I hate when people don't call when tehy said they would.

My friend was nice enough to pass on some of her clothing to my friend. I called her to come and get them and she said she would call the next day to get them. I just realized she never called me today. she could have at least done that. Now,I have to wait for her to call me and pick them up. She needs these clothes too because her lousy no good husband won't by her any. (my brother)...
@Mintlin (323)
I had a lot of experience in waiting people in life and i really hate it, i tell myself i don't want to spend my life just in keeping waiting people. my previous teacher,lance,once he told me he would call me next day and he siad he is the man always keep his promise,I believe him. I keep waiting for the whole day yet he did not show up. In our next meeting,he even did not mention that. I was so disappointed.And i will never believe him any more. we here have a saying: once bitten,twice shy.which means if an animal (such as a dog)bits you one time,you will be extra careful the next time. Nowadays,i find it is so hard to trust a person,seems everyone tells lie a lot.
• Lenox, Georgia
I hate when people do things like that. But I really hate when I am waiting all day for someone to show up at my house like they said they would FOR NOTHING! Ugh, I had that happen to me today. Someone was supposed to come here at 3pm to buy some clothes from me and they NEVER showed up! I hate that so much!!
@sk66rc (4261)
That's why I don't base my life around other people... I had a similar situation with a colleague of mine... I had some clothes that my daughter has out grown... My colleague said she had 2 daughters that could use them... She said she'll stop by on her day off to pick them up so I brought them to work... I told her my break was between 12 - 1... She said she'll stop be then & for some reason if she can't come up, she'd call me... 1 o'clock came around & it was time for me to go back to work & she hasn't shown up or called yet so I dropped the clothes off in one of those donation boxes outside of my work... At 3:30, she calls me up & said she's on her way up to pick the clothes up... I told her I don't have them any more because I dropped them off in donation box... She actually got mad @ me... So I told her I can't wait for someone who can't seem to keep their words... She said, "What do you mean I can't keep my words... I told you I was coming up..." So I replied, "You said you'll come up between 12 - 1 & if you can't, you'd call... You didn't do either... You didn't keep your words... Don't know what to tell ya... But I don't have them any more so that's that..."
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I hear ya sk, I'll bet the next time she make plans like that with anyone she will think about what mught happen if she is going to be late... hopefully you taught her a lesson...LOL...
I do think that it isn't very considerate of other people to say that they are going to be calling you on a certain day and then they don't call you. However, I also have to acknowledge that there are times that I have done the same thing as your friend is doing here. The main reason that I don't end up calling the person when I say that I will is because of the fact that I do just have things come up that prevent me from following through on my plans from time to time.
@Arieles (2474)
That was great of your friend to pass on some clothes to your "friend." She should have called you to let you know when and if she was coming over so you wouldn't be waiting around for her. I will often call someone and ask for myself if they are coming or not. Maybe I want to go to bed, go out or have other plans and I don't want to wait on someone else, or know how long I have before they will be coming over. It's just good manners to let people know when you'll be arriving.
@Blondie2222 (22886)
It's always nice to get hand me downs from people, I never have money to go buy myself any new clothes either, so since I have friends and family to help me out they give me their clothes that don't fit them anymore. Or I'll go to the thrift store because it's cheap and get the clothes there. Hope your friend will call you soon and pick up those clothes, if she wants them that bad I think she will.
@911Ricki (13602)
I know for me I am always working, and people always say call me when your free (which is next to never). So I will say ok will do, yep 3 weeks down the road I will call them when I get a free hour frame. We all have different meanings of this, my friend says this and expects with a day to get a call.
@lilybug (21148)
I have way too many people in my life that don't call when they say they are going to call. It can get quite frustrating. It is possible that she just got busy and was not able to come over to get them today, but she should have at least called you and let you know that she was not able to get them today.
@bluespygirl (2112)
I don't like it too when people say that. And I don't like it too when people say that they would and then they would not. Why do some people keep on their promise? Or why do some people say things and yet they would not do? I am a type of person that when I tell, I would do.
@jenny1015 (13389)
I hate waiting, too. But sometimes, I just couldn't stand the waiting, that I would just call them instead. I could not do what I have to do or go to somewhere that I need to go if all i would be doing is to stay at home and wait for the call.
@betty1989 (752)
yes, your friend should call you. or you just wait for her calling like a fool.Maybe you should call her because maybe she has forgot. Or you are just waisting your time.