Does it matter if your mate gets more gifts than your mother?

I was wondering if I should just let him open his stuff later.. I know people tend to get stupid about gift giving. I got my man about 8 gifts. and they are all nice even the clothing he got. but,you already know what I got for my mother right. her gifts are far bigger if you look at the tv. well,I am thinking we should open up his later on. or maybe the night before. he gave me my computer so I gave him his boots.
It doesn't matter. I wouldn't feel I had to hide it from my mother. She got a huge gift from you, so it would be very childish to feel slighted because your boyfriend got more gifts than her.
Your right and I talked to my mother a short while ago about this post. she knows I started shopping in august and adrain was the one I started shopping for. I will not have this problem with her though. I am sure someone else would say something like kay if she were her. but no one knows where she is.
@trisha27 (3505)
I think that it is okay that you give your man more gifts then your mother and your mother should understand anyway. I'm sure she would and plus like you said, her gifts are more bigger anyways. But if you think that your mom may be a bit sad or take it the wrong way that you gave him more gifts then maybe you could give him half his presents on Christmas Eve and then the other half on Christmas day.
@choybel (5059)
In our country, we have this term pasalabong, which means things bought when you went to other places for vacation or some other reasons and these pasalubong are to be given as presents. Last May when I went to a summer vacation to a different city here in our country I bought more things for my girlfriend than anybody else. I think it's natural to be giving our partners better things than anybody else.
@asliah (11149)
hi, for me it doesn't matter if my mate gets more gifts than my mother or even from my mother,its not a big deal for me,no bitterness i would feel,and it doesn't also matter with me if what kind of gift they will give to me and i always appreciate that.
I don't think that it matters at all. I actually have to say that I think that the mate should get more gifts than the mother gets. It isn't because you love your mother any less, instead it is because of the fact that your mate is the half that makes you whole and you should value him and show him how much you value him in the gifts that you give to him. If your mother was to get upset that you gave him more than you gave her, then I think that is being petty. However, if you suspect this would be the case, there is no reason that you couldn't do Christmas at home at a different time than you do Christmas with your family.
No, I don't think it matters at all. Gifts should come from the heart and not be counted in any way. I think if you look at it the tv is probably as much or close to the eight gifts you got him. I remember when I was accused one year of not getting my ex enough stuff. I was astounded. He was making about twice what I was and he got me alot of gifts. I got him quite afew. It was just rediculous.
@ZoeJoy (1395)
Whenever and Whatever. It is totally up to you and your mate. Enjoy your gift opening time, whenever it suits both of you. I hope your mother enjoys what you are giving her. Mothers do need to be remembered.
@Arieles (2474)
Of course not, it's your mate, naturally you would want to get her things that you thought would make her happy. You love to see both your mate and your mother happy, but what can I say, you live with your mate. I don't think your mother will even care that you got your mate more gifts, she will be happy with her new HD tv. Sounds like an even trade off to me, and everyone will be happy with the Christmas holiday.
No it does not matter which one had more gifts. it is the thought that counts in the end.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
I thank God that I am not in a family that has those type of issues, and if they do, there is no big deal made of it... I have a loving family and we do what ever we want to do when ever, because of the love that what we have found to be important...gifts are not a display of how much we love each other..it that maybe we have found more or a bigger item for one than the other...maybe that one who got more presents really needed more presents... You can't live your life like that,,,but its something that had to be taught from years as children,,,
@kokomo (1868)
I think there is nothing wrong into that. As long as you are happy with what you are giving to both of them then it would be better. The important thing you did not miss anyone to give a gift for Christmas. You have a great budget in terms of gift giving I guess.
I got Randy several items and have only gotten my mother one item. I think your mom will understand because she is getting an expensive television set. If you had younger kids then it would be different because young kids tend to count the number of boxes they get and if one gets more than the other they get upset. I know this year I have to buy my nephews a couple of things because I got my niece three items (a notebook with Hello Kitty, a Hello Kitty Doll and a Weaving Loom Kit) and I have not bought my nephews anything yet (I will today). Randy and I always open one gift on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.