Would you tell your mate you fell out of love with them?

I have also heard so many people say they are staying for the kids.. What if you had no small kids to worry about.. would you tell your mate your not in love and wanted out of the relationship? I would leave the relationship even if I had a small child. I would not risk my happiness or my child's to stay in a loveless marriage.
@lilybug (21182)
I don't believe in that staying together for the children crap. If 2 people are not meant to be together then they shouldn't be together. Staying together for the kids just teaches the kids the wrong thing. Of course kids want mom and dad to be together, but if there is no love or worse a lot of fighting then that is not good for the kids to see.
That is just how I feel as well,I file for divorce when my daughter was two.. he cheated and we both were pregnant a month apart. I could not live with that.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i have a friend that happened that situation,the man really told her that he will not really love her,and aside from that while telling that the man also said that he already have a girl in his life,and they will only be together because of their child.
@Blondie2222 (17693)
Yes I would love to be honest with my mate no matter the situation. If I was no longer in love and he wasn't making me happy anymore, I would flat out tell him the truth and tell him I want out. Whether he takes it well or not, I would do what was best for me and the child if I had one. I wouldn't want my child to see how miserable we were and to see us constantly fighting if it came out to that. You should always be honest because if your not, how are they going to know how you feel? Their going to think everything is fine between you and then when you start becoming distant they start thinking to themselves what is going on and they'll never know til you say something.
@ZoeJoy (1395)
I do think it is good to check out the guy first. Make sure you both are interested in a long term relationship. Go to counseling before getting involved with a person. People rush into a relationship with their eyes closed and then, are upset when it doesn't work out. Check out to see if both of you are committed before moving in with each other or getting married. A marriage does take work, it is not magic. A long term commitment is about love, but love that goes deep. And it takes effort to develop a deep love and relationship.
@Arieles (2474)
I can't imagine that happening, but if it did, yes I would tell them. It's a truly hard conversation to have, but if you don't love someone the way they deserve to be loved, then yes by all means, it would be the right thing to do. I agree with you too, children have the right to be in a family with two loving adults who love and respect each other.
@lizyuson (10)
i think it would be unfair for your partner if you would not tell him your feelings. if you are not happy anymore then leave instead of cheating just to justify ending the relationship.after all, love is all about true feelings not fake ones.
@trisha27 (3505)
If I were to fall out of love with my husband (I doubt that'll happen) but to say if it did, I would tell him. To leave him I wouldn't. I just don't believe in divorce. I would see what we could both do to make the marriage work and maybe to fall back in love. Go through counseling a must and see what advice we could get. The only time I think is grounds for divorce is if he cheated on me, if he was abusive towards me, or he had an addiction that he wouldn't get rid of. I wouldn't be able to deal with any of that.
Staying for the kids. What a wad of crap! How can a women stay in a bad situation for the kids? If it isn't good for her it surely isn't good for the kids either. Kids are smarter than parents give them credit for. They know something is wrong. And nine times out of ten they will feel it is their fault if the parents stay together. Something the kid did wrong. What is the good in that? To be healthy you have to be happy and you can't be happy in a bad relationship. ANd if you aren't happy the kids won't be.
I agree with you, if there is no love in the marriage, then leave. or you will be not happy in the rest of your life. that's meaningless to stay.