So you make Christmas just for fun or you really Love Jesus Christ??? (P.B.U.H)

@Tushavi (2078)
Karachi, Pakistan
hi to all Well, Yesterday we watch on TV & Know about an Australian Guy he is making a unique way to celebrate his Christmas, Actually he is making dancing lights for Christmas & he is So Excited about it, Now a days on media we are also watching tons of upcoming Dance parties, Drink Parties & other thing ads, I'm really confused but I want to asks one thing, please don't mind it, Can you makes christmas just for fun or you really love Jesus Christ??? if so can Jesus preach you to celebrates a dance & drink parties??? I Know & Understand Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H) do not born at 25th December, but Christians uses a Jesus Name anyway??? so anyone of you clear my this confusion???
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
I'm already planing even days ahead what day I'll order my Vegan treats from the internet, just a cake and maybe some fake chicken tulips cause more than anything it's a day of the Most Perfect Being ever to step upon this Earth so I wouldn't bring blood to the table, not other 365 days but Christmas for me it's to think about Jesus Christ all day. I'm so grateful He tried to save us, he washed away our sins. And I won't get presents too, I hate how everyone turned it out to be about presents lol.
@dragon54u (31605)
Katie, I was reading your response and it struck me that we've made Christmas a reflection of our worst characteristic as humans--greed. We took a wonderful, heartfelt deed, the presenting of precious gifts to our Savior, and turned it to serve our own purposes. Isn't that just like us? I never really thought of it in that particular way before, as perverting a holy action into one of the worst sins. I think you've led me to finally put my finger on what I truly hate about what commercialism--and willing people--have done to Christmas.
@dragon54u (31605)
There have been forces at work for years to erase Jesus from Christmas. There are many here in the U.S. who honor Him at Christmas but commercial interests and dedicated atheists have driven God from our schools, our public places and our streets. Christmas has become a day of excess. There are still many people who celebrate the birth of Jesus on Christmas. We go to evening services at our churches and awaken with joy on Christmas day, believing in God's gift of His son to us. When my children were growing up I baked a birthday cake every Christmas and we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. I still gave them gifts but not to the extreme of other parents. I explained that the gifts represented the Wise Men giving their gifts to Jesus and that it was to instill the joy of giving of self and possessions. They still continue those traditions. Jesus was probably not born on Christmas but the Catholic church designated that day long ago in order to minimize the "pagen" celebration of the winter solstice so that's when the world celebrates it. It doesn't matter which day, I think, as long as He is remembered and revered.
I totally agree that Jesus was probably not born on Christmas. dragon. And as you said the Catholics are continuing this tradition , because they have to have a day to truly celebrate Jesus' birth. And for me , it's one tradition of the Catholics that is really worth to bere revered and celebrated!
@911Ricki (13602)
I make it for fun, and I don;t believe in Jesus, or take that serious. It is about beign with family and friends, being thankful. Not about a hox, or people shoving their religion around,and preaching. I can't believe the number of people who have been knocking on the door asking for money for churches (yet, Christmas isnt about money or spending).
Hello Tushavi! I think Christmas should be whatever a person wants it to be. I bet you a million bucks that if the bible said to celebrate Christmas was slap loved ones in the face, people would do it. I'm used to just sharing presents with each other and having a Christmas lunch or dinner. I do not celebrate anything to do with Jesus. Happy MyLotting. ~AussieGal~
I really think that many of the fun things that people do for Christmas do have some link to Jesus. For example, when I was going through Christian education as a child, I was taught that the reason that we put lights on our Christmas tree is because the Wise Men followed the North Star to find the Baby Jesus. The tradition of giving gifts during the Christmas season is something that is derived from the fact that the Wise Men came to Jesus bearing gifts of gold, silver and muhr. I feel like some people have forgotten about the true meaning of Christmas, but for me, I still know what the meaning of Christmas is and I'm teaching my children of the reason for the season as well.
@kiran8 (15361)
• Mangalore, India
One need not be morose and pray all the time to celebrate, it can be a mix of both, go to the church in remembrance and then celebrate the birth of their leader and be happy...It depends on the individual as to how he and his family friends want to celebrate it either partying,drinking or dancing..Love for Jesus is not going to either decrease or increase by partying, thats my feeling !
@Sreekala (22720)
In my knowledge, people who celebrate Christmas are going to Church and they will be there in the midnight at the birth time of Jesus Christ. They are spending time there by praying and meeting people. Morning they are inviting people to their home and having lunch together and exchange gifts too. We do get invitation on Christmas celebrations when we go there we buy cakes or other gifts to give them. I think the celebrations are varying in different parts of the world according to their culture. Happy Christmas to you.
@jenny1015 (13390)
hello, Tushavi! My family and I celebrate Christmas because it has been a tradition that all family family gather together to celebrate Jesus' birth. And of course, along with it is the merriment that everybody enjoys. You might want to check this out so you'll know why we celebrate Christmas every 25th of December: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ch/news/2000/dec08.html
What? Jesus Christ wasn't born on December 25th? Where did you get that information? Can you share it with me? I've spent 29 Christmases and I know that we celebrate this for Jesus Christ's birthday. Our celebration is solemn unlike others who really have fun parties. I guess they have so much money so they can afford having extravagant Christmas Parties. So, goodluck to them. Hope they will feel the spirit of Christmas in whatever party they choose to spend it.
@1corner (744)
There are people who aren't Christians but celebrate Christmas anyways. Perhaps this Australian guy is one of them. Christmas has been commercialized by parts of the world that celebrate it. Yes, that's unfortunate - it's become a season of parties for quite a few folks, not for Christ Himself.