I am sure they would appreciate it, but the mall is sixty miles away.
Wow that is very far in deed. it is about 20 minutes on the bus and that might even be a stretch..
@Arieles (2474)
I would go to the mall more often if I lived closer. I might spend more money, but sometimes I just like to go to the mall for something to do, look around and window shop.
I have a mall very closer to my home. But I dont prefer going there.The reason is very simple, I end up spending a lot of money and finally doesnt buy what is actually required. This happens with me all the time.
No I wouldn't go to save the shipping because you are very likely to spend way more by going to the mall. You see all the pretty stuff and then buy more.
That is just what I am afraid of. I guess I better go back to the site and pay for the sprays. Thanks
I think that is what the whole market deal is all about. They offer you a small discount. people usually fall prey to such offers. They go for buying something and end up buying all whatever which is not required
@cobalt20 (1321)
I agree with PointlessQuestions. It is good to save than spending money. Saving money is the best. Just buy important ones.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
well, I am sure that you will think this over and make the the decision that makes the most sense. Is it really worth getting on the bus and travelling to the mall. and do you really have to worry about spending money that you don;t have??? It might be worth the ride to just get out of the house and town to see some new faces and breath some fresh air.. It could be a nice relaxing time for you alone..I am sure you will decide...
Your right it would be nice to get out and see new things. lol. but,i decided to shop online..
@succeednow (1633)
Hi gifts, I guess if you just wanted one item you'll be better off to get it delivered so that you would not have to resist the temptation if you were to visit the mall personally. You may be saving on the shipping charges but you'll end up poorer in the end. Just sharing my opinion. Have a nice day.
That is what will happen and I am already doing bad looking at some other stores for sales. I better stick to mylot for some time..
@911Ricki (13602)
For me it wouldn`t be worth it, here the mall is 45 minutes one way, plus pushing through all the rude people. I would rather sit at home relax, and order it online, to be delivered to my door. How is your daughter? Havnt heard any updates.
I don't speak to her and we are not around each other so I don't know anything other than what I am told by others. she is struggling bad and her job cut her hours.
@911Ricki (13602)
Sometimes you have to make do with the hours, which is why I work several jobs so if one cuts my hours, I am not hurting as bad. I guess she will learn, I am still budgetting while putting so much away for savings now with the little amount I make in a month. The job market is next to none now.
Oh, $7 converted to our money is already big savings. I'll definitely go to the mall to save money. Just bring exact cash and a little extra so you don't have to buy other things. I think we sometimes can't control ourselves when shopping especially on this holiday season. We love giving gifts and make our loved ones happy. I hope your daughter will really appreciate and be so happy with your gifts. Buy yourself one, too. You deserve a gift for yourself. Enjoy shopping and happy mylotting.
I don't plan to be around my daughter for the holiday so I am sure she will not be happy at all. I do plan to give someone my gifts to give to her from them. but, that is about it.
Oh, really? I hope she'll feel your presence and your love with your gifts.
I don't drive, and the bus system is thoroughly screwed up here, so I'd probably end up taking a caxi taxi there and back, which would cost $20 each way. Deduct the #7 I saved by going to the mall, and I've still spent an extra $13. If I went with someone else, whether I paid for gas or not, they'd be paying for gas to come pick me up, if they were going anyway. If not, they'd be paying even more gas to pick me up, and to go out of their way to get me to the mall.
That is not worth the item at all. I could see you shopping from home for sure.
@devonavis (1857)
• Greece
Yes I would go to the mall with that amount of money or even less, depending on what is my purpose. :)
@besweet (7348)
• Greece
Well you can make a list of the stuff you need and go to the mall to get them all. If it's only that set, be determined and decide that this is the only thing that you'll get! I prefer shopping from the mall because I like walking around the stores and I only get stuff online if they are cheaper. So in your case, I would definitely go to the mall but I would take enough money only for the gift and the bus ticket!
So if you buy something else unexpected, you have to walk home? It seems that's a good idea and next time I will have a try. LOL
hi gifts yes as I have a friend who would drive me to a mall two blocks away if I could save 7 dollars. I have not done any Christmas shopping at all.Victoria'secret spray sounds really nice Gifts.
I know it smells really good because my daughter shops there all the time.
I'm actually not a big fan of the mall. However, if I am going to be able to save money by going to the mall, then I would do that as opposed to having the gift shipped directly to me. The thing that I would have to remember when I was doing that is that I would have to have tunnel vision when I went into the mall. What I mean in saying this is that I couldn't be drawn into other stores and I wouldn't allow myself to buy anything that I wasn't planning on buying.
• United Arab Emirates
If you can save money if you buy this by going to a mall then I say, go for it. The only thing is that you have to restrain yourself by not buying anything other than you have in focus. Otherwise, your so-called savings will be in vain.
@Blondie2222 (16281)
I don't really like going to the mall because I spend more money then I have. I always do my shopping online unless it's something I have to try on then I will go to the store. You save money online too even though shipping and handling does cost you but it's worth it most of the time.
@suspenseful (40326)
It depends on the weather. If there is a chance that I might slip and fall on the way, I would rather get it shipped, but the again I would check to see if there is anything thatI could include that may make the shipping free. I also want to see what the goods that I am buying unless it is something I bought before and can buy it either online or go to the store. For instance, for the grand children's and grand niece's Christmas gifts, I will have to get someone to take me to Toysareus or Walmart to get them. And I might have to wait until the week before Christmas as I had the furnace done this morning. Of course, that means I cannot buy those paris of jeans and the dress I wanted since it broke into my clothing budget and cannot put anything aside to fix up the basement. it depends on what the savings will be, if any. If you break even, get it shipped. If there is a considerable saving by going to the Mall, go. If it is just a small savings, well I do not know about that, but if it is not snowing and the streets are not slippery go to the Mall.
It's a tough decision. The thing is, will it cost you more in transportation fare than the shipping would cost? And, do you need anything else from the mall? If you need more than one item and can kill 2 birds with one stone, then go for it.
I guess everyone has to weight the situation and expenses to see what is worth it for them. Me, I tend to actually go the store/mall instead of buying online - I try to avoid shipping costs whenever possible when I know I can just get the item in person at nearly the same price. But I can do that as I'm driving all over the place anyway and most stores are pretty local.
@ungu89 (2001)
look that u love to shop, i think better u just buy it by post, so u will not try to buy other things if u go there by yourself tomorrow
@Sindelle (830)
I'd go if the mall was really close but....I wouldn't be surprised if this time of year they had free shipping. Normally when I order things online I look for coupon codes and I'm usually very successful in finding ones that offer free shipping.
@rockyk (160)
I would never do that. Besides the money there is also time you see. You will save your time too if you just buy it online. And I have found that online deals are quite cheaper compared to the store. I suggest you order it online. Save time as well as money!
Well I think you lose one consideration,and that is the cost of time,you should put the time cost into the total cost,and also there is another thing,and that is energy,you will lose energy if you go to the mall.