Do you like long phone calls?

I really don't mind if I have something to say. but,there are times when people call and I really have nothing to say. I have found I will just sit on the phone and say nothing. Or if I really know the person is bothering me and I am not in the mood I will not answer.
@webgirl01 (693)
Hi there! Interesting topic. Hmm..I used to like talking on phones with friends but this was during elementary years. Now, I'm not really into long phone calls and depends on the person or friend who is talking to me. I'm not really much of a caller. i started hating phone calls because I get annoying phone calls from friends who manipulate me and bunch of drama. There are times when people call and I have nothing to say (during elementary years and some in high school). I think the most I can talk is probably 5 to 10 minutes. Certain friend, probably an hour or longer but depends. I also don't want to waste minutes on phones. Another situation is when a certain person (friend) that I really don't consider to be close or good friend who did used to be a close and best friend would always call or communicate with me on phone. She talks and rambles on and i'm just listening and not really say except uh huh oh okay...and my convo is limited with her mostly on phone. I started hating phone calls because of her. I always did hang out with her, I see her, and also phone calls. She's easilly bored when were were very close and best friends. I don't know if I enjoy long phone calls. I began not being to phone person. Generally I'm not a phone person. If I knew that friend person is bothering me and I'm also in no mood to answer, I will not answer. But she will leave a voice mail or text me. So in response to like long phone calls, not really especially if it is from a particular friends that calls me. And sometimes when talking she won't let me get off the phone if she's that bored...
That is when you tell her your phone is beaping and it is an important call.
I don't like long phone calls because it's hurting my ears. I only accept phone calls for orders of my business. I only call somebody in cases of emergency. But I do have a cellphone and a land line phone. But I don't use it for gossiping. It's mainly business and few personal calls.
I don't have a landline but think I might get one since the cell cuts off in tis darn apartment.
It is nice when you are just getting to know someone or you need to catch up. I have just the land line and I leave the ringer off on the extension in my room. My daughter has the ringer on downstairs so she can check and see who it is and answer if appropriate. If it's a solicitor we usually don't answer. And if we are unsure and don't feel like answering I figure if they want to speak to us badly enough they can leave a message and we can call them back at our convenience.
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I have never been a phone person for my 56 years on this earth. If I have something to say like you, I don't have a problem. However, if I'm busy and don't have the time or just don't want to talk I will rush the person off the phone. Telling them I have to go when you called I was walking out the door or some other excuse. I only have a landline phone because of my family wanting to keep in touch since I live in PR. Otherwise I would be happy with my hubby having his cell phone and I use that when or only if I need too.
@enelym001 (8333)
I love long phone calls. But it's gotta be with someone that I enjoy talking too. That we have a lot of interesting topics to talk about and not just be on the phone without nothing much to say.
The same to you,when I pick a phone call from a right person and with a intersting topic,I will forget the time and enjoy the talking,the "long" seems "short",but once it belongs to a wrong partner with a boring content,I will feel it is a waste of my time,and the long becomes longer!
@enelym001 (8333)
Right! It becomes even longer and boring. Especially if there's that long pause. Thinking about something to say but there's really nothing to say. Better do something else than waiting for the other people to speak.
@asliah (11148)
hi, actually i don't like to have a long phone calls because phone usually going hot in my ears,or even those wired phone at home,i can not hold it for half of an hour so that sometimes i don't like to answer it or sometimes i will cut off our conversation.
I dont like long phoen calls I use to make cal for telling any information to the others and ask how they are.Some times my friends make cal and tell the unnecessary taks though we meet regularly this is ful waste of time and boaring too
@Eric731 (40)
• New Zealand
Depending on the contents of the conversations and my situations( eg i busy or not, tire or not etc.). However i generally do not enjoy long phone conversations as i think it is tiring and boring.
I used to love being on the phone as a young teenager. Now I am horrible at it. I think being in a professional environment ruined it. When you replace gossip and "boo talk" with secretarial speak it just does not transfer well. I am great at in person talking but just lost my phone zazzle.
@betty1989 (752)
I like long phone calls,and I have done this for four years. I have long distance relationship with my boyfriend and all the things we like to do is having long distance calls.We can share things what happen today or other funny things. sometimes, we will have sweet words. I also have lng distance phone call with my mom. I always miss her very much and we can talk up to one hour in the phone.
It's a hit or miss with me. Last night I had a phone call with my bf and it lasted 50 minutes. My phone interview with a potential job was 28 minutes. It really depends on whether I can tolerate the person on the other line or not.
@Tina30219 (35762)
• Onaway, Michigan
The only time I like long phone calls is when I have a lot to say to the person I am talking to.If I do not have a lot to say I don't like long phone calls.
@laken02 (3067)
i love to talk on the phone, but i dont do it as much now as i did when i was a teenager.. but i look forward to calling my friend and chatting with her thru out the day.. espically if i have problems or just need to vent.. she seems to always help..
@Arieles (2474)
lol..wow, this sounds like me. I hate long phone calls. If you have something to ask me, than ask me. I really despise wasting time on the phone. If you want to come visit me, come and visit me and we'll have a cup of coffee, and we can talk while I clean or do work around the house. If I call you, there will be a reason behind the call, or maybe just a quick "hi" how ya doing to let you know I'm thinking of you, but no thank you to long phone calls. I always answer either yes or no, or let them know I'm listening.
@carolbee (16241)
My choice is not to spend so much time on the phone. I never have been all that excited about a phone but do have a couple of land lines in the house along with my cell phone. I do keep in touch with our kids and a close friend. Most of the time I email other friends and keep in close touch using the internet.
@kokomo (1868)
Yeah, I like it most especially when my boyfriend calls me. I am in a long distance relationship and talking over the phone for a long time is a pleasure with us. Though sometimes the cell phone gets hot so for the mean time he was dropping his call. Sometimes I get blanked also when he is talking and don't know what to say. Feel bored I guess sometimes.
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
No I do not. It tires my out. I seldom call someone and if someone is calling I want to pay attention to that person. I can't do that for hours (like my aunt for example did years ago.. if you wanted to end the call for example because you needed to go shopping or to go to the bathroom she said she would wait! or called back later (for hours again).
@jeztrose (1405)
I am not also fond of calling and texting, i just rarely use my phone and whenever i have calls and from a number i don't know i won't pick it up. unless they would text me first who is he/she.Sometimes even my friend calls me to just say hi and nothing really important will make me bore.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
There are some people who are very long winded and weather I made the call or someone call me, I always feel like I am control of my time... there are sometimes I have been on the phone for a long time because I thought the person who called me need me to be there at that time, but then there are other times Its just a quick conversation... I will not let my time be invaded my no one unneccessarily...
@sakhijan (21)
• Pakistan
I don't own a cell phone for a reason