What if she drops the box after she gets it?

My mother knows I have a package coming to her house. but,she does not know what it is in the box. What if she drops it to slide it under her bed being she has a bad back. also,she has a storage room and stuff was stolen out of it. what if she stores it in there and someone steals it? she does not know what is in the box. I can't say right now what is in it because of my sister reading my posts on her phone. I am sure if you read my post last night you know whats in the box. I sure hope she does not drop that darn box to store it under her bed. I just told her about the shipment coming to her house. she has it bad when it comes to stuff being stored around her house. if things are not in there right and proper place they can't be there. she wants nothing at all under her bed or in the corners of her rooms either. The item is not small enough for me to carry over to her house so I had it delivered there. Please don't let this woman drop this box.. my goodness that would be a waste of my money.
Do you know if the company you bought that item is shipping it in an outer box? I've been watching a few different models on Amazon because we'd like to buy a new one for our apartment, and all of them say in the description that they can't be gift wrapped or concealed because they ship in their own boxes. It might not be a bad idea to have your mother open the package to check it when it arrives. That way, if there's a problem with it you can contact the company that sent it to you and inform them. With items like the one you bought, some places have a very short window where you can return them if they're defective out of the box. I know that would ruin the Christmas surprise, but at least you could deal with any problems right away.
I don't want her to open it till christmas morning.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Actually the box will be delvered with "fragile" written because UPS have to also know to "handle with care"...So she should see it when its delivered..I can not see her lifting a box and just dropping it on the floor for any reason... But if its damaged, just return it and they will replace it.. for it could have been damged by UPS
I don't mean picking it up and dropping it. I mean tilting it and letting it drop to the floor to slide it under her bed.
hi Gifts that an easy one just do what you wo uld if you were shopping it off a long ways write fragile handle with care on it or h ave them write that so she knows nmot to bang it around, maybe you will h ave to phone her and tell her it is fragile so handle with care. she does noit have to be told what it is just h at its something that cou ld be damaged so just handle w ith care.
I don't want her to start wondering what is in the box. the last thing I sent for her was house supplies so I am sure she is not thinking about a tv..
@julianmac (397)
Make sure these words are written on the box in capital, big bold letters. "FRAGILE- HANDLE WITH UTMOST CARE" or maybe you can give your mum a ring and tell her how important this package is to you and how cautiously she should deal with it.Since a different delivery address is not an option here, be optimistic and hope for the best.
I think if she drops it to fit it under her bed it will break. I will tell her it i fragile and hope she listens because that is a tv.
@Blondie2222 (22364)
Hopefully they wrote fragile on the box and she will know to handle it with care. Just worn her to handle it with care as it's breakable you don't have to tell her what it is though.
That is what I will do when she get from church. I really want her to open it for christmas morning.
My question is this. If she has it so bad around her house when it comes to stuff getting stolen, and if she has problems leading to her possibly dropping the box. why did you have it sent to her house, in the first place? There were times when I had things sent to my grandfather's house, because I didn't feel like sitting around here waiting for a buzer (I can not see if it's a package coming, or someone trying to get in here why they shouldn't). However, when I did, I alwways waitied there for it myself.
I can't have that tv delivered to my house and then take it to her. It is better delivered to her. if she does not put it in the storage room it can't be stolen. the storage room is open to the building.
With your mother knowing that the shipment that is coming to your house belongs to you, then I would be apt to think that she will take good care of the box and it's contents. The thing that I have to hope is that it will be shipped in such a way that the contents of the package will not be revealed on the outside of the box. Overall, though, I say worry not because if something does happen to the package before it is open, it shouldn't be difficult to replace it.
Just tell your mother that it is very fragile and to be careful. If you are so worried your mom will break it before she even opens it, maybe you should have bought her something else instead.
@Arieles (2474)
That is a scary thought, especially when you have something so fragile arriving in the box. Maybe you can call her and add a little more information about what to do with the box. You said she knows a package is arriving for her, just go into a little more detail as what to do with the box. For instance you can tell her to put the box in an open area, so what is in it won't sweat (keep the air circulating around the box) and to leave it in a space where no one can get to it, and you can take care of it when you go to visit her. Maybe if she has the tree up, she could have the delivery man place it under the tree when he arrives (she is old and has a bad back). If he places it there, you won't have to worry about her dropping the box.
@kokomo (1868)
Doesn't she have any companion in her house? I think you can ask for somebody there to look after your package and ask him or her not to tell with your mom what is about that package. I want also to surprise my mom for a gift but she told me to buy her a pair of jeans and blouse this Christmas so that is already my gift for her.
@jenny1015 (13389)
Just tell her that the thing in the box is fragile and that she can't just lay it anywhere in the house. Maybe she'd oblige.